What isn't the communites fault?

Frostvein

I keep hearing that the community is the reason why there are all these problems.

- it's the communities fault that too many servers were opened at launch.

- it's the communities fault that they don't understand the game.

- it's the communities fault that they have/had unrealistic expectations.

- it's the communities fault that they don't have the patience to wait out fixes.

- it's the communities fault that the server populations are too low, because of the previous point.

- it's the communities fault that they picked a dead server at launch.

- it's the communities fault that they aren't enjoying their dead server, re-roll already.

- it's the communities fault that they aren't entertained by the current content.

- it's the communities fault that people are turned off to this game because they trash it constantly.

And many, many more.

It is not my fault that this game is missing a ton of features and that people aren't happy. Serious question - at what point to we stop blaming the community for this games issues?

I keep hearing that the community is the reason why there are all these problems.

The community complained and bioware made a bad descision to open to many servers.. both at fault there.

Ive not seen complaints that people dont understand the game, but thats common not everyone will be good at every game

the community had unrealistic expectations of a videogame.. hyping it up way beyond what is reasonable considering the time it took to make the game ( 3 years isnt that long in game designing)

- it's the communities fault that they don't have the patience to wait out fixes.

People are paying money, they are unhappy it is taking forever.. are they to impatient. in my opinion yes.. but its their money and their choice..

- it's the communities fault that the server populations are too low, because of the previous point.

partly the fault of people leaving due to impatientness and partially due to new games coming out...

no one picked dead servers at launch, but people are refusing to try some of the fuller servers..

- it's the communities fault that they aren't enjoying their dead server, re-roll already.

valid argument, they can reroll it does change the dynamic of the game considerably

- it's the communities fault that they aren't entertained by the current content.

there is pleanty TO do..but not everyone wants to do all of it, they are pickey, (their right) and then they think there is nothing to do when there is nothing they WANT to do.

- it's the communities fault that people are turned off to this game because they trash it constantly.

trash talking a game just brings negativity... constructive critisim is one thing but ************ just to *****...completely different, and paints an unfair picture most of the time..

And many, many more.

It is not my fault that this game is missing a ton of features and that people aren't happy. Serious question - at what point to we stop blaming the community for this games issues?

see bold for my thoughts...

Edited by thomasgallant

It's not our fault they released the game before it was ready.

Oh wait, it probably is. My bad. :o

in truth it is likely EA's fault the game came out when it did.. was it to early? i dont think so.. i think their biggest problem was opening to many sservers at the begining... if they didnt do that the game would be in a hell of alot better state than it is now.

Never heard this one.

If they don't understand the game, it is their own fault. This game is very straight forward about pretty much everything.

I didn't expect anything except exactly what they told us. I didn't expect this game to revolutionize MMO's, I didn't expect this game to beat WoW in anything, I didn't expect the game to have all of the luxuries some come with such as an LFG tool.

If you expected anything except what they said would be available at what time, it is your own fault, so yes, it is the communities' fault.

If you can't be patient, it is your own fault. When they rush out fixes, it breaks something else, so I'd rather wait for a fix if it means I won't have to deal with something else being broken. Yes, this is the communities' fault.

In part, yes, because the community didn't roll on lesser populated servers like people were complaining about at launch, but instead they rolled on the heavily populated ones.

However, Bioware also is partially at fault for opening too many servers. Grass isn't green on either side of the fence.

Because most people kept rolling on the big servers. It's not the fault of the people who rolled the dead ones, but the ones who rolled the heavy ones instead.

This is where we should have character transfers. To Biowares credit, they are bringing them in. I don't blame people for not paying $15 every month to play on a dead server, but once character transfers come out, if they don't resub to at least see what happens, then yes, it is their own fault at that point.

Are you just making stuff up now to make your list longer?

Yep, you are.

How many threads in these forums are blaming the community as opposed to blaming Bioware? At what point does it stop becoming Biowares fault and we stop blaming them for every little thing, especially some of the things we can control. LFG tool? They have an LFG comment readily available. All it takes is 5 seconds to say "FP Heals" in it and people can guess based on your level what FP or content you are willing to do.

Bioware can be blamed for a lot, I'll admit. But the community can be blamed for a lot too.

It's ridiclious to blame the community for the devs poor decitions, just because the community demands more servers, doesn't automaticly makes the community at fault that the devs can't merge servers in proper time. Devs are the only to blame!

:p edit :)

edit

I saw your response before you edited it (to avoid an infraction?) and I just have to say it's that kind of shenanigans that gives the community such a bad rep.

Edited by Kthx

ive seen other post of yours thomas

Just wandering to you have a BW tattooed on you anywhere?

nope i just think people are far to critical of something that they havent given an overly fair shake to..

quitting without trying a full server isnt overly fair to the game... but like ive said in other posts... people are free to do whatever the hell they want.. quit or not.. doesnt bother me..

but they really dont need to stick around the forums of a game they hate complaining endlessly about it.. after of course pointing out repeatedly that they unsubbed..

if you unsub.. go away. return when 1.3 comes in, try it again, if its not to your liking go away again...i dont understand the sick thrill people get trolling the forums ************.

i like the game..its good. far from the best game ive played.. but its good. but the day i dont like it anymore is the day i leave...not stick around to complain endlessly.... doesnt make sense to me.

It's ridiclious to blame the community for the devs poor decitions, just because the community demands more servers, doesn't automaticly makes the community at fault that the devs can't merge servers in proper time. Devs are the only to blame!

the community demanded more servers.. the devs gave them.. the server populations became overly thin already just after launch.. people got tired of playing with small numbers of people.. they quit numbers dropped further... people quit more then complained there were to many servers..

the only thing bioware did wrong was listen to the whiners who likely quit a long time ago...