Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hive of the Mountain Queen on PTS! How to Get Geared Up and in, and What to Expect.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Hive of the Mountain Queen on PTS! How to Get Geared Up and in, and What to Expect.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MattPucevich
12.18.2018 , 03:48 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Oh hi there!

Welcome to our little PTS lair boss shindig! So nice of you to stop by!

As is tradition, we have a variety of utility terminals on the PTS server, as well as gear vendors, that will help you quickly create a character, get it to level 70, get geared, and get to testing. (which in this case would be the Hive of the Mountain Queen lair boss).

Here's the General Flow:
  1. Create a new Character.
  2. On your origin world, near where your character starts, you should find a "Level Booster" terminal, and an "Odessen Teleporter" terminal.
  3. Click on the "Level Booster" terminal to set your character to level 70, and receive 500,000 credits (you can continue clicking the Level Booster terminal repeatedly to receive an additional 500,000 credits per click).
  4. When you have as many credits as you'd like, click the "Odessen Teleporter" terminal to be moved to the Odessen landing area.
  5. Gear your character with the various PTS vendors located at the Odessen Landing. The following vendors are available in this first refresh:
    • Tier 4 Artifact Gear (248)
    • Tier 4 Artifact Components (248 Mods / Enhancements / Crystals / Barrels / Hilts)
    • Tier 5 Artifact Gear (258)
    • Tier 5 Artifact Components (258 Mods / Enhancements / Crystals / Barrels / Hilts)
    • Augments (228/236/240) and Kits (Mk10)
  6. Walk into the phase gate at the end of the Lightbridge to Nowhere at the Odessen Landing to enter the Hive of the Mountain Queen lair area.

Difficulty Targets:
  • Story Mode's gear target should be covered by Bolster, so as long as you've got your gear slots filled, you should be good to go.
  • Veteran Mode is targeted for fully augmented Tier 4 Legendary (248) gear.

Natural Access:
For those of you interested in finding your way into the lair naturally, the entrance can be found on Ossus in the Ossus Canyons area right around (1200,600).

State of the Lair:
The boss encounter itself (Mutated Geonosian Queen) is mechanics complete and balanced. Final aesthetic tweaking of FX is still ongoing, but art and animations should be most of the way there, so it's pretty much all fair game for feedback.

The Hive of the Mountain Queen environment is likewise largely finished (and I, for one, think it looks pretty amazing), so that's all fair game too.

Non-boss encounters are still a work in progress. This includes the placement of encounters, the size and types of enemies present, the abilities those enemies are using. Take what you see there with a grain of salt. Feel free to give feedback on what's there, but don't be surprised if you find some jankiness there.

See you on PTS!
Matt Pucevich | Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

JattaGin
12.18.2018 , 04:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MattPucevich View Post
(...) shindig (...) jankiness (...)
I learned two new words today (and had to look them up on Urban Dictionary).
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

fastwalker
12.18.2018 , 04:57 PM | #3
All that and nothing about a patch....wow...

MattPucevich
12.18.2018 , 05:14 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by fastwalker View Post
All that and nothing about a patch....wow...

These two matters are orthogonal at this point

(That aside, I believe Musco's otherwise got you covered
-> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9680885 )
Matt Pucevich | Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

fastwalker
12.18.2018 , 06:13 PM | #5
orthogonal...gotta 'google' that...I stand corrected sir...thank you for the reply

Legomastertt
12.18.2018 , 06:14 PM | #6
Will the boss drop a title and/or mount?

kukumburr
12.18.2018 , 07:43 PM | #7
PSA: Make sure to stand in the orange circles when you click the tunnel and rocks.

phalczen
12.18.2018 , 07:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Legomastertt View Post
Will the boss drop a title and/or mount?
I'm guessing this is the new group content for 258 MH/OH alluded to by Musco on the forums and during the BadFeeling podcast interview.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

xordevoreaux
12.18.2018 , 11:14 PM | #9
I went out and tested what I could given that I could not muster together an operation when I'm out there by myself and unguilded (the bridge to nowhere said I needed to be in an op) but I did learn that gear set bonuses still do not stack:

230: https://imgur.com/9nQMSSr
252: https://imgur.com/zuydQMm
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

xordevoreaux
12.19.2018 , 06:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nicolask View Post
Why do you need PTS for a single boss?!
Come on... you ignore people's bug reports and suggestions on PTS (gearing and other stuff) and 5.10.1 will be released as broken as 5.10, you are wasting everyone's time.

How bad the developer team of AAA studio should be if they can't release fully working boss?

Also I can see that you keep removing posts from this and other threads, so much for "open communication"...
At this point, it's not about completeness, as mentioned when the developer said the release on PTS was a first pass. That the PTS is open at this early stage of development for this op suggests a greater willingness for input from the player base before the operation is completely coded, which subsequently suggests the dev team's willingness to be flexible and adaptable as coding progresses.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).