New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

I can't get over how quickly your equipment gets maxed out. I've never played a game where you can't do anything to improve your abilities or equipment at endgame. I don't understand why people keep playing at endgame when it doesn't accomplish anything. I'm sick of making new characters. They finally made exactly ONE new augment that non PVPers can't even get. Of course people are upset about it.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And remember, there are not just one set of VA's but three: English, French, and German. Do those other MMO's you mention have that limitation on their content, are they required to record their lines three times, with three different voice actors, possibly in three different countries, for each and every release?

Guild wars 2 does have the exact same thing, and has still produced, and released actual playable story content during this crazy time, as well as events and incentives. (This I do know for sure as I play that one, anything else is stuff I am aware of, but don't play myself so couldn't say is fact, so please feel free to let me know if I'm talking rubbish :) ) however, ESO, and FF14 also has multiple voiced languages.

ESO released a new expansion prior to the world being plunged into chaos (and at a steady rate previous to that), and people never seem to complain that FF hasn't bothered updating in an age, or has let them down with content.

I honestly do understand that it has been nigh on impossible to to voice, or even develop new content due to the worldwide pandemic, but that just shows how lazy and lax BW has been/still is at updating the game with actual solid content.

Content that expands the lore, story, or our toon as a character, rather than inflating already stupid trade prices, and forcing their players into content they don't want to do which makes it all the more glaringly obvious they haven't bothered with new content. (story since onslaught, which was a year ago.)

I do agree it is something which I guess is better than nothing, but to me, it more shows off the glaringly obvious lack of anything of true substance rather than covers it up.

You are of course right, it may just be time to take a break and come back in after some new content has been added. I do enjoy the game very much, but not when I'm just constantly repeating the same missions knowing where/when it all ends (for the time being at least). It feels like my toon is virtually waiting around, twiddling their thumbs which just feels stagnant and dull now. I subscribe not only because I enjoy the game, but because I want to support it, but as the world stands every penny counts and I just can't keep justifying the money when it's not adding anything new for me other than the chance to play ranked PvP to spend yet more money. (in game, but still! I love my credits! :D )

Edited by fortheloveofcart

Excellent observation.

Might I suggest that they are not "neglectfully ignorant" .... IMO what we are seeing right now is by design. It is unfortunate. But none-the-less it does seem to be the only real possible conclusion that we can come to.

While it is true that there have been small morsels or tidbits of reliable information as to the overall direction and intent of the scope of the game... IMO ... the REAL thoughts, direction, and specifics remain a total mystery. So much so that I wonder if those points even exist. This would apply to the following:

** Companions (affectively dead .... Barbie dolls to dress)

** New strong holds ( as well as fixing several bugs that exist on those that already exist)

** Addressing bug issues that have been around for months now

** Story advancement ( more than the usual 15 - 20 minute release)

** A genuine, actual expansion pack

** Multiple repeatable areas that are related to the new story lines : Heroics / dailies / PvP zones / Just to mention a FEW options (list is not complete).

It should be noted that this list is not complete. As such it should be noted that an extensive PROPER development of these areas would be of such a prodigious nature that it is highly unlikely to happen.

EDIT: It should be noted that I personally wish this were not true. However, given the evidence of the last few years ( the pandemic not withstanding) I'm seeing less ACTUAL evidence to the contrary.

Oh, I like you!

I totally agree with you. I'd have honestly been happier with MASSIVE bug fix update (for base game as well as expansions, strongholds, ect!)

Ahhh... Companions... I loved that they were one of the truly 'unique' aspects of this MMO. I absolutely adore the base game and your many interactions with them. The fact that they all have different personalities, the fact that your actions impact them for good or ill... I was always so hyped to go back to my ship and chat to everybody after a mission, gave me a real Mass Effect vibe, which I love!

Kotfe sorta brought that back a bit (after shadow of revan dropped the ball on that one...) but with new people.

I used to plan who I'd want with me depending on how my toon would act, now I just pick the one with the highest numbers so they can do their job.

(BW please make our companions great again.)

And yes to everything else! More story, new places, new lore.

Expansion and progression THAT is what keeps players playing, not grinding for new equipment, which unless your massively into tough raids or PvP are just numbers you don't really need, because there isn't anything new been added to use them on.

And Chris Schmidt agrees with you.

Said in the Theorycrafters Discord:

https://i.imgur.com/XtZRR5u.png

And the stated reason for adding them:

https://i.imgur.com/xbWc5e4.png

I will agree with anyone who says that this is the kind of thing that should be said on these forums, that both their motivation and a discussion thereof should occur here and not in a closed forum such as an invite only Discord channel, that the communication from the team as to that motivation is rather lacking, and the void created by the absence of such discussion and elucidation of their motivations propagates discussion such as we have seen in this thread. No argument from me there. But your assertion that they are releasing new gear as content does not gibe with their stated goals.

I just wish they had an official discord and didn’t rely on private ones run by over zealous personalities who get to decide whose welcome and whose not.

If these are being added thanks to some "feedback" given by "more important people" who have made a dev sponsored cabal in discord, I say add that to the laundry list of reasons they're stupid.

And, by the way, a dev sponsored cabal is equally stupid if it actually exists. Add that to the list of reasons BW has to prove it values my continued support before my game time expires.

I just wish they had an official discord and didn’t rely on private ones run by over zealous personalities who get to decide whose welcome and whose not.

