Why is the JC story bashed? (Unhidden Spoilers)

Master-Nala

Well the crucial part is that I am an "Empire guy" so playing the republic classes isn't my cup of tea. Nevertheless I finished all 4 republic storylines and I found JC the most boring. Not to mention I guessed who the first son is way before I came to the revelation. So when the plot twist happened I was like "how predictable...". Edited by Path-x

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may get long winded. I apologize in advance. :p

JC was my first class to 50, and in the time since, I've gotten a SW and IA to 50. I duoed the JC with a JK all the way up, so I have seen the vast majority of that story as well, barring a few CS that don't play (holocalls, etc). I can safely say of those four, the JC was easily the weakest story for me. There are several, several reasons, and I tend to ramble all day when this is brought up. I'll try to keep it concise.

Act 1: I actually enjoyed the premise of this act moreso than the following two. What completely gutted it, however, was the fact that choosing to shield each master had zero consequence whatsoever. Your companions and others keep impressing on you how this is risky and you could easily kill yourself but absolutely nothing happens. As mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, if they'd even done a temporary thing like Voss, that would have been something, but they didn't. I never had any kind of weakness or consequence as a result of my choice to save these masters, ostensibly with my own life force. This is supposed to be a unique, rare power, and yet the consequences weren't just glossed over, they were largely ignored other than lip service. Except for Voss. I appreciated that, but then again Voss is good on every character I've had at that point so far. There should have been some kind of consequence, and that alone might have solidified Act 1, at the very least, as a good plot.

Er, Persona 3 spoiler ahead, doubt anyone cares but:

At least at the end of Persona 3, when the protagonist used Great Seal and it said 999 HP, it meant just that. He/she ended up 'dying' over a period of several months and is stuck for all time (at least for now) as a spirit in a funky...statuethingy holding back something that would bring on the end of the world. If the protagonist had lived through that, that entire game would've felt like the biggest cop out ever. The cop out bit, is pretty much how I felt about the shielding in Act 1 having no real consequence for a LS player.

The Rift Alliance: I didn't care about them at all. I'm completely serious. The only people I really cared about was Nadia and her father, and the outcome of that little arc was moving somewhat. The rest of them, I can't even remember their names, or what they wanted. The only impression I can remember lingering to now was that for the most part they were typically whiny political types and I wanted to airlock them. (Thank you, President Roslyn for making airlock a verb. <3)

The Emperor's Children: This was another plot thread that had potential, but fell flat for me somehow. The twist I kind of saw coming, unfortunately, which probably deflated it a bit for me. But aside from that, each of them, I suppose I was meant to feel some kind of pity for, or something, but mostly I just didn't. Again. I can't really offer a solid logic behind why for this particular instance, so I can understand if you dismiss this particular reason as trifling.

Duoing with a JK all the way to 50 certainly didn't help me, as I found what was going on in his story infinitely more riveting than my own, which only served to magnify my boredom, I believe. Personally, in a story, I like to have my characters go through some really rough patches, often with bad things happening to them. If there are never any real dire consequences in a story (or ones only mentioned and never seen) it tends to come out feeling flat overall to me. I suppose I like the 'trial by fire' thing.

JK/IA spoilers:

This is why IA's entire Act 2 is one of my favorite bits of video game storytelling ever. Being trapped within your own mind, unable to ask for help even if you wanted it, at mercy of the whims of those with your codeword? Very nice. Especially the intentionally ambiguous nature of Watcher X during that Act. Was he some fractured aspect of your own mind/personality? Was he a rudimentary AI in the chip in your spine for just such an eventuality that shut down upon the 'threat' being resolved? The JK's stay as a thrall of the Emperor was very nice, as well.

Last, the romances. To be frank I'm not that into the LIs for nearly any of the female classes, but the JC has probably some of the least interesting. Tharan is the type of 'charmer' that is actually more irritating than not to me, and that doesn't go anywhere, regardless. Iresso really didn't intrigue me much, either. Zenith would have made an actual interesting romance, but was sadly unavailable.

Long story short: Had Act 1 had the consequences they kept harping on, I would probably rank the overall JC story somewhat better than I currently do. As is, it's definitely at the bottom of the list of the ones I've finished/seen finished so far.

