Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Feedback - Additional Stronghold Functionality

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Feedback - Additional Stronghold Functionality
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.27.2018 , 12:32 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

There are 3 specific new pieces of functionality we would like to ensure that you test and provide feedback on:
  • Decorations blocking line of sight.
  • Terminal usage being dictated by keys.
  • The ability to toggle PvP off in the Stronghold.
    • Note: The intended functionality here is that you toggle PvP on/off either while you are outside the Stronghold completely or at least outside of the PvP area.
Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Xina_LA
07.27.2018 , 12:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]The ability to toggle PvP off in the Stronghold.[LIST][*]Note: The intended functionality here is that you toggle PvP on/off either while you are outside the Stronghold completely or at least outside of the PvP area.
What should happen if we toggle PvP while people are in the stronghold, perhaps even fighting?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Andertyne
07.27.2018 , 01:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
What should happen if we toggle PvP while people are in the stronghold, perhaps even fighting?
It takes effect immediately. Nobody needs to leave the Stronghold for it to be enabled.
Hygieią | Satele Shan

Screaming_Ziva
07.27.2018 , 01:39 PM | #4
The PvP toggle doesn't seem to be working properly.

Even though it is unchecked by default, your stronghold is still set to PvP. You have to click it on and then off again for PvP to be disabled.

Also, it is not remembering your setting when you log off. Every time you log in, you have to check PvP on and then off again for your stronghold to not allow PvP.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

AscendingSky
07.27.2018 , 01:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post

Even though it is unchecked by default, your stronghold is still set to PvP. You have to click it on and then off again for PvP to be disabled.

Also, it is not remembering your setting when you log off. Every time you log in, you have to check PvP on and then off again for your stronghold to not allow PvP.
I am experiencing the same issue. Once you click the box to enable it and then disable it again, it does seem to work properly though; I no longer get the red text on my screen or get dismounted when I run through the PvP area at the front of the stronghold, which is as far as I've gone in testing so far.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

EricMusco
07.27.2018 , 02:12 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post

This is an issue that will appear only on PTS for anyone who owned the Rishi Stronghold prior to today's PTS patch. This won't happen on live. You simply have to toggle it on and off a couple of times and it will function properly.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
07.27.2018 , 02:37 PM | #7
Changes (?): Nice hooks added to the water and the other island but we still can't get there for the exhaustion zone. Can that be changed?

Suggestion: Add small hooks on top of the centerpieces and when you break them down to large add the small hooks like the normal large hooks have, pretty please?

Positive: Thank you for fixing the wall hook in the sun room. I can now hang my plants without them touching the floor.

Bug: On the platform across from the hillside room, (large area) I have made a cantina and put a juke box but I keep getting can't see target.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DuchessKristania
07.27.2018 , 02:37 PM | #8
Wow! I love the changes! The overlook is fantastic. I would only suggest adding doors to the rooms, and changing the cmall hooks along the walls into medium narrows wherever possible. It's not exactly what I'd hoped for, but I love it!

I also love that you increased the hook sizes for the wall decorations. This change really opens up what a decorator can do with this, or any other stronghold. I plan on cleaning Rishi up by using the walls to hide some of the rusted out areas. This is also going to make it so easy for me to give the SH a Copero feel, which was my plan all along!

I had to toggle the PvP option on and off, as others have stated, but after that it worked like a charm! This stronghold hold is seriously awesome now! Thank you so so much! I'd bake the team cookies if it weren't creepy to get cookies from a complete stranger, lol!
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

Screaming_Ziva
07.27.2018 , 02:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Changes (?): Nice hooks added to the water and the other island but we still can't get there for the exhaustion zone. Can that be changed?
There's an invisible wall in the exhaustion zone so you can't even get there with all the healing in the world.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

casirabit
07.27.2018 , 03:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
Wow! I love the changes! The overlook is fantastic. I would only suggest adding doors to the rooms, and changing the cmall hooks along the walls into medium narrows wherever possible. It's not exactly what I'd hoped for, but I love it!

I also love that you increased the hook sizes for the wall decorations. This change really opens up what a decorator can do with this, or any other stronghold. I plan on cleaning Rishi up by using the walls to hide some of the rusted out areas. This is also going to make it so easy for me to give the SH a Copero feel, which was my plan all along!

I had to toggle the PvP option on and off, as others have stated, but after that it worked like a charm! This stronghold hold is seriously awesome now! Thank you so so much! I'd bake the team cookies if it weren't creepy to get cookies from a complete stranger, lol!
Lol, true. I made 2 outside showers on the balcony. I had some dividers that work perfectly.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj