Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi romance...well poop

HaoZhao
04.11.2013 , 12:19 PM | #21
At worst, a Jedi romance is "dark side." At best, its "grey." The thing about going grey as a character of the light is that it would require moving toward the dark. If you're far down the path of light, then dark side points are dragging you back toward the middle, into that grey zone.

Speaking of which, we're still waiting on BioWare to make grey Jedis an actual thing in the game.

CloudCastle
04.11.2013 , 03:05 PM | #22
I don't quite understand this either. My consular romanced Iresso with no dark side implications, yet romancing Doc with my knight brought up DS points just about every interaction! What's the deal? Is Doc that much of a rake or something? Seriously, how is getting involved with Doc different from Iresso? You can start sleeping with Doc pretty early on...is that the issue? The implications of that feel very punitive and controlling towards female knights. The code says nothing about getting physical with someone, only "getting attached." Doc is all about not getting attached! As far as my knight was concerned, she was doing nothing wrong by having regular dalliances with him as long as the relationship stayed physical only. She only started to express some concern when they stated getting, well, "attached." But my consular could express left and right how much Iresso meant to her during various interactions with him without any negative implications.

I wonder sometimes if the stories had different writers who weren't communicating with each other about following consistent rules.

FuryoftheStars
04.11.2013 , 03:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I wonder sometimes if the stories had different writers who weren't communicating with each other about following consistent rules.
Actually, they did have different writers. I just don't know if the assigning of LS/DS was up to them or not.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

ganondorq
04.12.2013 , 02:01 AM | #24
now, i'm not sure if my character was just making excuses or what. but during my flirting with lieutenant iresso, she said that romance is tolerated if it's a high ranking jedi. i don't think there's really any jedi stronger than the consular and knight, so you're not breaking any jedi rules imo. also, having sexy times with iresso has gotten me 0 dark side points.