Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

frustrating missions!

Hakkology
04.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #11
What's wrong with having something challenging for once , something that forces you to use your 22 buttons instead of 4 ?

Come on, get real. Nothing worth having comes easy.
Hakko of the Red Eclipse ( Telekinetics Sage )

Tsillah
04.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #12
One hit kills?

Lemme guess you are level 52/53 in green gear?
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Acharial
04.16.2013 , 04:51 AM | #13
Personally I love the last boss in Makeb. I hope we get more of these!

Darth_Wicked
04.16.2013 , 04:56 AM | #14
When you get to level 50 or beyond without using interrupt on a regular basis, you're clearly doing something wrong. As a result, whatever you get, you deserve. Simple as that.

KhealThar
04.16.2013 , 05:00 AM | #15
I don't get why people want to be carried through content. How is that fun or rewarding? I think the makeb boss battles are a huge step in the right direction and I hope to see MORE.

You don't need to be a pro gamer to defeat these bosses, you just need to think, which isn't something that is common in modern games.

Still, the fights aren't even that hard.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Stoofa
04.16.2013 , 05:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by belhawk View Post
u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.
I think what you need to do is "rage quit" - that is step one. You cannot beat the enemy, so it's time to quit.

In future may I suggest console games. Many of these will have little codes you can enter for unlimited lives, unlimited health, god mode etc.
It does sound more your level.

Drudenfusz
04.16.2013 , 05:25 AM | #17
I am beginning to wonder why i continue to play this game.
the 1 hit kills for the knight & sorcerer chapter 3 end boss was VERY frustrating.
the same thing for the end boss for Makeb also.
now, i am on a mission where there is an electricity trap that can't be turned off and it is killing me multiple times.
i play this game for fun, NOT to be FRUSTRATED by BW being clever.
I died once at the end boss on makeb and once on the electric trap, then I start thinking and avoided dying. I enjoyed it, that I actually have to do something and not automatically win everything, so the challenge is part of my fun... it becomes only frustrating when the game is bugged or just bad (jumping is still terrible, but here is hope they will revisit the jumping physics one day).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

TheLordMagnus
04.16.2013 , 05:36 AM | #18
u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.
using ya brain to look around dont mean you are hard core lol
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

JPryde
04.16.2013 , 05:37 AM | #19
I would say, that the OP is a bit easy with applying the term "hardcore" player to people, who manage things that he doesn't.

The Makeb missions, the bionocular and seed missions and the 55 flashpoints are not to be done in sleepwalk mode like the old 50s were... but they are also not so hard, that the average player would become frustrated from them.

I consider myself a player, who spends more hours than average on this game, but I am nowhere close to "professional raiders".

Figuring out, that the makeb boss got a killer ability facing straight forward and that it will do zero damage, if you just walk around (or through) the mob, was not exactly rocket science.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

TheLordMagnus
04.16.2013 , 05:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBillion View Post
bellhawk I so so so much agree with you and other " im awesome at swtor " kids might pretend to think they can take on elite quest bosses ...maybe some 1% can ....but most people are with you ...and think this game is so focking over tuned it's not even funny .
this is buy far the easiest mmo i've ever played and i'm 40 so no i'm not one of these kids you refer to

learn how to play and look at the mechanics of a fight this game is a yawn until they make me think for a change rather then just use my rotation to kill a boss
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE