Please Help me DPS better.

Kujoman

Alright, my guardian knowledge is very limited so I will not go through your parse. But for others to help you it might be usefull to post the following info.

Your average gear rating (162, 168 etc).

Surge rating (not %)

Accuracy rating (not %)

Crit rating (not %)

Set bonus yes/no. If yes, which one(s) (the effect I mean).

Or create a askmrrobot.com (if that's the site, can't check now) profile. The reason for this is so people can guess your maximum performance on a dummy.

Another thing to note that your performance on a dummy does not equal your performance in an operation. So even if you 'only' hit 2.7k on a dummy, that does not mean you are not viable during an operation. Comparing your results with others in the same operation with fairly equal tasks is a better comparison.

However that does not mean that dummy stuff is useless, it does show people your rotation. So people can find improvements in there.

Hi Guys. I'm Thodurth. I've been dpsing ops and some HM ops for about a month, and I was hoping to find someone to help me do better.

I'm currently only parsecing about 2700. I want to do better.

http://www.torparse.com/a/689945/37/0/Damage+Dealt

Check the sticky guide at the top. Will explain most of your problems in greater ish detail as well as will help with gear.

First thing is master strike is only 28 percent of your damage. It needs to be 30 +. what this means is your rotation is not nearly as tight as it could be. Your APM is only 31 as well. It needs to be 35-36. Your usages on Blade Storm and Overhead Slash show an almost TWELVE SECOND delay between each on average. It needs to be 9. No excuses (I understand this is infact a 5 minute dummy parse and not a normal one with an execute, try doing one on the 1 million health dummy, but the timers are still way off)

Your plasma brand shows a 13.4 second delay, needs to be 12. Your Master Strike is being used once every 12.43 seconds. It could be used once every 10.5 seconds due to intersecting CDs.

Because of all these problems, your DPS as a whole is immensely delayed. I highly recommend you check my guide, as it has videos, parses, openers, and detailed rotation breakdown. Guide link in signature and sticky.

Unlike for classes with more longer rotation cycles that mean a boss rotation is completely different, Vig has a very short (12 second to 36 second rotation cycle for a full revolution), dummy parsing is significantly more important for vig to translate to a boss fight, simply because the mistakes you make on a dummy on accident are the exact same mistakes you will make on a boss, and parsing on a dummy allows you to practice these sorts of "Crash and Burn" scenarios and allow you to learn to adapt.

Gear wise, your crit percentage is obscenely low. Are you augmenting might augments? How much crit are you stacking? The ideal vigilance parse rounds out at about 30 percent real crit (NOT STAT, REAL crit). By Real crit I mean the percentage of attacks that actually crit in battle, not the rating or percentage on your statsheet.

Based on what I can see from Torparse, you could probably hit a 3k or more. It's not hard in Vig with some semblance of gear.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I don't know if it matters a lot, but that was my rotation without buffs. No stims either. I'll look over the guide tonight. I have been using dulfy so far.

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I don't know if it matters a lot, but that was my rotation without buffs. No stims either. I'll look over the guide tonight. I have been using dulfy so far.

First of all the dulfy guide is ****. Get your stims and buffs, and adrenals, that will help. It won't be astronomical though, you still have a way to go.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

You should be using Rydarus' Guide, it's probably the most well written guide for any class on the forums.

First of all the dulfy guide is ****. Get your stims and buffs, and adrenals, that will help. It won't be astronomical though, you still have a way to go.

Well, I used dulfy before I knew what I was doing. Now I know more and I'm using your guide. I've already noticed a slight gain by using your priority guide and rotation.

I know the buffs and stuff will help, but I really wanted a deep and hard look at my rotation, which you already gave me. Thanks again.

Well, I used dulfy before I knew what I was doing. Now I know more and I'm using your guide. I've already noticed a slight gain by using your priority guide and rotation.

I know the buffs and stuff will help, but I really wanted a deep and hard look at my rotation, which you already gave me. Thanks again.

Nw. Whenever you get the chance post in the thread with another parse. The dulfy guide has most of it right but the opening is finagly and the priority is off. It also fails to emphasize 100% BS uptime.