Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

• 3 weeks later...
If she is resurrected, I don't care how just as long as you can romance her! Psycho chick is smoking hot!!!

Heh, well, I think it will be much easier for developers to return her in-game (CM or via the terminal, for example), and then you will be able to play out any situation with her.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

• 1 month later...
No reason to not make her an available companion.

Keep it simple by email holocron.

you'd be getting a lifeless body, with no personality, no story. Basically just like the CM comps. She's have one or two combat lines, maybe something when you click on her. But it wouldn't be any good. unfortunately as they killed her off, there is no real meaningful way to bring her back.

you'd be getting a lifeless body, with no personality, no story. Basically just like the CM comps. She's have one or two combat lines, maybe something when you click on her. But it wouldn't be any good. unfortunately as they killed her off, there is no real meaningful way to bring her back.

They could always do one of those "Oh I'm not really dead" lines they gave to Darth Savik or just have her shrug off the wound entirely like they did with Arcann, Theron and the player with whatever reason.

The holocron by mail is one of ways, to getting the bonus companions for endgame, and by the way, Vaylin was a personality and she had a story, which makes her "live". Otherwise, there would be no sense in the characters, who were was added to the terminal, on Odessen.

So don't be dramatic and don't need to generalize, because those, who really need to recruit her, even as a bonus companion, will definitely not worry about it.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils

The holocron by mail is one of ways, to getting the bonus companions for endgame, and by the way, Vaylin was a personality and history, which makes her "live". Otherwise, there would be no sense in the characters, who were was added to the terminal, on Odessen.

So don't be dramatic, because those, who really need her, even as a bonus companion, will definitely not worry about it.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

the point, which seems to have gone over your head is that you won't get vaylin, you'll get a generic body that looks like her. It's not dramatic, it just simply is, the whole topic is about the love of her, but what you get from a mail in reward is just a carbon copy, someone who just fits a slot, with no story, no future, etc. If that's all you want, then ask for her to be summoned from the terminal, no need for the mail in. Even nico and shae only have a couple of lines, but at least they pop up a little in some cut scenes . Need & love are two different things, people that love her, will want a fleshed out variant, that has substance. Unfortunately, with her being dead, that probably won't happen /shrug

They could always do one of those "Oh I'm not really dead" lines they gave to Darth Savik or just have her shrug off the wound entirely like they did with Arcann, Theron and the player with whatever reason.

I wouldn't put anything past her, change the cut scene so she flies off the edge, and suddenly pops up (at a later date) reformed , or robotic ;)

the point, which seems to have gone over your head is that you won't get vaylin, you'll get a generic body that looks like her. It's not dramatic, it just simply is, the whole topic is about the love of her, but what you get from a mail in reward is just a carbon copy, someone who just fits a slot, with no story, no future, etc. If that's all you want, then ask for her to be summoned from the terminal, no need for the mail in. Even nico and shae only have a couple of lines, but at least they pop up a little in some cut scenes . Need & love are two different things, people that love her, will want a fleshed out variant, that has substance. Unfortunately, with her being dead, that probably won't happen /shrug

If the only option to return her is a "bonus companion", then we can just play out our own story or fan fiction ( I don't know how its called correctly), in which Vaylin could survive in a certain way.:rak_05::rak_05::rak_05:

As for lifelessness - I don't think that absolutely every character will pop up in cut scenes, even those who just gone, not died, so we can just imagine that she dropped out of the plot for one reason or another, just like some characters, for example - HK55, Koth, Ashara, Jaessa (with a certain choice).:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

And as for concretization - devs have not given absolutely no concrete things about it for almost 4 years, except for a vague mention of a flashback or a spirit, so for starters, a bonus companion could be at least some small compensation, at least for some people it will definitely help. I've seen a lot of messages on various forums about this, so I know what I'm talking about.:rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils

If the only option to return her is a "bonus companion", then we can just play out our own story or fan fiction ( I don't know how its called correctly), in which Vaylin could survive in a certain way.:rak_05::rak_05::rak_05:

#VaylinBonusComp

I've seen it called 'head cannon' here :) Which is probably what you'll have to do.

And as for concretization - devs have not given absolutely no concrete things about it for almost 4 years, except for a vague mention of a flashback or a spirit, so for starters, a bonus companion could be at least some small compensation, at least for some people it will definitely help. I've seen a lot of messages on various forums about this, so I know what I'm talking about.:rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

#VaylinBonusComp

Haven't really followed the devs on this, but as we've seen before, the dead don't always stay dead, even after we see the body....lol.

If they definitely say she is dead, never to be brought back in a story or content, then yes, a recall from the terminal would be the next best thing, but personally, I'd prefer to hold out for a story content, or something similar that brings her back, possibly in to the fold.

I thought Vaylin has one of the better voices from Kotfe/et.

Do you think Vaylin would sleep with vibroblades too? :D

ahem...it depends on whether you mean would she sleep with a vibroblade under her pillow, or just 'sleep' with a vibroblade' ;)

Even good girls can uses vibroblades ;)

ahem...it depends on whether you mean would she sleep with a vibroblade under her pillow, or just 'sleep' with a vibroblade' ;)

Even good girls can uses vibroblades ;)

I was making a reference to a line in Kotor 2 about Sion and vibroblades.

I could totally see Vaylin sleeping with a large quantity of weapons around her in case of a sneak attack. :D

With the way this game is going lately, I might be taking a break anyway, and I've sure I have both Kotor's in my collection somewhere, would be nice to play the first one again too.

There's mods out there for both games that let you play as Kira, Jaesa, Vaylin and Satele so if you like try the game with one of those mods. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I remember what devs said about her, on that stream, in 2018 -

They could do something like a cameo or flashback with Vaylin, in future updates, and then just put her on the terminal as a bonus companion so everyone can recruit her and make their own "headcanon". Or, for example, they could make her as a reward for completing KOTET on the "master" difficult. :rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils