The number of buggs ruining gameplay reached the limit.Devs we need answer

omaan

Sorry but game have become unplayable because of many buggs which aren't getting fixed. Due to not being fixed they are commulated, collecting together and making game unplayable.....

I was playing ranked and we supposed to win since we killed enemy sentinel fast so we left 4vs3 and all our team had full hp. We were playing on mandalore arena and i needed to use Vent up panel to get up, and even if i knew it is bugged a bit (small lagg instead of flying up) i totally didn't expect that it...WILL KILL ME while i had full hp and no one even was on me (there wasn't any enemy even near me lol). i got this message when i died - https://imgur.com/RXzCdqZ

all my team thought i ruined the game on purpose, everyone left the game frustrated and mad...

How did such horrific buggs are not being fixed ASAP? They simply ruin gameplay

In few days my team lost because our merc used rocket out ability while enemy player rooted him so our merc bugged and could not MOVE AT ALL during all fight. his character was just twitching like under drugs or something but he could not move and everyone saw it....

So we are getting more and more serious buggs alongside with: bugged holotraverse which often teleport operative in 300 meteres ahead instead of teleporting it to an enemy operative used it, pt's jet pack popping but not working so pt still remains on same place he was, instant death bugg on any arena if someone jumps down and gets unlucky in the begining of the fight, instant death when sorc using phase walk for no reason (or reason we don't know), falling under textures on tatooine arena when jumping up from sand crater etc etc.

Don't forget about horrible Dsync which can't be removed due to core issues and small texture glitches which only put more oil in this hell. And i mentioned only buggs in arenas, i bet pve also has many (like bugged jindo krey's ship which is shown wrong in false emperor flash point etc).

Overall, i have one question, devs are you fixing SERIOUS BUGGS WHICH affect gameplay pretty hard and horrible?those bugg which just ruin the game totally? Minor buggs can wait but such terrible buggs must be fixed FAST.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t forget the air vents doing the same thing in Hutt ball and Vandin ball. Not to mention the bug that can either let you score a goal apon picking it up or kill you instantly (no enemy around with full health).

Even though the OP probably considers this a lesser bug, we still haven’t had any word or progress report about the gear bug dropping specific discipline sets for the incorrect class discipline.

It took 5 weeks for them to acknowledge this was a bug and ask for feed back and reports in the bug section. It is an official thread started by Musco 4-5 weeks ago. He has since gone afk and not come back to it. There was no fix in the 6.0.2 patch and we have no idea if they are listening to our feed back.

The question on everyone’s mind who has reported this bug is, “do they intend to fix it?” If so, “when do they intend to fix it?”

And my question is, “do I need to keep providing examples and feed back of this bug every time it happens?” Do they have enough evidence now to move forward with a fix or do they need more?

A simple post from Musco to say yay or nay for more feed back has been asked for. First I (we) were polite about it, now we are getting more and more frustrated and angry. It feels like they have totally ignored our feed back and the thread started by Musco in the bug section and it was just lip service to stop the 6 forum threads from continuing to keep the problem on the front page for everyone to see (out of sight, out of mind).

The really sad part of this situation is those threads started to appear straight after 6.0 launched and were full of posters reporting the bug. It took 5 weeks of these threads and then our “volunteer” tech support guy, Owen, must have seen them and joined the conversation. He checked and said it wasn’t even on the swtor teams internal bug board!

How could that even be possible if Musco was doing his job of providing player feed back and reports to the dev team? The answer is he wasn’t or just didn’t care.

The day after Owen got involved, Musco made his thread. Seems too much of a coincidence considering Owen does raids with Kieth and has an inside track to him. So I doubt Keith even knew before and had to tell Musco to do his job. Since then, Musco has done nothing again.

So Owen, if you are reading this. Please tell Keith that Musco has once again dropped the ball. Also merry Xmas.

I dont think you get enough credit from this community anymore because they moved your great support for this game to the EA help website and no one knows it’s you. So a BIG thank you for all the hard work you do as an unpaid “volunteer” providing this game with its ONLY tech support.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Don’t forget the air vents doing the same thing in Hutt ball and Vandin ball. Not to mention the bug that can either let you score a goal apon picking it up or kill you instantly (no enemy around with full health).

