Trying to help you guys. LFG tool features.

artilleryshell

So my first attempt at this i used a flame war title to make it appear i was posting a flame war so people would read it. Bioware didn't like that, so we really have to work hard to get folks to bump this.

Many people are unaware that the current LFG tool allows you to view a gallactic wide LFG page. Because many people are unaware of this feature, it is not widely used, and the feature is not helpful. If more people use it, it will become very helpful, albeit not perfect.

To view a galactic lfg panel, simply flag yourself as LFG and type "LFG" in the filter box on your who pane. This will display everyone on your faction in your galaxy who is currently lfg for anything. You'll get the standard AC, Level, and LFG comment. Hover over comment for it to display in full.

Thank you for reading. Please bump this thread, five star it, and whatever you have to do to get folks to read it! Furthermore, please share this information with people in-game.

KEEP THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE! CALL FOR STICKIES!

they just needed a serverwide chat channel and their system would be great. But since they don't it blows

Thank you for the free bump. This thread is not about if the current system is sufficient or not, but about trying to raise awareness of the extent of use the current system has.

However, if you would like to comment about how much you don't like the current system some more, feel free. The page will get more views.

I've known about/use the current LFG tool all the time. I've known about typing LFG into the field for a while now.

I think the reason why people don't use this feature more is simply because the vast majority of player's simply do not like the system. After being exposed to LFD tools in other games where the game forms the group for them, they simply have either forgotten how to form groups without one or find it to be a hassle that they would rather not put up with.

I myself take the initiave most times, and build a group as I find it is much faster then using the current LFG tool, although i do use it.

I myself find nothing wrong with it, but there are those like my brother who just don't bother because they have very limited playtime, and could not be bothered to manually find a group.

I don't know what the answer to this dilemia is, I could easily live without a LFD tool in this game at the moment, but I can forsee a year or two down the road, where the low lvl content never get's used for this very reason, as there won't be anywhere near the number of people in those area's as they are now.

/shrug people will play the game the way it's intended or they won't ...my money is on they won't use the current LFG tool as it IS pretty old school though.

I would like to know why this was moved from general to new player's help.

There are people who are level 50 that don't know about this feature.

Just because someone is trying to help people see the hidden and poorly designed lfg features this tool has is not cause to continually sabotage them. If you don't like it, bioware, make the tool easier to use.

Edited by artilleryshell

What about a LFM tool!

I almost exclusivly play tanks, and I have learned from experience it is far far far far far far better to LFM rather than LFG.

Typically I start with:

LFM {insert instance name}, Need healer PST!

Once I get a healer it changes to LFM {insert instance name}, Room for 2 DPS.

Maybe it is just me but I prefer to run my own groups, so I would love to be able to open the social window and use it to see people LFG. I have checked a couple times on my server (Krath, which was pre-launch) and I think I seen one person LFG, one time. The system is a failure and no amount of posts will change that.

People did not use these systems when they existed before (might have actually in EQ1 but that was 1997 for peet sake) I have no idea why BW thought all of the sudden they would now just because the background is blue =/

So someone in game answered my quesion, for any other newbs out there. You click on the bar very top very left. It will say location and population. example Balmorra:21 if you are in a guild it will also show how many people are online in your guild and what planet they are on. You click on that bar it will bring up a large window with several options, click on who tab and you can create a lfg comment, which will flag your player for lfg.