Assassins untouched in 1.2

bloatality

Grim you really can't read can you. I said that if he's getting number's like that he is using a spec that doesn't contribute to the team as much as say a normal tank spec'd assassin would. He is padding his number's plain and simple trying to imply a class is OP because he run's around padding meter's while ignoring the objective's is the sign of a troll. I tried to reason thing's out with you and come up with a logical reason for why he can do those number's. As for the speed hack's and stuff yes they are used blatantly on my server and packet hackin seems to be pretty big as well so stranger thing's can happen.

The video you posted is rigged to hell anyways. The guy always has expertise buff and adrenal + stim's up in every shot. He can do that damage once every 3-5 minute's not every single time he goes after someone.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the first post and the 3 pictures posted in it? Why would someone use tank gear in pvp, the stats only work against snipers/gunslinger anyway

Again, that comes to the gear being the issue not the class being OP. Bioware made a tank set for assassins that is specifically for PVP, just because the gear is awful itemization wise for pvp if you're going for DAMAGE. A tankasin wearing tank gear can last longer thus providing more protection and support for his team, which is what the purpose of a tank spec in pvp is designed to do.

The fact that people are obsessed with going for highest damage in warzones (like what else would you gear for? :rolleyes:) leads to people using gear that was designed for other specs thus changing the way the class interacts in pvp (i.e. being viewed as overpowered and needing a nerf when the class itself is working as it should.)

You don't hear people in pve complaining that tanksins in tank gear are putting out more dps then their dps in DPS GEAR, when THAT happens, yes tankasins would be overpowered.

Grim you really can't read can you. I said that if he's getting number's like that he is using a spec that doesn't contribute to the team as much as say a normal tank spec'd assassin would. He is padding his number's plain and simple trying to imply a class is OP because he run's around padding meter's while ignoring the objective's is the sign of a troll. I tried to reason thing's out with you and come up with a logical reason for why he can do those number's. As for the speed hack's and stuff yes they are used blatantly on my server and packet hackin seems to be pretty big as well so stranger thing's can happen.

The video you posted is rigged to hell anyways. The guy always has expertise buff and adrenal + stim's up in every shot. He can do that damage once every 3-5 minute's not every single time he goes after someone.

And I'm telling you as someone who plays against him he most certainly does not ignore objectives or not help his team. He's not padding anything. You don't think putting up numbers like that can help his team win?

Are you really going to look at 3-4 screenshots of stats and then jump to the conclusion that he's done nothing to help his team? You're missing the countless other warzones where he sits and defends a turret in Alderaan for his team. You're missing the warzones where he sits in front of a door in Voidstar to prevent a plant by himself as long as possible (which is pretty long considering how resilient the class is). Assassins are also one of the top Ball runners in Huttball (second only to Juggernauts in my opinion) especially as tank spec.

The fact remains that while helping its team, when it's time to throw down some damage the class is top notch at doing it. When it's time to defend a healer and throw down taunts and CC, the class is top notch at doing it. And when it's time to survive and delay the opponent, the class is top notch at doing it.

They just do everything a little too well with one spec.

Edited by Grimspire

How people can justify a player in a tank stance doing 500k to 600k damage in a warzone is beyond me. A tank stance should allow for the player to live longer to support his team with taunt and guard. I do not feel there is another tank class in the game currently that can run tank stance with dps mods and enhancements and duplicate the damage output of an assassin currently.

Stunned to be honest..

1- if you are tank spec'd Sin, and you put on DPS pvp gear and do that. interesting is all I can say.

2- WHat they need to do, is not nerf, but FIX the other 2 trees in a Sin's over all abilities. 1 out of 3 trees works... great. the other 2 are simply a waist of time.

Deception is utterly obvious burst, (and very much able to be countered) by anyone with half a brain.

Madness is no where NEAR what a Sorc can do because a lack of Dot's inherited my the Sorc's base skills vice a sin's melee inheritance.

PVP sure there can be a gripe about a few things, but I am over all displeased that they didnt even try to touch the DPS trees for a Sin, considering they are skipped by just about every raiding group because of a lack of sustained DPS.

They NEED to fix the DPS tree's and then you will see not so many Tank spec'd (but DPS gear wearing) Sin's in WZ's.

Subnote to the Developers:

FIX THE SIN's DPS TREES, problem solved.

