Please Make Collector's Edition Imperial Trooper Armor Available to All on CM

arunav

It's been so many years CE owners have had this as an exclusive, and other pricy exclusive things, like the HK chapter, or general one-time-only subscriber rewards have come back.

The CE Imperial trooper armor is a unique set and should be available to everybody by now. It's been limited to CE owners since December 2011. That's plenty of time, considering what's mentioned above about other "exclusive" rewards and items.

It's been so many years CE owners have had this as an exclusive, and other pricy exclusive things, like the HK chapter, or general one-time-only subscriber rewards have come back.

The CE Imperial trooper armor is a unique set and should be available to everybody by now. It's been limited to CE owners since December 2011. That's plenty of time, considering what's mentioned above about other "exclusive" rewards and items.

NO. The CE edition is a physical product people paid a lot of money for at preorder, and not a sub reward or digital version - HUGE DIFFERENCE. Just gross. Next you'll be wanting the preorder crystal and the founders title.

NO. The CE edition is a physical product people paid a lot of money for at preorder, and not a sub reward or digital version - HUGE DIFFERENCE. Just gross. Next you'll be wanting the preorder crystal and the founders title.

The HK chapter cost more than $100.

If you bought the CE, you were more than fairly compensated with everything it came with. One digital armor set isn't necessary to be kept exclusive to the tiniest fraction of players that still log in to SWTOR.

Pre-order crystal is fine with me to give away.

Founders title wouldn't make sense for anyone that wasn't here at launch.

If you bought the CE, you were more than fairly compensated with everything it came with. One digital armor set isn't necessary to be kept exclusive to the tiniest fraction of players that still log in to SWTOR.

So what? Says you! Rationalizing the HK Bonus chapter sub reward, that players got free with their subscription, isn't the green light to open the flood gates for content that was tied to PHYSICAL products. Common sense seems that preorder stuff, should be for those who actually preordered - still plenty of those players around. I completely disagree with everything you wrote/ misconstrued.

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

I got it for free.

I know that sounds inflammatory, but read on.

I had already decided to remain subscribed during that time so that I could play the chapters of KotFE as they released, so the fact that they added an extra thing on top without charging me extra was a bonus.

Yes, I know that some folks stayed subscribed solely to get it, and I guess you could say they paid the equivalent of just about exactly $100 for it, less if they subscibed in larger blocks. (Exactly $100 because it was six months and 21 days, about six and two thirds, that you had to cover, and six and two thirds times $15 is $100.)

However, to buy it now, you only have to pay for 3800 CCs, which is a lot less than $100.

It isn't necessary to offer it up for everyone either.

There is, however, a separate debate about adding a paid-for (that is, with actual money, not CCs) digital-only CE upgrade, as some other MMORPGs do, small unknown ones that nobody's ever heard of, like Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. As I said, small unknown ones that nobody's ever heard of.

That said, there are still *real* CE boxes available, and not all of them cost hundreds of dollars from dodgy folks on eBay. I just bought one (arrived on Saturday) from a guy on Amazon, of the type "Sold By Vendor, Shipped By Amazon". That second part builds confidence. Including "I want it delivered specifically on Saturday" shipping, it cost me 86 euros ($95 or a bit less). It was still fully sealed, including all the bits (Darth M, Gnost-Dural book, star map, etc. and an unused code.

And a physical security key.

I've been thinking about this one too lately after they finally gave up the ghost on the argument and released the HK chapter. I can see why they don't but I'm honestly shocked that they haven't. I suspect that it is not just out of respect for the CE purchasers but more along the lines of not having a proper way to release it in a fair manner that would not outrage a whole slew of players who have it. I'm pretty confident that is why they have only put out close copies like the Makeb and Shocktrooper sets. That all being said with the amount of people requesting an "Anri" set (mostly for the googles) I wouldn't be surprised to see a CM release of that in the near future. Keep in *mind* though on CM releases they take off all the insignias "so they can be cross-faction" just like they did with the Havoc Squad set. So you might get something that looks the same but isn't the same. Who knows...

