Bring TUMULT to warzone please, and be FAIR about FORCE WAVE.

NoaFlux

Empire can use lightening all the time...but my Force Wave only works on certain people? That's downright wrong. I admit I have to do a bit more research on this, maybe you could fill me in.

As far as Tumult though, that must be included. It is very annoying when Bioware leaves something out that should be in. This is a great example. Having conditions on Tumult are fine, but not being able to use it at all? That's wrong. It's also unrealistic.

There is really no excuse, it's not realistic at all that I can use it in one place and not the other. It's just that simple. Even if a character is strong enough to block it or damper it I should be able to do it.

Some options;

1. Tumult should knock over to the ground Heavy Armor and Medium Armor types and knock far back Light Armor.

2. Tumult should just take out less energy for larger people, and more for smaller.

AGAIN SOMEONE CAN DO LIGHTENING ATTACK'S ETC ALL THEY WANT AND I CAN'T DO FORCEWAVE (on some people) or TUMULT? Come on the Republic barely ever wins anyway. I

Edited by NoaFlux

Regarding tumult, every class has certain abilities that are not working in PvP due to balance issues. Some have even two.

*edit* usually Big hitters that can only be used on stunned/incaped mobs and scale to the difficulty of them.

Edited by Twor

Quite like ur tumult idea but, the inquis is the same as the sage, only some of the animations give an advantage to inquis over the sage. Force wave works the same but some classes such as guardian and gunslinger have immunity to knockback at the push of a button on cool down. Otherwise it's because their resolve is full (white bar next their portrait)

Thanks!! That info helps! It's nice to know that it's fair on both sides, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't make it possible for all of us (w/Tumult and those other moves...) .There's no reason it can't be there, if adjustments need to be made first great! But ultimately it will make things fun for all of us! Bioware works very hard. I won't be surprised if they do this.

*I have read in a couple places that Bioware is considering bringing Tumult in!!

Edited by NoaFlux

On class balance across factions, yeah there are issues but at some point they will be fixed hopefully.

On the abilities that only affect NPCs i cant understand why people are suprised by this, most of your abilities have different factions depending on target, its also on par with the whole weak minded and force persuade idea. You may feel cheated that you cant use a pve perk in pvp but well its a pve perk, leave it at that.

On the knockback idea, you may have noticed that all physics emanate only from the body of the caster, thats partly for balance and party due to programming issues, if you have a powertech/vanguard or a shadow/assassin and used their pull skills you will very fast notice how they can be extremely problematic and fail to do their job a lot of the time due to a wierd angled object however minor. Possible though the tech is there as evident by guardian force push, although its single targeted and with a very small range.

Thanks!! That info helps! It's nice to know that it's fair on both sides, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't make it possible for all of us (w/Tumult and those other moves...) .There's no reason it can't be there, if adjustments need to be made first great! But ultimately it will make things fun for all of us! Bioware works very hard. I won't be surprised if they do this.

*I have read in a couple places that Bioware is considering bringing Tumult in!!

No. Every class has these abilities and they are designed purely for PvE. I don't think any class has a shortage of attacks where they feel the need for more buttons to press in PvP. It's fine the way it is right now, with these high-damage attacks working great in PvE and being left out of PvP (as they should be). You're not the first person to bring this up, and you probably won't be the last. But it was a bad idea before and it will be a bad idea again -- these are PvE abilities and they work fine for what they are meant to do.

• 3 months later...
Regarding tumult, every class has certain abilities that are not working in PvP due to balance issues. Some have even two.

*edit* usually Big hitters that can only be used on stunned/incaped mobs and scale to the difficulty of them.

This ^

In PvE, these attacks usually require the target to be incapacitated, and are very powerful abilities with a long CD. In a game with this much CC, it would not bode well in PvP. The TTK is already pretty low, so adding in nuke attacks while stunned would really tick people off. Leaving these abilities out is one of the few things BioWare actually did right in relation to PvP.

Tumult would be a great addition to sorcerors and sages. Probably mercs as well. If any leaper knew they might eat a 5k crit, they might think twice about serially farming ranged classes.

However, DPS ops have the same skill, as do Pyros and, I think, Assassins. If these all became usable in warzones, you'd find yourself killed in one stun an awful lot.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

As far as Tumult though, that must be included. It is very annoying when Bioware leaves something out that should be in. This is a great example. Having conditions on Tumult are fine, but not being able to use it at all? That's wrong. It's also unrealistic.

I have been asking for it since 1.2 dropped (http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4014696).

4. Lock “Tumult” to Sage/Sorc only, unlock “Tumult” so we can use it against other players and buff “Tumult” 50%, increase the CD on “Tumult” to 90 sec, and keep the incapacitated requirement as is on “Tumult”: Whew!!! It’s a lot, but did I mention changes to “Tumult” are long overdue. I mean seriously. We already have limited attacks (as some call us “one-button wonders”). Why not open us up to more melee, if the range is eliminated. This could be our “Neo, matrix style, nuke” but it still would require a stunned opponent and good timing to connect (saying a breaker is available to the opponent and they are willing to use it).

It makes a ton of sense. It would take some rework to not allow shads/sins to have it, but Tumult should be our single target nuke, and FIB/DF should be our AoE nuke.

The TTK is already pretty low, so adding in nuke attacks while stunned would really tick people off.

Don't this happen already? Like a 5k SMA/SWE, 6k+ MS/RAV, 5k DIS, etc etc. When ur stunned you will eat those.....

Tumult would be a great addition to sorcerors and sages. Probably mercs as well. If any leaper knew they might eat a 5k crit, they might think twice about serially farming ranged classes.

However, DPS ops have the same skill, as do Pyros and, I think, Assassins. If these all became usable in warzones, you'd find yourself killed in one stun an awful lot.

Would also be nice if you realized you'd be eating two 5k crits (^_^") We have two of those PvE skills (n_n) Well ... Sentinels do ... So I guess it's okay.

They need to create this as a new ability:

Can only be used on (non-player) Weak enemies under 30% health. Channeled: 2sec

-You channel the force to manifest as bright, blinding light. This light causes the targeted weak enemy to instantly become blind, reducing their accuracy and defense by 50%.

(See...I can make really cool yet really lame combat abilities too!)

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I think damage is already really high as it is and adding tumult would turn PvP, for healers especially, into a nightmare.

If it is going to be added into PvP, better not give it to the classes that already have really good damage and finishers.

It is not rare to see a warrior hitting for 6000+. :cool:

Well now that our four-second stun has been reduced from 30 to 10 meters making Tumult available in PvP is an interesting notion.

Plus I hear the animation is an awesome roundhouse kick. ;)

It is an awesome roundhouse kick, and I was very disappointed when I first went into PvP thinking it was going to be sweet using a spinning kick on people.

It is true this is a bit of an OP ability to have in PvP, but the animation of it is so cool that you would think they could reduce the damage dealt when used on players ( Doesn't seem like a difficult work a round ). It just cracks me up that one of our coolest looking animated abilities can not be used in PvP.

Edited by SyphonSith