Edited by Rhynien

I think this encapsulates what I find maddening about this critique of the JC story. In absolutely no case is the decision solely about whether to kill or shield the master.

I didn't say that individual planets didn't have their little subplots and complications. Every class story experiences this. These subplots are baseline, and for each class they serve an overarching plot. The overarching plot is what I'm criticizing - for the JC it is incredibly repetitive. I compared it to the BH's story because that story also has a repetitive overarching story. This kind of story is naturally boring, and I think BH Act I is one of the weaker stories because of it, but it is still better written and more interesting than JC Act I.

Sure, the subplots can be fun, and you're right there are some interesting decisions in there, but a good subplot can only go so far when the main story is tiresome. For most classes I've played I've found the overall class story much more interesting that whatever side adventures I have on planets. The fact that these subplots are the HIGHLIGHT of JC Act I is a problem. Not saying they don't have their merits, but they don't somehow fix the poor execution of Act I's main plot.

I do however, I still LIKE Act I. But I'm not gonna pretend it's well-written. I like lots of crappy things.

I just finished the JC story after having completed the other 7 stories. I don't get why it's bashed more than the others. Act1 was ok, Act2-3 were pretty good. The companions are interesting and playing as a dark side consular does work contrary to has been said in the past.

In order of preference: warrior, agent, inquisitor, knight, smuggler, consular, trooper, bh

Edited by Projawa

I loved the JC. And come on, if saving the infected had actually made the character weaker in mechanics people would have had endless fits. :rolleyes: It's gameplay and story segragation. Live with it.

I thought learning more about the Force and having the totally unique role in the Order was awesome. And I didn't think being a Shadow worked against the story at all. I saw myself as the mysterious Jedi hero who appears from nowhere, saves the day and is gone again.

As to the information in your spoiler:

Parkanas isn't even mentioned and as far as we know the progenitor of the plague has been dead for centuries. Sure in hindsight it seems reasonable that a sith spectre was inhabiting another person, but we don't know who that is, nor in any sense why. The real mystery is why these masters and this time. And that's mostly because they left the weakest of their number behind.

I just double checked the dialogue for Coruscant. Yuon talks about Parkanas when she is under the influences of the plague. In fact one of your dialogue options when interacting with the guy looking after her is to ask who Parakanas is. And that guy has no freaking clue. So yeah, the moment she mentioned Parkanas, I knew that was the big bad for the chapter even though I had no freaking clue who that was(although I should have been able to ask Yuon who it was). By the time Nar Shaddaa was over, I knew pretty much everything of import of his backstory. The fact that the game continued to treat it as a mystery of any kind was just insulting.

I don't find that to be a particularly compelling critique either. All the masters have done terrible things. Half of them ask you to kill them. Yoda wanted Obi-Wan to kill Anakin, and when he wimped out, he wanted Luke to do it. It's not necessarily problematic to kill the masters. It's just not the best outcome.

This wasn't a problem that I personally encountered, but I will continue the discussion. The only reason your character is sent into these situations was because he has the shielding technique and therefore can solve the situation without killing them. A DS JC then proceeds to kill off 5 masters, one jedi, and some large number of other jedi off screen.....and then gets rewarded with one of the most prestigious titles in the Jedi Order. A DS JC kills off more Jedi than the SI and yet he gets rewarded for doing a good job. There is a just a disconnect there that can be kind of hard to deal with. A DS JK at least is denied being made a Master in the storyline if he is DS(even if they get the title anyways).

I didn't say that individual planets didn't have their little subplots and complications. Every class story experiences this. These subplots are baseline, and for each class they serve an overarching plot. The overarching plot is what I'm criticizing - for the JC it is incredibly repetitive. I compared it to the BH's story because that story also has a repetitive overarching story. This kind of story is naturally boring, and I think BH Act I is one of the weaker stories because of it, but it is still better written and more interesting than JC Act I.

Like I said in the OP, though, every single Act I has the same story structure. Let's take the most commonly cited favorite the IA. The IA faces the exact same issue and choice on every planet. Break up the terrorist cell. That's it. If the JC story can be boiled down to "save the master or heal them", then the IA story is "break up terrorist cell". The JK is "recover/destroy superweapon", the BH is "get bounty", the Trooper is "catch/kill traitor", etc.

This is what blows my mind. If you judge the JC story by its skeleton, why not the others?

