Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Update - 7/13/2018

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.13.2018 , 10:06 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Here are the patch notes for the update which is planned for later today:

Warzone / Arena Changes
  • Voidstar is once again functional, it has also had its intro cinematic updated.
  • Railings and various LoS blockers have been added to the Mandalorian Battle Ring to make the map more melee friendly.
  • Players should no longer die randomly when using traversal abilities near terrain in Warzones and Arenas.
  • Fixed various issues related to matchmaking.
  • Interactable objects in the world will once again highlight blue.
  • Giradda the Hutt and Baron Deathmark will no longer take damage from sudden death acid.

Rishi Hideout
  • You can now use Kick the Huttball during Huttball matches in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • There are less “doors to nowhere” in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • A clean-up crew has removed some of the junk in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • A terminal has been added to a Cannon on the Skydeck which will take you directly to the Rishi Cove.
  • The “Carrying the Huttball” icon will now appear for players who receive the Huttball due to a character death during a Huttball match in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • More hooks have been added throughout the Rishi Stronghold.
  • The room unlock terminals in the Rishi Stronghold have been made clearer.
  • Speedy is still the best, but he will no longer path through walls.
  • Players will now gain a temporary ability to end combat when using the training dummies in the training room.
  • The Rishi Stronghold now has a console that allows players to take control of an un-targetable, stealthed, non-combat droid. This Droid allows players to better see PvP action in the Stronghold.
  • Jungle noises will no longer play on the Rishi Patrol Carrier.
  • Players will no longer dismount when entering the Portside Crew Quarters.
  • A terminal has been added to the Rishi Stronghold that will allow players to apply Bolster.
  • Players can now use PvP medpacs in PvP areas of the Rishi Stronghold.
  • The Huttball scoreboard in the Rishi Stronghold now goes up to 10 (up from 3).
  • Players can no longer be mounted with the Huttball in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • Players in the Rishi Stronghold can no longer pick up or catch the Huttball while stunned.
  • Resetting a Huttball match in the Rishi Stronghold will now remove all Huttballs.
  • Corrected an issue where some PvP areas in the Rishi Stronghold were not properly flagging players for PvP.
Once this update is live on PTS, if you notice any of the above changes are not actually present in this patch please let us know!

There are other changes we would still like to make before 5.9.2 goes live, so don't fret if you don't see a change you wanted on this list. I will post the list of other things we are looking into elsewhere on the PTS forum.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Estelindis
07.13.2018 , 10:19 AM | #2
Thanks. I know some of these changes will make certain people very happy. In particular, it's good that stronghold changes aren't limited to hook placement. Looking forward to checking out the update.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Pandoras_Jar
07.13.2018 , 10:24 AM | #3
Lot's of good stuff in here! Looking forward to checking out the changes later today!
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing - 5.9 PvP Gearing Guide -
5.9 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | SWTOR Influencer | Darth Malgus ~

casirabit
07.13.2018 , 10:41 AM | #4
Going to check this out when it gets updated. I do hope that one of the changes you are considering making is on the wall hooks in the sun room area. I would like to use my hanging plant there but not if it sits on the floor even when I have the hook at max.

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Nmyownworld
07.13.2018 , 10:43 AM | #5
Thanks for the information, Eric Musco. I look forward to seeing, and trying out, the changes.

Seireeni
07.13.2018 , 10:54 AM | #6
Thanks for the info, Eric! Getting more hooks sounds great.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

TrixxieTriss
07.13.2018 , 10:56 AM | #7
Awesome guys. I like the changes and i especially love this two way communication

Thanks for adding a Bolster terminal 😍

Lowarro
07.13.2018 , 11:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

There are other changes we would still like to make before 5.9.2 goes live, so don't fret if you don't see a change you wanted on this list. I will post the list of other things we are looking into elsewhere on the PTS forum.

Thanks!

-eric
A lot of great changes here. I hope one of the other changes before live is a way to turn off the PvP features in the Rishi stronghold. This will fix the biggest issues several non-PvP-er stronghold enthusiasts have with this stronghold.
Companion Master My Referral Code
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I think that you have beaten the game . Congrats, that is crazy!

-eric

merovejec
07.13.2018 , 11:20 AM | #9
Nice to see you guys are able to correct these so fast, great work!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

DuchessKristania
07.13.2018 , 11:44 AM | #10
Is the PTS back up yet? I've been in and out all morning and so I'm a little behind the times. I did try getting in and while it initially allowed me as far as my character screen it's now saying offline. I only ask because I had to go into the client settings and adjust the resolution manually to get the window to open properly. I'm not computer genius but I can bumble my way around a bit, so I wanted to make sure it was down and not something on my end.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