Inheritance Gear - please explain!

Nethric

Ok,

I do not understand the Legacy Inheritance gear.

At level 50, you can purchase various Inheritanc/Birthright items for the cost of 200 Daily Coms.

For this, you get an item for a low level toon that does nto have and mods, and therefore, is worthless, because

at that level equipment gets outdated very very quickly.

Please explain the point of this.

These items were also supposed to occur as drops throughout the game. I have many toons, and 3 lvl 50's. I

am as yet to even see 1 drop.

On the other hand, for the credit reward of less that 2 days worth of dailies, (approx 70 daily comms), you can purchase MODABLE gear from the legacy vendors.

I would liike my 200 daily comms back!

Edited by Nethric
adding a bit more info

Legacy gear can be used to move over "Bind on equip" mods, enhancements, and armorings. This allows people to gear out alts with Campaign/Rakata level gear while playing on an already geared main. Basically if you've already got a guy who's well geared, you don't have to do the gear grind twice to gain access to top end gear.

Legacy gear can be used to move over "Bind on equip" mods, enhancements, and armorings. This allows people to gear out alts with Campaign/Rakata level gear while playing on an already geared main. Basically if you've already got a guy who's well geared, you don't have to do the gear grind twice to gain access to top end gear.

You can do this with the custom (orange) moddable Renowned and Exalted set purchased with credits. You cannot do this with the legendary (dark blue) non-moddable Inheritance and Birthright sets which come from rewards, very rare drops or purchased with daily commendations. The OP was refering to the non-moddable sets.

Ok,

At level 50, you can purchase various Inheritanc/Birthright items for the cost of 200 Daily Coms.

For this, you get an item for a low level toon that does nto have and mods, and therefore, is worthless, because

These items were also supposed to occur as drops throughout the game. I have many toons, and 3 lvl 50's. I

On the other hand, for the credit reward of less that 2 days worth of dailies, (approx 70 daily comms), you can purchase MODABLE gear from the legacy vendors.

he's not talking about the orange gear initially.

The inheritance/birthright gear is worthless really. The weapon is usuable for at the most 9-10 levels and thats pushing it. The inheritance gear really needs to be looked at. It should scale with level and grant a small xp bonus. Not specific xp like the legacy does but an across the board xp boost.

It wouldn't hurt a bit and it would provide an incentive to level alts. Like WoW or hate WoW, heirlooms were a good idea.

Or you can spend roughly 1 million credits and buy the complete orange set which depending on class either looks really cool or completely stupid.

Edited by Imhotep

The inheritance/birthright gear is worthless really. The weapon is usuable for at the most 9-10 levels and thats pushing it. The inheritance gear really needs to be looked at. It should scale with level and grant a small xp bonus. Not specific xp like the legacy does but an across the board xp boost.

It wouldn't hurt a bit and it would provide an incentive to level alts. Like WoW or hate WoW, heirlooms were a good idea.

Or you can spend roughly 1 million credits and buy the complete orange set which depending on class either looks really cool or completely stupid.

Thank you :)

There have been a lot and I mean A LOT of threads talking about this issue, Bioware never gave a response, i guess it was in utter embarrasment of how pointless that feature turned out to be.

Ok,

I've gotten legacy arm guards as a drop when doing dailies in the Black Hole, so they are possible to get.

My honest opinion about the Inheritance and Birthright gear atm is that it's absolute garbage and a waste of time for the players to get and the developers to have included.

At the very least the gear should be modable, and to make it even more worth, the modifications built in should be bind to legacy as well.

• 4 months later...

I believe that the inheritance gear isn't for the character you're currently playing after all it's about legacy and inheritance. It's meant for your current character to send by mail to a new character that you've created so that they would have a boost during their beginning levels. The currency that you use to buy the legacy gear can only be obtained during high levels which implies that it is gear not meant for you currently played character to use. It's more of assistance thing rather than "use-it-long-term" thing.

My commando got a inheritance blaster rifle and I sent it to my vanguard that was a fresh and brand new character. I equipped the rifle and it worked out fine on Taris all the way till the end of Nar Shadaa character quest line. :)

The "point" of inheritance/birthright gear is to twink low level alts with gear that is vastly superior to anything other at that level requirement (12ish/32ish I believe). The birthright mainhand weapon is rating 94, usable at lvl 34 I think. And it's essentially best in slot till at least lvl 40-41, assuming you're not dumping credits into the GTN to twink yoursef with purple crafted modifications but use what drops in FPs/world.

I use those things to good effects. Usually by the time i 50 a character i have dropped a full set of inheritance or close to it. Since inheritance is of a quality even higher than artifact you can use it to breeze trough content of a certain level like you were using cheats. Edited by Spoletta

I use those things to good effects. Usually by the time i 50 a character i have dropped a full set of inheritance or close to it. Since inheritance is of a quality even higher than artifact you can use it to breeze trough content of a certain level like you were using cheats.

^This.

It's to burn the content faster: level 32 so Act 2 first planet.

That's about it - now you can get more use out of it by vendoring it before the 2hr run out, thus allowing you to use it for other alts, but it's meant for burning through 1-2 planets faster, nothing more nothing less.

I agree it is worthless, but not because its does not do any thing, but because you would only wear it for a very very short time befor it became weak armor. Some of the gear looks ok, but if it becomes old after just 2 or 3 levels its not worth it. you can level once in less then 30 mins. So you would wear it for about what? 2 hours ? Maybe more. Is it useful for a boost. Sure, but a boost that becomes old in such a short time is not even worth the boost.

I agree with this I have a stack of birthright and inheritance gear tokens and I dont even bother giving them to my other characters because even the effort of mailing them is more than the birthright and inherritance gear is worth.