I've been thinking about this one too lately after they finally gave up the ghost on the argument and released the HK chapter. I can see why they don't but I'm honestly shocked that they haven't. I suspect that it is not just out of respect for the CE purchasers but more along the lines of not having a proper way to release it in a fair manner that would not outrage a whole slew of players who have it.

See my post above. All it takes to defuse that outrage (as much as anyone can defuse Internet outrage) is to make it a webstore purchase, similar to the Digital Upgrade thing, that doesn't have the physical objects (no DM statue(1), no Gnost-Dural journal, no soundtrack CD, etc.), but has just the digital stuff including access to the vendor. Pricing is a bit arbitrary, but should obviously be less than the price of the physical CE and more than the price of the DU.

There is, in the MMORPG genre, precedent for this - see the cited examples of current well-known MMORPGs that have such a thing. No, by the way, you can't buy the *physical* CE of GW2 today, with the Rytlock statue and all, but you can get the in-game resources.

I'm pretty confident that is why they have only put out close copies like the Makeb and Shocktrooper sets.

Probably.

^-1, Not Signed and [Opposed]. $100: Really?! Funny, I got mine free w/ a sub. And 3300 cartel coins is [[far]]] from $100. All I see is more shameless ENCROACHMENT on preorder/ CE stuff of all things!!! [R] ******* kidding me?! I called this months ago, the bonus chapter is going to be twisted around^ (*see ridiculous OP) to reach for the preorder stuff: absolutely horrid, BioWare.

We're not falling for it, OP:rolleyes:

Edited by Willjb

So what? Says you! Rationalizing the HK Bonus chapter sub reward, that players got free with their subscription, isn't the green light to open the flood gates for content that was tied to PHYSICAL products. Common sense seems that preorder stuff, should be for those who actually preordered - still plenty of those players around. I completely disagree with everything you wrote/ misconstrued.

All suggestions here are "says you" statements. They are suggestions from individual subscribers we believe would be best for the general population.

In this case, we're discussing the Collector's Edition of the launch game. For those of us who were around then and since, we've witnessed all the changes and ups and downs SWTOR has gone through. It's fair to say the game that was envisioned at launch didn't come to pass, but something really great has still been offered to fans of Star Wars and the Old Republic era in particular over the years by BioWare and EA.

In many ways, the Collector's Edition you own is for a game that no longer exists. There are people who bought the Deluxe Edition, also a physical item, and the digital extras that came with it were given away for $5 after F2P was implemented. For the Collector's Edition, I understand it's a sensitive topic, especially the vendor (though people asking for updates to that seem to have left or given up), but consider what is being proposed. You still have all the physical contents from the package that make it unique and worth collecting. What I'm suggesting is either the digital Imperial Trooper armor set be made available for all players, or a slightly re-worked version using the same model, perhaps one that works well with the dye system that has since been developed, on the Cartel Market.

Particularly with the latter option, you still have your "unique" launch-era set. Consider that as a total of the entire population of SWTOR players and subscribers, the CE owners left make up the tiniest of fractions. The Imperial Trooper armor is a look that is worthwhile to many in the total population of players, either for those who want to use it during certain portions of class stories, or in the RP community (I'm not sure about how the latter works, but no doubt a trooper armor set would likely be handy).

You're right that once the HK chapter was made available, it would open the door to other "exclusive" items potentially being offered. I stay subscribed to SWTOR because I find it worthwhile to do so. But had most players during the KotFE-era, we likely would have had the entire Zakuul story, instead of it being cut in half and brought to a quick close with the 9 chapters in KotET. At approximately a $100 cost, that chapter and its exclusive companion, Z0-0M, were something unique for players that stuck with the game. BW made the decision to offer it to everyone after a time, and frankly, I don't mind, as now everyone gets to experience that great chapter and have Z0-0M, as long as they pay a fee.