Even though the OP probably considers this a lesser bug, we still haven’t had any word or progress report about the gear bug dropping specific discipline sets for the incorrect class discipline.

It took 5 weeks for them to acknowledge this was a bug and ask for feed back and reports in the bug section. It is an official thread started by Musco 4-5 weeks ago. He has since gone afk and not come back to it. There was no fix in the 6.0.2 patch and we have no idea if they are listening to our feed back.

The question on everyone’s mind who has reported this bug is, “do they intend to fix it?” If so, “when do they intend to fix it?”

And my question is, “do I need to keep providing examples and feed back of this bug every time it happens?” Do they have enough evidence now to move forward with a fix or do they need more?

A simple post from Musco to say yay or nay for more feed back has been asked for. First I (we) were polite about it, now we are getting more and more frustrated and angry. It feels like they have totally ignored our feed back and the thread started by Musco in the bug section and it was just lip service to stop the 6 forum threads from continuing to keep the problem on the front page for everyone to see (out of sight, out of mind).

The really sad part of this situation is those threads started to appear straight after 6.0 launched and were full of posters reporting the bug. It took 5 weeks of these threads and then our “volunteer” tech support guy, Owen, must have seen them and joined the conversation. He checked and said it wasn’t even on the swtor teams internal bug board!

How could that even be possible if Musco was doing his job of providing player feed back and reports to the dev team? The answer is he wasn’t or just didn’t care.

The day after Owen got involved, Musco made his thread. Seems too much of a coincidence considering Owen does raids with Kieth and has an inside track to him. So I doubt Keith even knew before and had to tell Musco to do his job. Since then, Musco has done nothing again.

So Owen, if you are reading this. Please tell Keith that Musco has once again dropped the ball. Also merry Xmas.

I dont think you get enough credit from this community anymore because they moved your great support for this game to the EA help website and no one knows it’s you. So a BIG thank you for all the hard work you do as an unpaid “volunteer” providing this game with its ONLY tech support.

First they need to fix instant killing bugs in arenas/other warzones. Losing rating when ur team actually supposed to win but lost because one of your team mate died from a bugg is the worst experience in pvp since we all know how hard it is to get rating in this rankes mess...then they need to fix minor buggs and glitches which are not as futile as those i mentioned above but still making game experience worse. If they wont fix buggs which are most futile for gameplay we are doomed...pvp wont have future

First they need to fix instant killing bugs in arenas/other warzones. Losing rating when ur team actually supposed to win but lost because one of your team mate died from a bugg is the worst experience in pvp since we all know how hard it is to get rating in this rankes mess...then they need to fix minor buggs and glitches which are not as futile as those i mentioned above but still making game experience worse. If they wont fix buggs which are most futile for gameplay we are doomed...pvp wont have future

I don’t disagree. Those bugs are game breaking and should have someone working on them now for a patch before Xmas. But you and I know they won’t have it done by then.

The easiest solution till then would be to remove those maps from the pop rotation and when they come back, they can fix them, they can add them back into the rotation. That way everyones holiday play time isn’t ruined or people just decide to go play another game for the holidays till Bioware fix the bug.

That’s why the game is down to 2 US servers and losing more players all the time. Everytime people go play another game to wait on these bozo’s to fix something, half of them don’t come back,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thats terrible OP, im sorry to hear that.

I had my fair (more like unfair) share of bad experiences too. Huttball blew up in my face when i picked it up. I also got permanently stuck in place on my mando after rocket out, twitiching in place (stucked it, still couldnt move but atleast game was over few secs sooner so i didnt get booted).

Desync is just bloody terrible. I remember jumping to an operative that was rolling up a legde. I died instantly for 0 dmg cause i guess it tried to take me through the ledge? I dunno. Often there r invisible entities hitting me and i only sew a few secs later that a sin is trying to maul me to death.

