Hardmode - The False Emperor: HK-47

Hey guys.

We had quite a bit of trouble with this guy tonight. Here's how the stealth phase went:

HK-47 pops out of stealth, does his stun/stabs on a player (roughly about 16k damage), player survives. HK-47 goes back into stealth, player is still stunned, while HK-47 is still in stealth he kills the stunned player.

He did this about 90% of the time, there were a few times where he didn't do this and we had no deaths during the stealth phase.

What I'd like to know is if this is a bug, or if it's a mechanic of the fight I don't know about. Has this happened to anyone else? Any further insight is appreciated, thanks.

Hey guys.

We had quite a bit of trouble with this guy tonight. Here's how the stealth phase went:

HK-47 pops out of stealth, does his stun/stabs on a player (roughly about 16k damage), player survives. HK-47 goes back into stealth, player is still stunned, while HK-47 is still in stealth he kills the stunned player.

He did this about 90% of the time, there were a few times where he didn't do this and we had no deaths during the stealth phase.

What I'd like to know is if this is a bug, or if it's a mechanic of the fight I don't know about. Has this happened to anyone else? Any further insight is appreciated, thanks.

This is a mechanic. AoE damage during his stun will knock him out of stun, preventing him from doing his assassinate.

This is a mechanic. AoE damage during his stun will knock him out of stun, preventing him from doing his assassinate.

Thanks Hwasung, will definitely try it out next time we go at him.

HK-47 also seem to have a nasty dot called poison grenade that will kill party members in 2 ticks unless it is cleansed or it appeared so in our case.

He will go invisible and then pop next to a party member, stun that person and then throw the dot on him. We had a person call out whoever HK-47 is doing it to in voice comms and then quickly cleanse it. I was able to cleanse it about 1/3 of the time (got lucky I guess) but timin is crucial it seems.

Edited by Iwipe