I see no reason the same shouldn't be done with a digital armor set that had previously been exclusive to CE owners. Nobody is asking for BW to make new Malgus statues, or art books, or the other things that came with the CE available to all players at a price (though there would probably be enough who would still buy them to turn a profit). Those are yours as a CE owner long after the game will be taken down. Instead, my suggestion is to make a digital armor set, or a new version that is essentially identical, available to all players for a price while SWTOR is still online to enjoy.

I don't understand the mentality that wants to deny people that opportunity for further immersion and enjoyment in the game environment. It's an armor set that will be 9 years old later this year. I guess we just have different ways of looking at what is made available to players and why. I was never among those that thought the HK chapter and its companion should have been kept exclusive to folks who stayed subscribed in 2016.

SWTOR's only here for a limited amount of years, most of them likely in the past. You've had sole access to a trooper armor set for almost a decade. Consider letting your fellow players share in the enjoyment of accessing it. I've been a subscriber since the launch days too. The color crystal from back then should be made available to everyone (though I doubt many would actually use it). I've never really used the "Founder" title, but, again, I don't think that makes any sense to offer now, since it actually is directly tied to the early days of the game. Imperial trooper armor, on the other hand, is still a basic part of what NPCs wear even in very recent content on the Imperial side.

That's my 3 cents. Disagree if you'd like, but I think you're being unreasonable in your viewpoint.

Edited by arunav

What I'm suggesting is either the digital Imperial Trooper armor set be made available for all players, or a slightly re-worked version using the same model, perhaps one that works well with the dye system that has since been developed, on the Cartel Market.

Can I persuade you (or someone else that isn't *me*) to address the idea of a digital-only CE upgrade option that would give players who pay for it (put it in the SWTOR Web Store, obviously, like the Digital Deluxe Upgrade is) access to all those digital assets?

Please?

Particularly with the latter option, you still have your "unique" launch-era set. Consider that as a total of the entire population of SWTOR players and subscribers, the CE owners left make up the tiniest of fractions.

There are, indeed, not many, although on Saturday, their number got *bigger* by one. (Er, one that I know of, because that one was me.)

The Imperial Trooper armor is a look that is worthwhile to many in the total population of players, either for those who want to use it during certain portions of class stories, or in the RP community (I'm not sure about how the latter works, but no doubt a trooper armor set would likely be handy).

It's probably more useful for RPers than class stories, since there is approximately one planet's-worth of one class story (Corellia/Agent) where there is any relevance to looking like an Imp trooper.

At approximately a $100 cost, that chapter and its exclusive companion, Z0-0M, were something unique for players that stuck with the game

As noted, for those of us who stuck around and kept our subscriptions going because we were going to do that anyway, it was free, because the six months and 21 days of subscription necessary were paid-for anyway, so getting the mission involved paying nothing more than the cost of the sub time that we were paying anyway. (It didn't cost *extra*. It only cost $100 if you subbed or stayed subbed solely to get it.)

I see no reason the same shouldn't be done with a digital armor set that had previously been exclusive to CE owners.

I see no reason why it *should* be done, either.

Instead, my suggestion is to make a digital armor set, or a new version that is essentially identical, available to all players for a price while SWTOR is still online to enjoy.

And my suggestion is to make it and the other CE digital assets available for a real price (a price in CCs is essentially free for some people), in the same way that other big-name MMORPGs make theirs available in digital-only format.

That's my 3 cents. Disagree if you'd like, but I think you're being unreasonable in your viewpoint.

I disagree, but in a different way that I believe is reasonable.

All suggestions here are "says you" statements. They are suggestions from individual subscribers we believe would be best for the general population.

In this case, we're discussing the Collector's Edition of the launch game. For those of us who were around then and since, we've witnessed all the changes and ups and downs SWTOR has gone through. It's fair to say the game that was envisioned at launch didn't come to pass, but something really great has still been offered to fans of Star Wars and the Old Republic era in particular over the years by BioWare and EA.