Almost forgot..

and for the record.. the people complaining about Agents being nerfed.. seriously? When I stop seeing an Agent knife me three times and kill me (over 600+ expertise) with the Agent wearing similar gear and expertise level.. then I'll take up the cause for you, until then.. naa they needed it.

So with all the classes getting changed in 1.2, how is it that assassins running 27 darkness, 14 madness are doing these kind of numbers http://i.imgur.com/MG0zO.jpg ? I find it hard to believe with the changes being made to the classes, assassins going deep into their tank tree should have that kind of damage output, or maybe I am missing something.

That was a voidstar and the numbers are comparable in huttball

http://i.imgur.com/2uh8J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nj0Q8.jpg

Welcome to my world

http://i.imgur.com/VASX8.jpg

I only have 1 piece of BM gear so far due to no tokens in bags, lets see what happens if I am full BM...

Edited by Ishkur

Stunned to be honest..

1- if you are tank spec'd Sin, and you put on DPS pvp gear and do that. interesting is all I can say.

2- WHat they need to do, is not nerf, but FIX the other 2 trees in a Sin's over all abilities. 1 out of 3 trees works... great. the other 2 are simply a waist of time.

Deception is utterly obvious burst, (and very much able to be countered) by anyone with half a brain.

Madness is no where NEAR what a Sorc can do because a lack of Dot's inherited my the Sorc's base skills vice a sin's melee inheritance.

PVP sure there can be a gripe about a few things, but I am over all displeased that they didnt even try to touch the DPS trees for a Sin, considering they are skipped by just about every raiding group because of a lack of sustained DPS.

They NEED to fix the DPS tree's and then you will see not so many Tank spec'd (but DPS gear wearing) Sin's in WZ's.

Subnote to the Developers:

FIX THE SIN's DPS TREES, problem solved.

This.

Nobody cares what gear he's wearing. In Tank spec and DPS gear the class is still a Tank. It is still very hard to kill. It is in no way as squishy as other dps classes.

Your reasoning behind what makes the class overpowered is beyond ridiculous.

Uh... what? What other reasoning do you have to say that the class IS overpowered? Like I said earlier, show me a picture of a TANK assassin wearing TANK GEAR out dps'ing a DPS in DPS GEAR with both players being of equal skill and knowledge of the game. Until then the class and specs are INHERENTLY fine.

You're telling me that to fix this problem you want to prevent Tank specs from wearing DPS gear?

Sounds freaking great! Hey all you Juggernaut/Assassin/Powertech players out there, I hope you didn't just purchase all your shiny new War Hero gear as DPS gear. Now you'll never be able to respec as a Tank without having to grind up a totally new set.

Yes...that makes total sense.

At what point did I ever say that as my way of fixing or even remotely suggesting that it should be done. I said earlier tanks not being able to use dps gear would prevent this problem, not that it was a good idea or in any way be employed.

As was said earlier, buff the other 2 tree's to make them worthwhile using in pvp or even pve.

show me a picture of a TANK assassin wearing TANK GEAR out dps'ing a DPS in DPS GEAR with both players being of equal skill and knowledge of the game

The issue is a player in a tank stance with DPS gear achieving a higher or on par damage output with non tank stance players in DPS gear.

There should be a sacrifice. Greater survivabilty - less damage. Less survivability - more damage. When it gets to the point when a player can have tank survivabilty and dps output on par with other damage dealers is when something is not right.

Edited by bloatality

The issue is a player in a tank stance with DPS gear achieving a higher or on par damage output with non tank stance players in DPS gear.

This is true if the DPS player is bad. We have DPS that ends up a Voidstar game where Tank/DPS goes up to 400k with around 600k+ damage.

I don't know why people are jealous of 'AE spamming' when the AE move Darkness is a good attack on a single target, and besides the OP says it's 27/0/14 which means there is no Wither involved. Honestly if he used Wither the numbers would look even better, because Wither is more sustained DPS than Death Field.

Darkness is pretty much flat out overpowered in the hands of a good player. The only reason you don't see too many numbers like that is because a lot of people don't know how to play a Darkness spec. 27/0/14 isn't even the strongest DPS spec an Assassin can do.

If a DPS put up that kind of DPS numbers you'd consider them to be pretty powerful, but Darkness can put that kind of numbers plus protection and healing, and still have a ton of utility. The other two specs do not need to be buffed to Darkness level because to be equivalent would mean Deception would have to be like pre nerf Op where anyone who saw you come out of stealth instantly died to match the power of the Darkness spec.