Yeah, that is why I almost never say anything in there. I look at the dev posts, I look at the theorycrafted stuff like BIS set bonuses and tactical items, and that is pretty much it. Even if I do say something, I never get involved in the general banter, or outright squabbles, that goes on in there. Funny that there is actually a lot of stuff that goes on that breaks the rules that is overlooked because it is done by people who "contribute in other ways." Which means favoritism.

If these are being added thanks to some "feedback" given by "more important people" who have made a dev sponsored cabal in discord, I say add that to the laundry list of reasons they're stupid.

And, by the way, a dev sponsored cabal is equally stupid if it actually exists. Add that to the list of reasons BW has to prove it values my continued support before my game time expires.

Actually, if you went into the Theorycrafters Discord and looked at the posts regarding these augment, at least from what I have seen (I admit that I do not pay that close attention, though), the general consensus is to ignore them. No one in there asked for them. Well, I should not say "no one," but there certainly was not, and has not been, a number of people in there asking for these to be added. These augments did not come out of some request from the people in the Theorycrafters Discord.

Edited by ceryxp

There's no conspiracy to look for. What's been happening is just obvious - whatever happens in SWTOR is what Keith's guild wants. NiM Gods exsits only because his guild wanted it. Same with these new augments. Same with as-little-as-possible new story and when some story update actually gets released (once a year and takes 2 hours max) it's as boring-and-simpleton-rehash story as one could possibly imagine.

Edited by Pietrastor

There's no conspiracy to look for. What's been happening is just obvious - whatever happens in SWTOR is what Keith's guild wants. NiM Gods exsits only because his guild wanted it. Same with these new augments. Same with as-little-as-possible new story and when some story update actually gets released (once a year and takes 2 hours max) it's as boring-and-simpleton-rehash story as one could possibly imagine.

Right, because that explains why we have been getting so many operations lately.

I mean, I would enjoy a new operation that was easy to pug in story mode and completable within say an hour. The new operations (gods and dxun) do me absolutely no good (and yes, I've done both in sm and hm, never had a mm team and the days where I wanted to are long gone) because I have better things to do with my time than beat my head against pugs that can't figure out to not blow themselves up in the ec minefield or enrage the annihilation Droid in ev sm.

But you see, I can work around those issues most of the time. But I can't work around the stupidity of the average swtor player in say dxun or gods, and gods is additionally incredibly time demanding.

But ultimately, I would rather them do nothing than release new gear that either no one wants, or some feedback group in a better people's discord cabal wants.

Edited by KendraP

But ultimately, I would rather them do nothing than release new gear that either no one wants, or some feedback group in a better people's discord cabal wants.

Like Ceryxp said, I never saw anyone request new augments, and hardly anyone has made posts in support of the new augments on the theorycrafter discord. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

We get as many of them as they can make with skeleton crew. Along with least amount of story EVER. Pandemic or not.

That also means we get as much story content as they can make on a skeleton crew.

Logic, the most cruel of Mistresses, you have struck again.

That also means we get as much story content as they can make on a skeleton crew.

Logic, the most cruel of Mistresses, you have struck again.

Oh Ceryxp, ye who knows what an Oxford comma means.

You should know that AP writing style now discourages the use of mistress b/c there is no male equivalent. It is now archaic and sexist to use that term.

Ergo, it is not just logic, but fate, that is a cruel female companion.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Oh Ceryxp, ye who knows what an Oxford comma means.

You should know that AP writing style now discourages the use of mistress b/c there is no male equivalent. It is now archaic and sexist to use that term.

Ergo, it is not just logic, but fate, that is a cruel female companion.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

LOL, funny you should mention that considering what happened over in this thread where I dared to use a gender neutral pronoun.

And yes, many a row was had between myself, my editors, and my journalism professor in college. They would frequently remind me that AP style does not use the Oxford comma, and I would inform them that AP is wrong. When AP announced they would do away with hyphens it was almost war. Battle lines were drawn and friendships were severed, but fortunately the AP relented, rescinding some of their proposed guidance. Alas, we lovers of the Oxford comma have yet to feel the thrill of vindication for your wayward little comma.

Edit:

I should add, these discussions were all good natured. We would even make a game of coming up with sentences that were ambiguous in the absence of an Oxford comma. For example, "I love cooking, my kids and my dog."

Edited by ceryxp

Isn't "Mister" the male equivalent of Mistress? 🙂

Or is it "sugar daddy"?. 🤔

Or maybe, Simp? 😂

I'm not sure, but is it not master? The example that pops to mind is K-9 (Doctor Who) when talking to a male char, he refers to them as Master, and a female as Mistress. They've also done it with the Master, when they changed gender, she became missy (Mistress)

• 2 months later...
The stupidest idea for a long time to force people playing ranked pvp and mm operations.

The person who made this up should be fired.

agreed

They never keep promise for long. The say You can play what you want and now they force us to play what we hate. i hate pvp why i need play it? Fix it pls

Edited by ray-g-net

there are many ppl out there buying the mats and augments,

but most wanna buy mats, because they could get a second augment.

yesterday the prices were:

oem: 30mill each

rpm: 45mill each

actually an ordered full set of augments costs around 7bill.

because of massively increased wintrading, the rpm costs will

sink soon, too. bioware just don't care about wintrading for mats

and the players don't care about the rating. there are even guilds

organizing wintrading events.

the most buyers i saw, weren't known pvp players or master mode

operation runners. or better, it didn't seemed so. maybe they bought

them with a character in a different guild, with a second account or

whatever. at the end i don't care.

and who am i to judge them. everybody has its own preferences and

even if they are doing it for the shiny color... who cares.

but get rid of the idea, that 1 bill credits is much in swtor.