I stealth CCed someone right outside a fire pit on huttball, when i try knocking them back into the fire, they appear BEHIND me. Whenever folks fall off, they zig zag in place for quite a while and there is no telling which way they r going, only for them to appear a mile and a half away once server catches up. Horrible gameplay, i have to wonder y im still subbed...

Not really a good thing to say. How would you feel about a comment like that if it was content you only played and it was game destroying?

Yeah problems start when people who's things are going good starting to criticise those who are trying to change something because their things aren't going smoothly. The issue is today pvp has big problems but there is no guarantee pve won't have such problems tomorrow..

Edited by omaan

I've been complaining about bugs for years. But one player will come into this forums and say they'd rather have the devs work on new content than bugs and Bioware will listen to them. The game's inundated with bugs: the worlds, the flashpoints, skills, our characters, the armor and weapons, pvp.... name it. But until Bioware believes the bugs outweigh new content and start hurting revenue, nothing will change.

I've been complaining about bugs for years. But one player will come into this forums and say they'd rather have the devs work on new content than bugs and Bioware will listen to them. The game's inundated with bugs: the worlds, the flashpoints, skills, our characters, the armor and weapons, pvp.... name it. But until Bioware believes the bugs outweigh new content and start hurting revenue, nothing will change.

I hear you and i bet everyone does. The problem is now the number of buggs is just overcoming and crossing the line...people in arenas scared to use certain abilities, stay in specific places to avoid instant death...yesterday i almost lost a ranked match on corellia square because i died in a bugged place which can be abused by everyone... not far from fountain near big gates there is a small corner and those who don't know how to stay there "properly" die from instant bugg...and thats what happened: 1/1 score in last round me and marauder from my team left alive with full hp against one alive enemy. It supposed to be an easy 2vs1 yet that guy went into that bugged corner and was just standing there spamming heals on himself. I went there too to finish him and....instant died....luckily my team mate marauder finished off that guy and we won but that was close and unfair. After the fight finished i asked that enemy guy what the heck was that and he told me about that "death corner place"....

Yeah problems start when people who's things are going good starting to criticise those who are trying to change something because their things aren't going smoothly. The issue is today pvp has big problems but there is no guarantee pve won't have such problems tomorrow..

Are you suggesting that PvE doesn't have any bugs?! 😮

But seriously folks, you PvP'ers seem to think that SWTOR revolves around PvP, but in essence, PvP should only be one aspect of the overall game. SWTOR is supposed to be an RPG, not an FPS.

I realize there may be problems with PvP, but it's annoying to PvE'ers when PvP stuff, especially "class balancing" and skill nerfs bleed over into PvE.

I can understand why some people playing SWTOR would like to do some PvP for grins, but I don't understand why people who only want to PvP don't just go and play Star Wars Battlefront (if it must be Star Wars) or just CoD or whatever FPS (or some MOBA).

Edited by JediQuaker

Not really a good thing to say. How would you feel about a comment like that if it was content you only played and it was game destroying?

People disagree on what content they like and what the devs should concentrate on and what not all the time. Not really an issue for me. I couldn't care less if PvP disappeared from this game personally as far as content type is concerned.

However, I will say that I'm not asking for it to happen because this game can't afford losing groups of customers anymore and so I'd rather have it stay. Of course the other guy wasn't asking for that either. Just gave his honest opinion and that's fair enough.

I've had plenty of times on these very forums that people wanted BW to stop putting resources into group content like raids telling people this is not the game for them if they wanted hard content etc. I disagreed with them of course but it didn't hurt my feelings as such, though I did find it frustrating that they wouldn't react to the point that chasing customers away might not be the best for the survival of this game. But they were literally asking for BW to stop making such content.

Neither of us here have asked for PvP to be pulled from the game or stop putting resources in it. To each their own. But there's nothing bad about expressing the opinion that we personally don't need PvP in this game.

Are you worried BW is going to listen to us two and do it? Sorry but we're not that important. Pretty sure I'm not in any case.

