Amplifiers exist to cost me credits

RameiArashi

I hate PVP.

I suck at Starfighter.

Haven't been a guild doing OPs in over a year.

I have maximum legacy.

Flashpoints give tanking gear to dps so why would I want flash point bonuses?

At level 75 I don't need bonus to experience.

I don't need force bonuses on agent, bountyhunter, or trooper or smuggler

I don't need tech bonuses on sith or jedi

And its always the wrong crafting and gathering skills.

Edited by RameiArashi

Exactly and precisely correct. They were added to be a cash sink, to siphon money out of the game. I check the amps before disassembling any 306 armors, hilts, barrels, or mods, to see if they are useful. But I will not **** away my hard-earned creds playing the RNG ripoff game.

Amplifiers are there to give you something else to play around with, now that you've done everything else. There are two main ways to reduce their cost:

1. Ignore them, they don't do that much anyway.

2. Only recalibrate the amps built into your base armour. For the amps on your armorings, mods, hilts, etc, keep an eye out for useful ones on bits of gear you get as drops and replace any useless ones you now have.

But I will not **** away my hard-earned creds playing the RNG ripoff game.

Lol. Hard-earned. :D

Are you saving your credits for retirement?

Edited by JediQuaker

So... if you are only doing solo content, why do you care? It's not like you need them.

Not that i don't wish it was less rng. Bit it just sounds odd that a player like you finds them a problem.

Also, it is legacy wide you know? Might not be useful for one of your characters but it might be for others.

Edited by Nemmar

Amplifiers are there to give you something else to play around with, now that you've done everything else. There are two main ways to reduce their cost:

1. Ignore them, they don't do that much anyway.

2. Only recalibrate the amps built into your base armour. For the amps on your armorings, mods, hilts, etc, keep an eye out for useful ones on bits of gear you get as drops and replace any useless ones you now have.

Lol. Hard-earned. :D

Made me smile JQ... TYVM. I needed it after the last couple days !

Spend a few days and get your main and alts into 306 gear, get your bonus sets as quickly as possible and then just start blowing your tech frags at the RNG vendor buying armorings and mods. No credits necessary for rerolling. RNG is RNG no matter where it happens. Might as well not waste credits for it.

Dude. You can't be spending all your credits on stuff like gear and amps when there's always the chance a new bikini costume set will be released on the CM.

I asked my Space Barbie and she agrees with you, but she assures me that I could spend real money on CC if I really needed to buy a new outfit. 😀

Edited by JediQuaker

Like when you need to recalibrate your amplifiers for example? 😉

If you look to the beginning of this back & forth, I specifically said I don't do that.

More like when an awesome new SH drops in the game, but it costs a pile o' loot to open it all up.

Spend a few days and get your main and alts into 306 gear, get your bonus sets as quickly as possible and then just start blowing your tech frags at the RNG vendor buying armorings and mods. No credits necessary for rerolling. RNG is RNG no matter where it happens. Might as well not waste credits for it.

Now this is a very good idea!

Well so far not got any gear past 282, so not really felt the need to change any amplifiers. However gear drops are frequent so just wait until gear with amps you want drop. Then just change your high end gear amps when you have 306 gear. Or set gear if you use it and just update mods. I can imagine it would get costly if you are updating amps regularly. Then again as some have said that's probably the point, as in credit sink

Ideally they should eliminate some useless amplifiers or at least guarantee that if you roll let's say a 20% armor penetration and select it, that you can not get a lower roll on that stat for the next roll. But yeah don't roll amplifiers unless it is a 306 BIS armoring or Amplified Champion piece. I discard armorings at 27K rolls and just use a new one. As a result my legacy cargo hold is full of stuff though and I could use another bay.

In fact, do not worry about gear at all until you hit 306: just equip the highest iLevel rated gear the game throws at you regardless of stats (with or without mods), even if the stats are lower than what you have equipped or you will not get better gear.

Got a gold 258 piece and a bad 270 thing with stats lower than your 258? equip the 270 and keep going...same thing with a modifiable blue 276 and a green 280 with lower stats: equip the green. Run flashpoints to quickly get to 306. When you get to 306 you can then bother with stats and balance your gear. If you get a toon in 306, keep the default gear and send it to an alt to earn 306 gear on that toon as well: you can then select the type of gear you want to get: dps, tank or heals.

Gear drops are strictly based on your gear level and not stats.

However gear drops are frequent so just wait until gear with amps you want drop.
Don't wait and don't roll unless it is a 306 BIS armoring: just keep equipping the highest Level gear that drops. Edited by Eriamea

My merc is sitting at max armor penetration after about 10-15mil in credit re rolls. My marauder is almost maxed armor pen, my pyrotech almost max tech wiz, my ruffian almost max periodic intensity, etc...

Credits fall like snow in Siberia in this game. Are you people serious????

just do your KP farm on a couple toons a week to get that guild conquest bonus (grrr i know KP runs are so cheating grrrr) and you'll have plenty of credits to spend on amps.

Assuming you all don't buy something stupid like ANOTHER OUTFIT

Edited by Volcinar

• 3 months later...
Without spending a single credit on rerolling or even going anywhere near KP/EV farm, I've got a total of about 10 sets with gold amps for dps / heal / tank specs. I really don't understand why people still believe this amplifier thing is a money grab. Just watch out for drops what to keep / what to frag, and turn excess TF into mods/armors etc which again need to be watched for what to keep / what to frag.

Without spending a single credit on rerolling or even going anywhere near KP/EV farm, I've got a total of about 10 sets with gold amps for dps / heal / tank specs. I really don't understand why people still believe this amplifier thing is a money grab. Just watch out for drops what to keep / what to frag, and turn excess TF into mods/armors etc which again need to be watched for what to keep / what to frag.

Because if you do PvP, and NiM stuff, amps can make a difference. The only time I reroll an amp is to get my couple of extra cq points, and then I pick the ones, I'm not using, in the hope that I get something that might help.

So why ***** about it or care? You state you don't do anything that needs them. Other people do. It's like saying, "I don't PvP. As a result, they should take PvP out of the game."

Heaven forbid you ignore systems that don't apply to you.

But, who would offer better 401k, and health benefits? Is vision and dental included, or is that an extra cost? What about dependants? Are alts considered dependents with individual benefits, or are they under a shared expense cap?

we need more details...

I hate PVP.

I suck at Starfighter.

Haven't been a guild doing OPs in over a year.

I have maximum legacy.

Flashpoints give tanking gear to dps so why would I want flash point bonuses?

At level 75 I don't need bonus to experience.

I don't need force bonuses on agent, bountyhunter, or trooper or smuggler

I don't need tech bonuses on sith or jedi

And its always the wrong crafting and gathering skills.

You suck at most aspects of this game , which means that you don't need amplifiers ... But I know you just felt like opening another " let me WHINE about something" thread. It's trendy with this community...

Some people cannot figure it how get rid of the new social UI window from the middle of their screen, so expecting them to know how to roll amps correctly is just unrealistic.

If a duck cannot swim and drowns into the lake , it's not lake's fault, is it ?

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I would honestly prefer paying like 5-10mil to get the amplifier stat i want, instead of 100s of millions and NOT get what i want, its too random.

Also, i would like the option of choosing what i want, like if i am a force user, why the hell would tech type stats come up at all??

I should be able to say 'nope, i don't want that to show up or this, but i want this to more likely show up.....but pay more each time.

I would gladly pay 1,000,000 credits to get more armor penetration or something instead of a load of crap stats my class doesn't even use.....this is clearly just a waste of time to waste credits on, i wish they would work more on story content instead of this garbage.