Its not so much that anything is wrong with it, in a vacuum it is a good story and would make a fine stand alone RPG imo.

The problem is compared to the other stories (well, compared to five of them anyways, the SI and BH are on the same level as the JC) it falls flat. It is the 7th best story, only beating out the SI story.

The top three, IA, JK, and SW are far and away superior to the rest. And then the middle two, Smuggler and Trooper are quite a bit better than the bottom three.

Its not so much that anything is wrong with it, in a vacuum it is a good story and would make a fine stand alone RPG imo.

The problem is compared to the other stories (well, compared to five of them anyways, the SI and BH are on the same level as the JC) it falls flat. It is the 7th best story, only beating out the SI story.

The top three, IA, JK, and SW are far and away superior to the rest. And then the middle two, Smuggler and Trooper are quite a bit better than the bottom three.

I agree the Sith Warrior story and the JK story are pretty epic. Your character's motivations are clear and sensible.

The IA story is mind-boggling to me. It's one of the worst spy stories I've ever experienced. The IA, more than most Imperial citizens knows that the Sith Empire is unworthy of saving and yet, over and over again you work in their interests. I'm almost done and it does appear that you get an out in the end, but my Chiss IA would have got out of dodge after Act I and tried hard to get the Chiss Ascendency to join the Republic. I look at the IA story and compare it to movies like Skyfall. There although Bond is sorta 'betrayed', you can understand why he is OK with it and why he comes back. You can also understand why the villain in that movie is both wrong, but sympathetic.

When I got to Act III with the IA and finished Belsavis, I nearly stopped right there, but the desire to complete my legacy powers drives me on. It blows my mind that people really like:

The Space Illuminati i.e. the Star Cabal

But the Children of the Emperor storyline is somehow unworthy. I don't know, I guess I'm looking at this from a literary sense. I'm starting to think, it's not the story that bother people, it's the role. The story holds up as a narrative better than most of the others. But I think people just didn't like what the JC was expected to do. Nevermind that it fits the lore and class to a tee. But to say that the JC story is poorly written and the IA is well-written just makes me go: ----> :jawa_confused:

Edited by Master-Nala

Having completed all 8 stories, my personal opinion is that the storyline is alright, but I found it to be the second to last story in terms of how interesting it was. Mind you, I consider it leaps and bounds better than the last place storyline, which I consider to be horribly done(as anyone who has seen one of my SI rants can tell you).

As for why I rank it so low? I really can't give any kind of concrete reason for it. I just found it less interesting than the 6 stories that I rank above it. I guess I would say that I consider it competently done, but the other 6 are well done to amazing. To some extent, it just didn't draw me in. For example:

The whole mystery of Act 1 was silly. Based off of what information the player is given, I think I was able to figure out the one responsible for everything during Coruscant(which is before Act 1 even properly begins). Meanwhile the Jedi Council is unable to figure out the obvious answer after several planets of reports that I have given? I know the guy was believed to be dead, but still. It really took me out of the storyline.

Then there is the Nadia romance....which is all kinds of hilarious for all the wrong reasons. As for the Rift Alliance, I found myself completely uninterested in them except for the guy from Balmorra(who leaves your ship way too early) and the two you recruit in Act 3. The others were just freaking annoying. Well maybe not Senator Grell, but I didn't care for him either.

I guess the bottom line for why it ranks so low is that I just didn't care about a lot of what was going on for one reason or another.

However I was playing a LS JC. I have heard that the storyline feels considerably worse if you play a DS JC. My understanding is that the game doesn't really react when the JC makes DS. You geefully kill off multiple masters of the Jedi order? Oh well, they weren't important anyways. So that disconnect may be part of why some people dislike the story so much.

Took long enough, but someone finally used a Spoiler alert, that should have been in the Subject and pretty much all of the posts in here should have has Spoiler tags.

Truthfully, a DS JC perplexes me. You go the whole time trying to find a cure for them, cure them, THEN kill them? If you were going to go that route, why not just kill them, instead of sarificing part of yourself?

DS JK I can understand as it's storyline has seemed to beable to put you there. DS doesn't mean you have to be Pro-Empire.

Took long enough, but someone finally used a Spoiler alert, that should have been in the Subject and pretty much all of the posts in here should have has Spoiler tags.