So what, we have a tank doing 600k dam, there some dps who can do 1 million, thats still more then 50% of what this guy did. If you take a pic of a tank spec doing a lot of damage atleast compare it the pic of a dps doing a **** load of dam.

How said assassin is contributing:

Knockbacks - Because they are not OP enough in huttball

Force Pull - Say hello to some fire.

Everyone else - He gets to sit there and kill with little resistance because he is doing full dps in a tank spec

If a player is pulling 600k in a warzone they're usually making things dead. Meaning less for players on the objective to worry about. Yes, 600k was purely because it's an AoE fest warzone. But that's still a lot of damage and pressure to put on healers. And a tank spec should not get that high.

A skilled one can sit there in voidstar and guard a door solo for a good amount of time.

A skilled one can sit at a turret in civil war and solo defend for a good amount of time.

A skilled one will stay near the goal line(other team base) ready to grab a ball thrown at him, sprint to goal, repeat. Any resistance will die or be knocked off.

It is a class/spec that has every utility at their disposal.

-Stun

-AoE Knockback

-Pull

-High surviability

-medium/high(depending on skill) damage

-Stealth

-vanish

-speed boost(best one in the game)

-self healing

-execute(only other classes that get this are pure dps)

-taunts

-guard

-TWO full duration CC's, one stealth, one non stealth(pvp wise)

Problem honestly isn't the damage. The damage comes form the fact the spec/class has so much utility that it makes them OP as hell.

How said assassin is contributing:

Knockbacks - Because they are not OP enough in huttball

Force Pull - Say hello to some fire.

Everyone else - He gets to sit there and kill with little resistance because he is doing full dps in a tank spec

If a player is pulling 600k in a warzone they're usually making things dead. Meaning less for players on the objective to worry about. Yes, 600k was purely because it's an AoE fest warzone. But that's still a lot of damage and pressure to put on healers. And a tank spec should not get that high.

A skilled one can sit there in voidstar and guard a door solo for a good amount of time.

A skilled one can sit at a turret in civil war and solo defend for a good amount of time.

A skilled one will stay near the goal line(other team base) ready to grab a ball thrown at him, sprint to goal, repeat. Any resistance will die or be knocked off.

It is a class/spec that has every utility at their disposal.

-Stun

-AoE Knockback

-Pull

-High surviability

-medium/high(depending on skill) damage

-Stealth

-vanish

-speed boost(best one in the game)

-self healing

-execute(only other classes that get this are pure dps)

-taunts

-guard

-TWO full duration CC's, one stealth, one non stealth(pvp wise)

Problem honestly isn't the damage. The damage comes form the fact the spec/class has so much utility that it makes them OP as hell.

In the right hand they are quite nasty. Makes fighting them interesting.

Darkness DPS is still almost all single targeted. Even Wither is used to take one guy down since it builds a stack of HD. It's very hard to pad your DPS even if you wanted to as Darkness because you'd accidentally end up killing whoever you're trying to pad your DPS on unless they're a tank.

Of course that damage is less than someone who is really padding DPS with real AEs (not stuff on 15s CD) and dots but that's pretty much limited to Snipers and Sorcerers, and it's easy to recognize.

Try watching a darkness assassin kill a ball carrier that has 2 healer's with him, It's not going to happen

Being unable to kill a tank with 2 healers solo is the definition of balanced, well at least as far as assassins go.

Being unable to kill a tank with 2 healers solo is the definition of balanced, well at least as far as assassins go.

Do people realize that if a DPS can always defeat a healer, or kill someone who is actively being healed, then there is never a reason to bring a healer at all?

DPS should lose to a healer and certainly someone being healed by a healer at least some of the time, otherwise you might as well replace every healer with another DPS.

So with all the classes getting changed in 1.2, how is it that assassins running 27 darkness, 14 madness are doing these kind of numbers http://i.imgur.com/MG0zO.jpg ? I find it hard to believe with the changes being made to the classes, assassins going deep into their tank tree should have that kind of damage output, or maybe I am missing something.

That was a voidstar and the numbers are comparable in huttball

http://i.imgur.com/2uh8J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nj0Q8.jpg

Spammin AOE attacks has this nasty habit of inflating damage numbers. Nothing special here, any class that spams AOEs can do this.