Wait until you do the new Op and see the Huntmaster reset in the middle of the fight 10x in a row weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And then, after you finally manage to get him to NOT bug out and the giant sandflea looking thing spawns, IT bugs out and resets the entire boss fight and you have to start all over YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. And hey how about the fact that TWO MONTHS after 6.0's release one of the Sin/Shadow tacticals still has the completely wrong description when you view it Pub side? Been confusing players for two months weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But hey, that Cartel stuff is looking good.

People disagree on what content they like and what the devs should concentrate on and what not all the time. Not really an issue for me. I couldn't care less if PvP disappeared from this game personally as far as content type is concerned.

However, I will say that I'm not asking for it to happen because this game can't afford losing groups of customers anymore and so I'd rather have it stay. Of course the other guy wasn't asking for that either. Just gave his honest opinion and that's fair enough.

I've had plenty of times on these very forums that people wanted BW to stop putting resources into group content like raids telling people this is not the game for them if they wanted hard content etc. I disagreed with them of course but it didn't hurt my feelings as such, though I did find it frustrating that they wouldn't react to the point that chasing customers away might not be the best for the survival of this game. But they were literally asking for BW to stop making such content.

Neither of us here have asked for PvP to be pulled from the game or stop putting resources in it. To each their own. But there's nothing bad about expressing the opinion that we personally don't need PvP in this game.

Are you worried BW is going to listen to us two and do it? Sorry but we're not that important. Pretty sure I'm not in any case.

You missed the point. He was purposely trying to inflame the OP and anyone else who cares about pvp with his post.

Which isn’t productive and causes friction between player types (which I’m sick of in these forms).

Bioware are the bad guys in 80% of cases but we are always fighting and baiting each other, when we should be putting pressure on Bioware for “everything bad” they do.

Regardless of the content, it affects the game’s health and reputation over all, which in turn affects us all.

He could have easily said, I don’t pvp, wow that’s sucks for you guys. Or it’s not happening in any pve content I play.

What he said might have seemed harmless, but it was bait and it’s done it’s job. I’m just calling it as I see it. A troll attempt.

Wait until you do the new Op and see the Huntmaster reset in the middle of the fight 10x in a row weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And then, after you finally manage to get him to NOT bug out and the giant sandflea looking thing spawns, IT bugs out and resets the entire boss fight and you have to start all over YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. And hey how about the fact that TWO MONTHS after 6.0's release one of the Sin/Shadow tacticals still has the completely wrong description when you view it Pub side? Been confusing players for two months weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But hey, that Cartel stuff is looking good.

Agreed. I personally don’t do OPs, but these game breaking bugs since 6,0 are just ridiculous and Bioware are totally silent on them all.

When will they do their bloody jobs and fix ****. And when will the community manager do his and communicate between us and the Dev team. Which goes both ways. Once he tells them (if he even is), he should find out when it will be fixed and report back. If he can’t tell us when it will be fixed, he should acknowledge they now know and are working on it. He should then check each week and report back to players on an update of when a fix should come (other games and community teams do this).

A community manager has lots of jobs, but the main one is in the title, manage the community. If he isn’t communicating on important issues, he isn’t managing community expectations or sentiment towards the dev team or keeping players informed. Which intern leads to player frustration and anger when it continues for too long. Eventually people’s patience runs out and they just unsub. So in a round about way, his lack lustre or even inability to full fill his role properly, is leading to some amount of players leaving the game. Which in turn is losing Bioware and EA money. In any other business that would be classified as incompetence or mismanagement and they would be removed from the position.

Bioware and EA obviously disagree (for what ever reason) or are just as incompetent if they can’t understand what’s happening.

The vents bug is really bad and needs to be fixed. Some of us tried to call Musco's atention to it but we got no reply. It's been reported in the bugs forums, pvp forum and general forum.

With that said, they didn't very much care and went on vacation. So, all we can do now is wait and hammer it again when they get back.

I sincerely hope they fix it cause the desync in pvp is already bad. Vents stucking your game and teleporting you, or not working or outright losing your character position and killing you is not really something i find in any way ok. The game already delays but this is outright broken. Can only hope the team hears and fixes it.

Also, that's not the only concerning aspect. There is a lack of organisation as the kai zaiken being turned around on the cut-scene on the fleet was fixed and the last patch brought it back.

