Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Perks in 5.10

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ollmich
11.10.2018 , 03:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post
I really don't like the perks that affect endgame.
I echo that.

Those perks and guild leveling is just another grind, and I can easily choose not to participate in it. Leveling is tied to conquest which I‘ve never enjoyed. Perks look overcomplicated on paper, and I can live without those QoL improvements.

But what my tiny raid team in a tiny guild is supposed to do now? We’re not NiM gods, we struggle a lot and need any advantage we can get. Disband and put our chars into big guilds? Adjust our raiding time to the raiding time in these guilds?

Please reconsider it and remove all the perks which affect stats and performance in HM/NiM ops so it didn’t look like a carrot we can’t get unless we make an unpleasant compromise.

ultimarb
11.10.2018 , 04:13 AM | #22
there will be a big nerf coming to all nim op due to 258 gear. compared tyth nim with 248 pulls the 258 pulls on late pts versions feels like a permanent crystal of the nightmare fury.
even hardmode today you can skip most mechanics with 248 already due to the massive dps you do.
So there is no need for any of those stats increments via perks.

I really like the idea of guild perks. but i think they should focus on other things then stats. If you want to support PVE activities some perks designed for pve activities could be something like this:
  • Tier 1
  • 10% Discount on Repair
    Tier 2
  • Tactical Nuke for Trash Mobs, to skip 1 two or three groups of them in an operation
    Tier3
  • Double CXP for the First PVE activity of the day
    Tier 4
  • Loot Perk. If you have this Perk active, Group Leader is able to use an item (very very high cost) to give an 100% chance for all loot types for the next boss encounter. the item should be destroyed after use

GrimTheGlutt
11.10.2018 , 08:06 AM | #23
Whilst perks are good idea and QOL improvements great to see, there is yet again another flawed design that essentially goes back to the size of the guild. The bigger the better.

STOP REWARDING BIG GUILDS!

They already dominate conquest and get the rewards there.

The bigger the guild the quicker they will get these rewards and in multiples. A small guild will at best be able to afford one or 2 perks, a big guild will have the maximum perks active all the time.

Size should not matter stop designing flawed systems like this, make it an equal playing field, stop rewarding size!

DawnAskham
11.10.2018 , 08:50 AM | #24
Two things that stand out.

Guild size doesn't impact costs of perks - thus the only thing that matters is numbers, not focus nor quality - which will force players in smaller focused guilds to move to big generic guilds for the benefits or feel left out.

Power rewards are absurd - guild perks should only include convenience and QoL, or things like XP / CXP bonuses, not raw stats / player power - doubly so given the design is quantity over quality (in other words - unlocks are NOT tied to say completing the hardest content, but rather having a large number of players doing mindless grinding).

casirabit
11.10.2018 , 09:28 AM | #25
I like some of them and we will use what benefits our guild. There is a perk that gives you extra 15% for a reputation, which could be helpful if a guild member doesn't have a max reputation (like ossus) and it lasts about an hour so I think that one is beneficial. We will pick and chose what we like, some probably not but then again each guild is different.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Kai-Del_Serromis
11.10.2018 , 09:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

What are our Goals for Guild Perks?
What we want to be able to do is to give your Guild the power to really focus in on what you enjoy! Perks give a mechanism where players can effectively say “We are a PvP focused Guild” and mean it in new ways. Now, not only are you like minded players, but you can focus perks, benefits, and additional rewards to your chosen playstyle.
I see a lot of love for PVE and PVP in conquesting. Are there any guild perks in the works for guilds that focus on role play, considering there are some very large ones with people that don't do conquest at all?

I don't particularly mind RP being left out, from a certain point of view I understand it, but with pve and pvp guilds getting all these new toys, it would be great if rp people could get something like a bunch of new emotes, more non-phased areas they can access for rp, or something along those lines.

RP guilds exist, too, and on Star Forge I would be willing to bet there are more of us than PVE or PVP guilds.
Zijaa Morn, Loremaster of the Jedi Arcaneum; largest mobile, library in the galaxy.
The Jedi Way is to Serve

Khaleg
11.10.2018 , 02:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OWENF View Post
So where do I apply for my $70M rebate on the 2 guild ships (1 pub, 1 imp) I already bought?
:-)

I apply for a refund for 2 guilds as well hehe.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Khaleg
11.10.2018 , 02:11 PM | #28
This seem to be interesting changes I am looking forward to try out. Only then you can really tell what their implications are.
I see one big problem though since you are going to release it AGAIN most likely in December, shortly before you guys disappear for several weeks. You just can't run an online game or any business like that. It's not like Daimler-Benz stops their production for 6+ weeks during that time - just to give an example. :-)

The reason is that I doubt you can realease this even remotely bug free, given all the changes, and we will again end up with annoying bugs for several weeks, like for instance the Yavin BG bug last year which resulted in resetting all achievements over and over once you have logged off, and that is only an example during that time and was fixed like 2 months later or something if I rememer correctly.
So, what happens this year since you guys fight for your right to do the same mistake every year. :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

omaan
11.10.2018 , 04:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Since I am seeing it come up in the thread already I wanted to clarify. The intention is that all of the stat affecting perks do not impact players while they are in PvP.

-eric
be sure about that or you will face more unsubs

Amantino
11.10.2018 , 04:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by menofhorror View Post
And no, flashpoints and OPs aren't competitive. I am not racing against another guild in a flashpoint. It's also not random and it's a temporary to speed things up in flashpoints and OPs, as far as I see it.
I think this could turn out quite fun.
Please share what drugs you are on, because you must be trippin' hard to say something that dumb.

Never ever let guild perks affect stats in any form of group scenario, PvE or PvP. It'd be like having Carlsen start with one extra pawn against Caruana in the World Chess Championship, because he's from a richer country.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse