Dark vs. Light Event?

GreyArchivist

I remember a TON of people complaining about the event.

"I have to do all this old content again just to get X rewards?"

Companions

DVL XP armor

Free CM packs

Taking 8 brand new toons all the way through to completion of their vanilla story....

I did it because I wanted at least the first 3 pieces of the armor.

I think there are more people in this thread who say they liked it than ever was on the forum when it was actually in progress.

What I didn't like was rerunning the flashpoints over after I already had done those a few million times and had the achievements for them. I wouldn't mind a dark/light event where they take into consideration those that have done those and come up with something a bit different (and please no pvp)

Resetting them back to one and doing away with their gear? Nope. All mine at 75 and have fairly good gear (though it can be improved). Don't mind resetting them but losing the gear.......No way.

Just a suggestion :D I'm sure there are other methods for accomplishing it. You wouldn't necessarily have to lose the gear. The character could always return to their pre-event state once the event was completed. I'm just spitballin' here.

Fate has punished me in this circumstance.

I took a long break off game after 5.0 iirc, and then I think that's when LvD event happened. I missed it. lol. So, of course the one event I missed won't be on eternal repeat like awful events like Rak Ghoulz, Bounty Boards, etc.

I think they accidentally deleted the DvL event files, I mean they ALWAYS repeat content! Why would they decide to suddenly not repeat one event, when EVERY other one gets repeated over time?

There are two other events (that I can recall) that have not repeated: the original rakghoul event (which is different than the current recurring one) and the Grand Acquisition Race.