I know there were so many bugs that they gave up, but it would be great to at least get end-game activities bug free.

Edited by Nemmar

The vents bug is really bad and needs to be fixed. Some of us tried to call Musco's atention to it but we got no reply. It's been reported in the bugs forums, pvp forum and general forum.

With that said, they didn't very much care and went on vacation. So, all we can do now is wait and hammer it again when they get back.

I sincerely hope they fix it cause the desync in pvp is already bad. Vents stucking your game and teleporting you, or not working or outright losing your character position and killing you is not really something i find in any way ok. The game already delays but this is outright broken. Can only hope the team hears and fixes it.

Also, that's not the only concerning aspect. There is a lack of organisation as the kai zaiken being turned around on the cut-scene on the fleet was fixed and the last patch brought it back.

I know there were so many bugs that they gave up, but it would be great to at least get end-game activities bug free.

And let’s not forget the gear bugs either. I got another off hand generator for my Arsenal Merc this week from the guild conquest box and a healing set bonus piece. One that physically can’t be equipped and the second that isn’t for my spec and I can’t use,

It took them 5 weeks to even acknowledge the bug. It’s now been another 5 weeks since then and haven’t fixed it or come back to report when it will be fixed.

I’m calling totally lack of caring and borderline incompetence because they are going to lose a bunch of new, retuning and old players over the holidays because of all these bugs and other rubbish changes in 6.0.

If that’s not incompetence, then I don’t know what is. Losing money and customers is the worst thing they could do when there is a new Star Wars movie out and this time of year is when the largest amount of people have time to play games.

Leads you to wonder if some individuals in Bioware are sabotaging the game. No one could be as dumb as these people. It seems to be the only logical reason for letting it start tanking after an expansion release, during the holidays and a new Star Wars movie release.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I know bugs are bad and everyone hates them, but it’s so much easier to add additional content than fix a bug. Adding new lines of game code to executing vs digging thru what I would guess are trillions of lines of code to find a single letter out of place or maybe a additional space where it shouldn’t be is very hard. I get it. They could spend months just trying to identify where an error is not even how to fix it.

And let’s not forget the gear bugs either. I got another off hand generator for my Arsenal Merc this week from the guild conquest box and a healing set bonus piece. One that physically can’t be equipped and the second that isn’t for my spec and I can’t use,

It took them 5 weeks to even acknowledge the bug. It’s now been another 5 weeks since then and haven’t fixed it or come back to report when it will be fixed.

I’m calling totally lack of caring and borderline incompetence because they are going to lose a bunch of new, retuning and old players over the holidays because of all these bugs and other rubbish changes in 6.0.

If that’s not incompetence, then I don’t know what is. Losing money and customers is the worst thing they could do when there is a new Star Wars movie out and this time of year is when the largest amount of people have time to play games.

Leads you to wonder if some individuals in Bioware are sabotaging the game. No one could be as dumb as these people. It seems to be the only logical reason for letting it start tanking after an expansion release, during the holidays and a new Star Wars movie release.

I don't think it helps anyone to be fatalistic about it. The game is still a fun game, and i think Onslaught was generally a good expansion. But it brought in lots of bugs and i want them to focus on fixing it before moving on.

Also the thing with bugs coming back, i don't know what it is. If it's desynch with the versions being worked, the engine or whatever. But it must be frustrating for the ones fixing bugs when they come back the next patch.

AKA i like Onslaught, i like new content. But i want the existing one to work properly before moving on.

But, i think it's something we said since launch and we are still here. It's such a shame cause the game really is fun to play. Just wish these bugs and delay issues in PvP got solved. Or you know, lets make SWTOR2 in a new engine or the normal hero engine and port the game over or start over, i dunno. Just, it gets frustrating to see the game break everywhere cause at it's root it's a game i love to play.

Edited by Nemmar

Are you suggesting that PvE doesn't have any bugs?! 😮

But seriously folks, you PvP'ers seem to think that SWTOR revolves around PvP, but in essence, PvP should only be one aspect of the overall game. SWTOR is supposed to be an RPG, not an FPS.