In many ways, the Collector's Edition you own is for a game that no longer exists. There are people who bought the Deluxe Edition, also a physical item, and the digital extras that came with it were given away for $5 after F2P was implemented. For the Collector's Edition, I understand it's a sensitive topic, especially the vendor (though people asking for updates to that seem to have left or given up), but consider what is being proposed. You still have all the physical contents from the package that make it unique and worth collecting. What I'm suggesting is either the digital Imperial Trooper armor set be made available for all players, or a slightly re-worked version using the same model, perhaps one that works well with the dye system that has since been developed, on the Cartel Market.

Particularly with the latter option, you still have your "unique" launch-era set. Consider that as a total of the entire population of SWTOR players and subscribers, the CE owners left make up the tiniest of fractions. The Imperial Trooper armor is a look that is worthwhile to many in the total population of players, either for those who want to use it during certain portions of class stories, or in the RP community (I'm not sure about how the latter works, but no doubt a trooper armor set would likely be handy).

You're right that once the HK chapter was made available, it would open the door to other "exclusive" items potentially being offered. I stay subscribed to SWTOR because I find it worthwhile to do so. But had most players during the KotFE-era, we likely would have had the entire Zakuul story, instead of it being cut in half and brought to a quick close with the 9 chapters in KotET. At approximately a $100 cost, that chapter and its exclusive companion, Z0-0M, were something unique for players that stuck with the game. BW made the decision to offer it to everyone after a time, and frankly, I don't mind, as now everyone gets to experience that great chapter and have Z0-0M, as long as they pay a fee.

I see no reason the same shouldn't be done with a digital armor set that had previously been exclusive to CE owners. Nobody is asking for BW to make new Malgus statues, or art books, or the other things that came with the CE available to all players at a price (though there would probably be enough who would still buy them to turn a profit). Those are yours as a CE owner long after the game will be taken down. Instead, my suggestion is to make a digital armor set, or a new version that is essentially identical, available to all players for a price while SWTOR is still online to enjoy.

I don't understand the mentality that wants to deny people that opportunity for further immersion and enjoyment in the game environment. It's an armor set that will be 9 years old later this year. I guess we just have different ways of looking at what is made available to players and why. I was never among those that thought the HK chapter and its companion should have been kept exclusive to folks who stayed subscribed in 2016.

SWTOR's only here for a limited amount of years, most of them likely in the past. You've had sole access to a trooper armor set for almost a decade. Consider letting your fellow players share in the enjoyment of accessing it. I've been a subscriber since the launch days too. The color crystal from back then should be made available to everyone (though I doubt many would actually use it). I've never really used the "Founder" title, but, again, I don't think that makes any sense to offer now, since it actually is directly tied to the early days of the game. Imperial trooper armor, on the other hand, is still a basic part of what NPCs wear even in very recent content on the Imperial side.

Your opinion is <bent> around rationalization that somehow you are entitled to something you don't deserve. The CE vendor content IS part of the Collector's Edition - hence the "CE' in "CE Vendor", sorry that doesn't process for you for some reason. Furthermore, $100 is more like free with sub - it's quite warped how that gets skewed, along with objectivity, when there are things someone wants that they know they aren't entitled to. "Preorder crystal" = for "Preorder" - common sense stuff - but you threw your objectivity right out the airlock because you just want this stuff and you don't care how you get it. I want the [black-Blue Striated] color crystal from an earlier Ranked PvP season, but you don't see me on here crying and demanding and skewing facts and feeling entitled that I should have it - although it makes a lot more sense to bring the pvp color crystals back for easier access/ low cost. I can - generously - agree to a modified version of the trooper suit and and different shade of yellow for a NEW black-[pale] yellow, for example, BUT it must be for NEW CONTENT, <NOT> giving away everything exclusive of beta player/ founder members. More than reasonable here, but if you can't even meet me & founding players AND preorderers halfway - who there are PLENTY OF - AND WE DON'T HAVE TO CATER TO YOU! and your warped imposed demands, you're deluding yourself and thinking you can just walk all over CE Owners AND Preoderers while making a reach for something you KNOW is WRONG.

Edited by BlackSilverDawn