World First NO-Advanced Class Revanchist

New challenge for you...

Get tier one in pvp via any method possible.

Get 96 title too pls :rak_03:

This begs the question, if a Trooper/Bounty Hunter walks into ranked pvp, are they immediately the top of their 'class' because they are the only one?

This begs the question, if a Trooper/Bounty Hunter walks into ranked pvp, are they immediately the top of their 'class' because they are the only one?

Either this or you'll receive no top title at all, because it's not intended. But I like the idea :D

Ahh, the titled implied that the entire group was without an Advanced Class. This makes sense!

I actually thought through that for a while, and it's literally impossible. Not like, a significant challenge, but actually impossible. If no one has an advanced class, then you have no healers. You also have no taunts. You also have no healers. :-) The lack of cleanses alone would mean death within the first 30-40 seconds.

I actually thought through that for a while, and it's literally impossible. Not like, a significant challenge, but actually impossible. If no one has an advanced class, then you have no healers. You also have no taunts. You also have no healers. :-) The lack of cleanses alone would mean death within the first 30-40 seconds.

Alright, assuming you'd have two tanks and two heals, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to beat the core dps check?

Alright, assuming you'd have two tanks and two heals, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to beat the core dps check?

If he was only doing 90-100k on the core, then no you would not. Remember, Bounty Hunters get Hydraulics in the base class! It's relatively reasonable to assume that they get the commensurate higher uptime during the burn phase. Other base classes would have lower Core damage, even though the other base classes have generally better baseline abilities. Even with four BHs, 400k damage isn't even a quarter of the damage that needs to be dealt by the DPS corps in an 8 man group.

Even two AC-less players would probably be too much of a load (though I would be very impressed to be proven wrong). I mean, groups with sorc healers have gone above 100 stacks, which gives you quite a bit of leeway, but even if your other two DPS and your tanks are all Powertechs, I'm not sure that 100 stacks is enough time to negate the effect of two 100k damage dealers. You're talking about 700k damage on the core which needs to be picked up by the other two DPS and the tanks, and that's just… a lot. I guess maybe your tanks can take on another 100k a piece (it's relatively easy to pick up 50k) if they're really pro, which leaves 250k for each DPS. So you're talking about two DPS doing 700k+ to the core (each), two tanks doing 250k a piece, the healers getting about 70-80k each (maybe more, since it's a long burn), and then your two AC-less players doing 200k between them. I guess that's not impossible, it's just really bloody difficult.

Edited by KeyboardNinja