I realize there may be problems with PvP, but it's annoying to PvE'ers when PvP stuff, especially "class balancing" and skill nerfs bleed over into PvE.

I can understand why some people playing SWTOR would like to do some PvP for grins, but I don't understand why people who only want to PvP don't just go and play Star Wars Battlefront (if it must be Star Wars) or just CoD or whatever FPS (or some MOBA).

Almost every mmo has pvp: gw2, wow, lost arc etc. Both pvp and pve has its own buggs and ofc pvp players will complain about pvp buggs while pve players will complain about pve buggs so why you are so surprised? If pve buggs are not fixed create your thread about pve buggs why you complain here?

Misunderstanding between pvp and pve players can be fixed very easy - we make our own complain threads you make your own and don't interfere. If pvp players ask to nerf sin dps you pve players ask to add special buffs in pve content which buffing dps of certain classes who were nerfed because of pvp or make different gear for pvp and pve etc. Without co-existence swtor will die. Pve players leave = game dies so as if pvp players leave = game dies.

Misunderstanding between pvp and pve players can be fixed very easy - we make our own complain threads you make your own and don't interfere. If pvp players ask to nerf sin dps you pve players ask to add special buffs in pve content which buffing dps of certain classes who were nerfed because of pvp or make different gear for pvp and pve etc. Without co-existence swtor will die. Pve players leave = game dies so as if pvp players leave = game dies.

PvP players are always asking for this or that to be nerfed, which messes up PvE. Instead of nerfing, we need a proper balance that suits the greater consensus (let's face it, we're not going to please everyone) The problem with nerfing something is, next week, whatever is top, people will be calling for a nerf again. But if they actually tried to balance (if that's even possible) maybe there'd be more harmoney between the two.

Hate to burst your bubble but the game will survive without pvp players, there are more PvE players, and most of the ones that join , don't join for PvP. Not saying PvP isn't important to some people, just not game ending

I don't think it helps anyone to be fatalistic about it. The game is still a fun game, and i think Onslaught was generally a good expansion. But it brought in lots of bugs and i want them to focus on fixing it before moving on.

Also the thing with bugs coming back, i don't know what it is. If it's desynch with the versions being worked, the engine or whatever. But it must be frustrating for the ones fixing bugs when they come back the next patch.

AKA i like Onslaught, i like new content. But i want the existing one to work properly before moving on.

But, i think it's something we said since launch and we are still here. It's such a shame cause the game really is fun to play. Just wish these bugs and delay issues in PvP got solved. Or you know, lets make SWTOR2 in a new engine or the normal hero engine and port the game over or start over, i dunno. Just, it gets frustrating to see the game break everywhere cause at it's root it's a game i love to play.

You can only run onslaught story and dailies so many times before they become boring (8 Alts). It was good, but extremely short. Not really an expansion, more like a major patch.

Anyway, my point is once you’ve played the “good part”, you want to go back to doing other things you used to enjoy. The problem with that is now many of those things have unacceptable bugs and are preventing people from playing the content they played for years before Onslaught even came along.

So what are we left with now. A half broken system with changes that didn’t need to happen with a lot of things they did. Because every time they change one thing, they break two other completely unrelated things.

I’ve (we’ve) run Onslaught, the stories done. But can’t keep playing because of bugs in other areas. It doesn’t leave much room for people to find enjoyment in the rest of the game with these bugs. So we have 2 choices. Pester the crap out of Bioware to fix things or we unsub because we know they won’t.

I’ve not unsubbed yet and I’m going to go down fighting. I don’t plan to let these guys off the hook. I want them to fix it so I don’t have to leave. But they’ll probably ban me from the forums soon because I’m becoming too much of a pain in their butt or I’ll end up unsubbing. Either way, I don’t think they care at all if everyone unsubs. And I don’t think they will fix anything anytime soon, if at all. And if they do, it won’t be working properly till March or April.

I don’t think I’m being fatalistic, I’m being a realist. I’ve seen them do exactly the same things every major patch or expansion for 8 years. Sadly, this is the worst yet and I didn’t think they could make something worse than 5.0.