Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ld-Siris
07.20.2018 , 03:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Please use this thread only after playing with the Stronghold on the new patch.
*Cough*

NikiTesla
07.20.2018 , 04:34 PM | #22
Please please please please PLEASE give us a proper building. I absolutely adore this stronghold. I think it could be wonderful as a marketplace or a full blown city. The main problem is there's no proper buildings anywhere. Nowhere to make a cantina or even just a home for a character. It is the one thing I am missing and hope is added before it goes live.

CharlesBoyd
07.20.2018 , 04:43 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback throughout the PTS cycle! Although we won't be able to address every point of feedback, your input has significantly improved the quality of this update, and we look forward to repeating the process for more of our releases in the coming months.

A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense.

I also want to clarify that although this is the last build we have planned for PTS, it does not represent the final build that will be going live as update 5.9.2. Additional fixes and changes that are not in the final PTS patch notes will be included in the full update, such as the PvP toggle. The comprehensive patch notes for 5.9.2 will be released a bit closer to the update going live, which is still planned for July 31.
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Screaming_Ziva
07.20.2018 , 04:48 PM | #24
Why do vendors in strongholds now have blue nameplates?

Vendors on fleet have green nameplates.
Vendors on planets have green nameplates.
Vendors out in the wild have green nameplates.
Vendors on your ship have green nameplates.
Vendors in strongholds on the live servers have green nameplates.

Why are they now blue in strongholds?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

DuchessKristania
07.20.2018 , 05:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NikiTesla View Post
Please please please please PLEASE give us a proper building. I absolutely adore this stronghold. I think it could be wonderful as a marketplace or a full blown city. The main problem is there's no proper buildings anywhere. Nowhere to make a cantina or even just a home for a character. It is the one thing I am missing and hope is added before it goes live.
^THIS^ !20 times over! The stronghold needs a proper building. What we have are three round room, without windows, mostly open ceilings, and greasy floors.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

casirabit
07.20.2018 , 05:12 PM | #26
Nice that you added wall hooks to the quarters on the ship. Small but they are workable, I would have prefered medium but there might be a reason why small so acceptable.

Seems to be a few more hooks on the floor of the ship-nice.

Now:

(1) Sun Room-Yes this again. (So sue me) The hooks need to be brought up if you can't change them to large. My hanging plants do not belong sitting on the floor. While you are at adjust the ones in the Hillside room as well. They are just as low. See image:

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

(2) Can the hooks all be changed to large outside the tower on the beach. It would be a nice place to put some waterfall. See example:

https://imgur.com/bAIBzod

Nice change on the beach sand . Looks better but (pouts) why did you pick up my beach chairs there. (I kid, figured it was on the sand and you needed to change it)

Thanks for reading and thanks for your work.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

RCOneTwoSixTwo
07.20.2018 , 05:12 PM | #27
I plan to make my stronghold open to all, then hide in stealth. In the opening PVP area, I'll put a GTN and other terminals in the middle of it. Once unsuspecting people start to check things out, I'll pounce.
Referral links are all the rage now. Even I've got one.
http://www.swtor.com/r/bypZqC

TonyTricicolo
07.20.2018 , 05:19 PM | #28
"A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense."

I appreciate the statement but nonetheless i'm still sad that there wasn't enough foresight to include a reasonable Civic building to begin with. Truly one the biggest missed opportunities. You guys seem very out of touch with your playerbase. Good job as you continue to disappoint.
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

NikiTesla
07.20.2018 , 05:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Hey folks!

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback throughout the PTS cycle! Although we won't be able to address every point of feedback, your input has significantly improved the quality of this update, and we look forward to repeating the process for more of our releases in the coming months.

A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense.

I also want to clarify that although this is the last build we have planned for PTS, it does not represent the final build that will be going live as update 5.9.2. Additional fixes and changes that are not in the final PTS patch notes will be included in the full update, such as the PvP toggle. The comprehensive patch notes for 5.9.2 will be released a bit closer to the update going live, which is still planned for July 31.
I won't say I'm not disappointed but addressing this issue is certainly a good first step. I'm sad that you can't add one in one of the other buildings and I can dream that one day you will add it but for now I suppose I will have to make do. Hopefully when you eventually make a copero style stronghold, we'll have lovely buildings to decorate!

TonyTricicolo
07.20.2018 , 05:43 PM | #30
Delay the release! Ya'll have delayed updates before when they weren't ready, well this ain't ready with out a proper house and you know it!
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G