The title of the thread has (Unhidden Spoilers) in it. Why would people use spoiler tags, when the thread itself says "hey, not using them"

Like I said in the OP, though, every single Act I has the same story structure. Let's take the most commonly cited favorite the IA. The IA faces the exact same issue and choice on every planet. Break up the terrorist cell. That's it. If the JC story can be boiled down to "save the master or heal them", then the IA story is "break up terrorist cell". The JK is "recover/destroy superweapon", the BH is "get bounty", the Trooper is "catch/kill traitor", etc.

This is what blows my mind. If you judge the JC story by its skeleton, why not the others?

Some people have complained about the "skeletons" of other class stories. I can't recall seeing it in any recent thread, but I know around release there were at least a few threads complaining about the JK storyline because it was just "destroy superweapon" planet after planet. I know I've seen people complain about the BH storyline being repetitive.

As for why some people complain solely about one class story being repetitive but not another, I imagine it is how well the sub plots of the planet suck them in making them forget the over reaching plot. Maybe the JC complaints really stem from people not finding the B plots interesting enough to make them forget the repetition in the A plot. *shrug*

As a side note, I feel it is necessary to point out that the SW actually managed to avoid the repetition present in the other storylines somewhat by making the two sets of two planets have different objectives.

When I got to Act III with the IA and finished Belsavis, I nearly stopped right there, but the desire to complete my legacy powers drives me on. It blows my mind that people really like:

The Space Illuminati i.e. the Star Cabal

But the Children of the Emperor storyline is somehow unworthy. I don't know, I guess I'm looking at this from a literary sense. I'm starting to think, it's not the story that bother people, it's the role. The story holds up as a narrative better than most of the others. But I think people just didn't like what the JC was expected to do. Nevermind that it fits the lore and class to a tee. But to say that the JC story is poorly written and the IA is well-written just makes me go: ----> :jawa_confused:

Hey now.

The space illuminati are cool. :p Why? I dunno, but they are. Not that the Children of the Emperor are a bad idea, but come Illuminati....IN SPACE!

While the role is probably part of the reason that the class is disliked, I don't think that covers everything. While I think the over reaching storyline was fine for the most part, I think that its execution was lacking. It wasn't as good at drawing me in and making me care about the events and characters as any other class story(except for the SI which is the most poorly executed of the class stories). The IA storyline by contrast made me really care about what happened to my agent. I cared about what was happening to him during Chapter 2. I found the conspiracy in Chapter 3 to be interesting.

P.S. I think you might have missed my previous post which is at the top of the current page(at least with my forum settings).

The IA story is mind-boggling to me. It's one of the worst spy stories I've ever experienced. The IA, more than most Imperial citizens knows that the Sith Empire is unworthy of saving and yet, over and over again you work in their interests. I'm almost done and it does appear that you get an out in the end, but my Chiss IA would have got out of dodge after Act I and tried hard to get the Chiss Ascendency to join the Republic. I look at the IA story and compare it to movies like Skyfall. There although Bond is sorta 'betrayed', you can understand why he is OK with it and why he comes back. You can also understand why the villain in that movie is both wrong, but sympathetic.

I never post on these forums but I just had to agree with this. I found the IA story to be extremely lackluster, with a few minor high points in Act 2. Act 3's plot was ok, but it's main villain was completely lame and I found myself wondering over and over why my chiss was bothering with all of this? It was definitely a bad spy movie. Although I went through the IA story after doing the SW (epic!) and after reading time and time again on these forums how amazing and well written it was...so perhaps my expectations were too high.

As for the JC, I'm enjoying it very much. I've been in this game since launch but took a long break a few months back. I leveled 3 characters to 50 (SW, JK, and IA), when I came back I decided to start fresh and do something a bit different to my other characters so I went DS JC. I've thoroughly enjoyed the intrigue and to be honest it feels alot more jedi-ish than the JK story, not that i'm putting the knight story down, i loved it, but the JC has more to do with jedi teachings and lore.

I'm on Voss at the moment and still enjoying it, the only downside I would say is that I don't feel like my companions as a whole are as interesting as other classes I've played. If I had to guess why people bash the JC story I would say partially because people read over and over on the forums how bad it is, therefore if they play one for themselves they go into it with a bad taste. Also, it has a different pace than the others, its more about intrigue than flat out action.

