Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Perks in 5.10

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

THAT_EPIC_GUY
11.09.2018 , 06:25 PM | #11
These are definitely cool to have in the game but I feel they should have no influence or functionality in higher end PvE and PvP content; that being nightmare operations and ranked PvP. I'd also say they shouldn't work in regular PvP as well but at least consider the impact these perks may have on the more competitive aspects of the game and how that may reflect on player enjoyment and experience.
Mac
<Failure><It's Lit>
World First Gods From the Machine Nightmare
Season 9 Rank 1 Sniper, Rank 3 Marauder Solo Ranked
Medicine Operative PvE guide.

kikosoysauce
11.09.2018 , 06:29 PM | #12
why does it have to be the command rooms, why not the hanger deck or even crew deck, another grind for encryptions for rooms I didnt even want to unlock. I hope you plan to lessen the amount of encryptions needed to unlock rooms. But I have a feeling you won't.

menofhorror
11.09.2018 , 07:13 PM | #13
Big guilds will always have an advantage. This won't change that.
In OPs and flashpoints you aren't competing with other playes and you can still do OPs without those stat boosts.
A guild has a member cap and eventually new guilds will have to form if they want those boosts. I say, it's best to see how it plays out but it's good to hear that pvp isn't affected.

FiLaBugh
11.09.2018 , 08:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by menofhorror View Post
Big guilds will always have an advantage. This won't change that.
In OPs and flashpoints you aren't competing with other playes and you can still do OPs without those stat boosts.
A guild has a member cap and eventually new guilds will have to form if they want those boosts. I say, it's best to see how it plays out but it's good to hear that pvp isn't affected.
Nothing they ever done since i play made the game better imho, but giving perks (with this guild thingys) for individual stats a player can use inside any group content must be one of their most stupid decisions ever made, sure will be in some top 10 dumbest things they ever did. They do like to do some random **** often, that no one with a brain understands but... heh.

Well with that said, i have to break it for you bby but everything is a competition, and giving random stats like 5% crit behind a guild perk to someone, its not, and they did this many many times, understanding the community and the player base they have in their barely alive game. By player base in this case i mean the player base that could do some use to those 5% or whatever extra stats they want to give in guild perks.

NikSunrider
11.09.2018 , 08:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OWENF View Post
Given the insane inflation in the game's economy, guild ships should cost $150m each now, not $15m that's a *********** joke and if we don't get compensated for the huge opportunity cost of having spent $50m each back when credits were hard to come by, then this is just a firm kick in the pants for every existing guild, and more proof that Bioware doesn't have a clue about managing the in-game economy.
Real kicker is the limiting factor in guild ships isn't the 50m upfront cost, but the subsequent framework requirements.

By no means am I asking BioWare to nerf the expansion cost...but you need 6 engineering and 20 command frameworks + 25 extra mil to open the rest of your ship so you can slot the remaining 4 perks....and that will be the major limiting factor for most people. Getting 50m together - you could do that in a week by doing dailies.
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesės> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link • Info

LordTurin
11.09.2018 , 08:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by THAT_EPIC_GUY View Post
These are definitely cool to have in the game but I feel they should have no influence or functionality in higher end PvE and PvP content; that being nightmare operations and ranked PvP. I'd also say they shouldn't work in regular PvP as well but at least consider the impact these perks may have on the more competitive aspects of the game and how that may reflect on player enjoyment and experience.
I assume the stats gains are to introduce a defacto current nim ops nerf (with a new nim op thay is supposedly much harder that doesnt seem crazy). As long as the perks are not too onerous to get it doesnt really upset me. Give folks 2 ways to increase stats, both the new gear and these stats.

Also, he did say the perks wont work in pvp.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

LordTurin
11.09.2018 , 08:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OWENF View Post
So where do I apply for my $70M rebate on the 2 guild ships (1 pub, 1 imp) I already bought?
The same place everyone who spent years paying for abilities gets their refund. Its right next to the place everyone who bought mats for gear over the years got their refund after a new tier of gear came out, across from where you get a refund for the old and worthless crew skills when new tiers have come out.

Sorry for the snark, but come on, guild flagships came out years ago, and youve been able to use them for those years, thats what you paid 50 million for. If you literally just bought them, that definitely sucks, amd maybe you can email Eric or tech support and see if theyll refund you, but unless it was really recent I doubt you'll get a refund, nor should you.

menofhorror
11.09.2018 , 09:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FiLaBugh View Post
Nothing they ever done since i play made the game better imho, but giving perks (with this guild thingys) for individual stats a player can use inside any group content must be one of their most stupid decisions ever made, sure will be in some top 10 dumbest things they ever did. They do like to do some random **** often, that no one with a brain understands but... heh.

Well with that said, i have to break it for you bby but everything is a competition, and giving random stats like 5% crit behind a guild perk to someone, its not, and they did this many many times, understanding the community and the player base they have in their barely alive game. By player base in this case i mean the player base that could do some use to those 5% or whatever extra stats they want to give in guild perks.
"Nothing they ever done since I play made the game better". Then you must not have played for a long time because there have been a lot of great improvements and quality of life changes to the game. You can also stop acting like a rude jerk and take a chill pill, you need it.

And no, flashpoints and OPs aren't competitive. I am not racing against another guild in a flashpoint. It's also not random and it's a temporary to speed things up in flashpoints and OPs, as far as I see it.
I think this could turn out quite fun.

THAT_EPIC_GUY
11.09.2018 , 09:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
I assume the stats gains are to introduce a defacto current nim ops nerf (with a new nim op thay is supposedly much harder that doesnt seem crazy). As long as the perks are not too onerous to get it doesnt really upset me. Give folks 2 ways to increase stats, both the new gear and these stats.

Also, he did say the perks wont work in pvp.
So I did consider the idea of these effectively being a time-gated nerf to the new op. It sorta makes sense if GFTM NiM end bosses are tuned to 258s. Historically Nightmare modes in this game have been tuned to the HM dropped tier and the NiM loot tier has served as a slight nerf as you get that gear. So this is all well and good as a substitute to getting that extra tier. But even then some of these stat boosts are extremely big and this would be a pretty huge tuning nerf. Furthermore, consider the impact of these perks in any potential future raid tiers. You'll have finished your grinding by then and have access to these upon launch.
Mac
<Failure><It's Lit>
World First Gods From the Machine Nightmare
Season 9 Rank 1 Sniper, Rank 3 Marauder Solo Ranked
Medicine Operative PvE guide.

LordTurin
11.09.2018 , 10:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by THAT_EPIC_GUY View Post
So I did consider the idea of these effectively being a time-gated nerf to the new op. It sorta makes sense if GFTM NiM end bosses are tuned to 258s. Historically Nightmare modes in this game have been tuned to the HM dropped tier and the NiM loot tier has served as a slight nerf as you get that gear. So this is all well and good as a substitute to getting that extra tier. But even then some of these stat boosts are extremely big and this would be a pretty huge tuning nerf. Furthermore, consider the impact of these perks in any potential future raid tiers. You'll have finished your grinding by then and have access to these upon launch.
As with many things BW does, implementation is what matters (granted, with their history Im not holding my breath). I agree some of these seem really really high, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them get nerfed prerelease, or shortly after.

They can definitely work around for future raid tiers by disabling for the first couple weeks or months (think nim power effectively) and then enabling to give a simple nerf to open up the ops a little bit. No idea if theyll do that (again, implementation, and again, not holding my breath) but they can work around that.