Eh, I liked Belsavis because it was kind of like a first contact scenario, and it actually felt as though I could fail in winning over the Esh-Kha. The final battle was also pretty exciting with the way I pounded at the door as Hallow Voice was basically being murdered, although I thought it was kind of weak that I just healed him(?) after his organs were probably fried from being forced out of stasis. It would have been more dramatic to break down the door before that happened, in my opinion.

My time on Belsavis was really the only part of the consular story I enjoyed, however, because it feels like the only point in the story which requires you to make difficult decisions. The character of the consular is pretty much a mary-sue in that (at least when played light-side) they possess no notable character flaws and are able to bypass dramatic plot points by simply using their powers to fix everything (as in the case of Vivicar and Syo).

I mean, I'm playing a jedi master, so I suppose I can forgive the lack of character flaws, but even so, I never really need to make difficult decisions; I've also played through the trooper, smuggler, and bounty hunter stories, and I simply can't become as invested in the consular story as I can with those. The others all require difficult decisions which you solve by considering your principles (the bounty hunter story is really freaking good in that respect), but the consular story doesn't have much other than light side/dark side.

TL;DR: It's pretty meh.

Edited by Chaoskyx

The title of the thread has (Unhidden Spoilers) in it. Why would people use spoiler tags, when the thread itself says "hey, not using them"

A. You are supposed to use them, there is a button to add them for a reason.

B. The standard procedure for posting spoiler alerts in a title is to post them in front of your title so that it shows on the community page.

C. And lastly so that someone who clicks on the previously mentioned link and doesn't realize that there are spoilers in the thread, doesn't come into the thread and see said spoilers without clicking on the show spoiler button.

But that's ok I can just report the thread and get Bioware to correct the issue thanks.

C. And lastly so that someone who clicks on the previously mentioned link and doesn't realize that there are spoilers in the thread, doesn't come into the thread and see said spoilers without clicking on the show spoiler button.

But that's ok I can just report the thread and get Bioware to correct the issue thanks.

As an aside, if I had posted this thread in the Spoilers sub-forum (which I have no problem if they move the thread to), you still wouldn't know it had spoilers unless you clicked on it. Sub-forum posts show up on the main community page under their main heading.

The only complete way to avoid spoilers is to stay out of the Story forum because really, it's kind of hard to talk about the story without some busybody coming in complaining about spoilers! :jawa_tongue:

As a side note, I feel it is necessary to point out that the SW actually managed to avoid the repetition present in the other storylines somewhat by making the two sets of two planets have different objectives.

The Sith Warrior story is almost in a class by itself. It's the second story I did, and I still think it's by far the best. Its Act II is the weakest, but it's still better than most. So I agree with you.

As an aside, if I had posted this thread in the Spoilers sub-forum (which I have no problem if they move the thread to), you still wouldn't know it had spoilers unless you clicked on it. Sub-forum posts show up on the main community page under their main heading.

The only complete way to avoid spoilers is to stay out of the Story forum because really, it's kind of hard to talk about the story without some busybody coming in complaining about spoilers! :jawa_tongue:

As I said in my previous post putting the Spoiler in the front would have actually put it on the community main page.

JC was my first class, and after looking back it is so far my least enjoyed class

Felt a little all over the place, and the companions especially always seemed well pointless and uninteresting to me, none i found were inspired choices that would have convinced me to go on my ship, but you have 3 ways to say yes when it happens.

I put it down to personal preference, the Smuggler was the second class i rolled and it was by far the much better story, with interesting companions, bad guys and twist.

I didn't mind the story that much, but I played a sage. A shadow does not make sense in that first act, there's no other way to put it.

Probably my biggest problem with the story was the consular herself. There were times were I had my own opinion about the situation, but I couldn't give it. Late in Correllia, you take down a child of the emperor, and the First Son says mockingly that "a real jedi master would have tried to redeem them", and I can't point out that they all attack me straight out, despite having no experience or training. Furthermore, I can't really tell what consulars were based off. Every other class is obvious in who they're based off (with the exception of agents, but I'll ignore that).

I don't think the story is bad, per se, I just don't think it's too impressive.

JC was my first class, and after looking back it is so far my least enjoyed class

Felt a little all over the place, and the companions especially always seemed well pointless and uninteresting to me, none i found were inspired choices that would have convinced me to go on my ship, but you have 3 ways to say yes when it happens.

I put it down to personal preference, the Smuggler was the second class i rolled and it was by far the much better story, with interesting companions, bad guys and twist.

I think this thread has made it clear to me, that the emphasized text is it. Folks don't like it because they don't like it. And that I can understand. I think that what I was getting hung up on was that people were saying the story was poorly written while saying that stories like the Agent story was a masterpiece.

But folks aren't looking at the stories from the standpoint of whether they are good stories, they are looking at them from the perspective of stories they want to play as the main character. It's goes back to role. It's not that the consular story is poorly written, it's the fact that the consular story is written (well) about Jedi consulars.

Most people say it goes with the planet story well, but honestly I just felt like as a Consular I was doing two planet stories rather than a planet and a class story...past act I anyway.

One thing about the story is the anti heroic feel...it is the only class story where technically you grow weaker and weaker (from healing other Jedi) instead of stronger. Gradually getting weaker isn't exciting at all...this is assuming you play light side as the writers probably inteded. I haven't played dark.

Most people say it goes with the planet story well, but honestly I just felt like as a Consular I was doing two planet stories rather than a planet and a class story...past act I anyway.

Yes, that's very true of Act II. Effectively in Act II, you are sealing the deal while the other classes are supporting your efforts while doing their own thing.

One thing about the story is the anti heroic feel...it is the only class story where technically you grow weaker and weaker (from healing other Jedi) instead of stronger. Gradually getting weaker isn't exciting at all...this is assuming you play light side as the writers probably inteded. I haven't played dark.

I was just thinking of this and there's a comment I would make. You are not 'healing' the masters. You're shielding them. You are pushing the darkness out and away from them. But then your second sentence is what I've come to conclude. Folks don't like their character having to do that. That's cool.

But Yoda said it best:

A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things.

A Jedi does not crave these things, but MMORPG players do.

Edited by Master-Nala

I just started chapter 2 (which starts awesomely! Stayed up until 3am until I got far enough to stop at Balmorra), and I really don't understand why people don't like this story. Well...no, I do. Like the Jedi Knight story, and unlike the imperial stories in which danger and betrayal take focus front and center, the main theme relates to what it means to be a jedi, on philosophy and moral stance, on choices and their personal meaning. These are stories that take some thought to fully appreciate their themes.

In the case of the knight story, the focus is on the ever-present danger of the darkside, not in battle, but in one's self. As the story progresses, it seems increasingly reasonable to put aside adherence to the code because of the extremity of the situation. It can even feel right and necessary. The question there is 'how much can one risk for an ideal?' and the nature of victory.

In the Consular story, that internal struggle is focused on ideas about strength, weakness and self-sacrifice.

That dialogue begins early, on Tython, when you

meet the force ghost of the dissident master. His philosphy owes much to that of the Sith, those same ideas seen through Jedi eyes--and there's a element of truth within those ideas that certainly got my consular thinking.

What's more important, defeating the darkside or the code? How much should the order risk to maintain the purity of that code?

As the story progresses, you're forced to choose between yourself and others in a variety of situations--between

weakining yourself to save them or killing them and ending the threat that way. These are practical manifestations of the choice that dissident Jedi presented.

It's not that cut and dried, though. Eventually you find out that

masters of the Order failed to live up to the choice that you put into practice to save them (or may have, depending on the choices you made.) They sacrified the weakest among them to save themselves, something the dissident Jedi would have applauded. Does that make them weak, or strong?

Was their choice correct in the light of what they faced, or a betrayal of everything the order stands for?

At the end of chapter one, you receive an interesting bit of foreshadowing in the form of a warning that no matter how much the Order seems to value you, they'll turn on you in the same way. You're advised to not only resist the rage of the dark, but being blinded by the light. You then find yourself out in the galaxy where one of the first things you see is

Nadia Grell risking herself to save her father when she might have stayed safe and hidden.

I can't wait to see these ideas put into play in this next chapter. This exploration is making for some great rp and character development.

I haven't read this thread, since I don't want to see spoliers, and won't read after I post this until I'm done so I don't know how others saw this or which of these ideas have been discussed, but I'm enjoying this story immensely. Each of the stories has something different and awesome to offer and when we expect the same from each, we do them a disservice.

Edited by errant_knight