What did they do to ravage?

Fallen_Dragon

I just care about its damage.

If bw reduces its damage very much, this means killing maras/juggs especially vengeance and carnage.

Hope they did not (or little damage nerf) or i will stop playing this game immediately.

I have 7 lv65 chars, just one of them is sniper, others mara/sent/jugg/guard.

We are going to see a DPS and mobility increase for both Juggs and maras. With the change to an instant ability rather then a channel, that is another attack you can get into those 3 seconds. My question is did BW take into count that Carnage Mara is going to be *********** nuts during a berserk gore window. Max spike dmg for a Carnage mara atm is a berserk gore ravage with a Devastating Blast with procs. Now that warriors don't have to channel ravage I have a strong feeling a skilled mara is going to be able to sneak another heavy hitting attack like vicious throw with a proc in there. That is going to be a massive spike dmg. In before the massive nerf to warriors everywhere because BW didn't take that into account. Also RIP one of the nicest animations in the game.

We are going to see a DPS and mobility increase for both Juggs and maras. With the change to an instant ability rather then a channel, that is another attack you can get into those 3 seconds. My question is did BW take into count that Carnage Mara is going to be *********** nuts during a berserk gore window. Max spike dmg for a Carnage mara atm is a berserk gore ravage with a Devastating Blast with procs. Now that warriors don't have to channel ravage I have a strong feeling a skilled mara is going to be able to sneak another heavy hitting attack like vicious throw with a proc in there. That is going to be a massive spike dmg. In before the massive nerf to warriors everywhere because BW didn't take that into account. Also RIP one of the nicest animations in the game.

Don't worry about that - its damage is nerfed to less than the first two ticks of the old one

Yeah.

Now Ravage can be re-named into "Wet noodle".

In my humble opinion, Bioware tryed (in their special manner) to balance Rage and Vengeance.

Just look at this:

-Damn, Rage is not perfoming well enough compare to Vengeance! What should we do?!

-Umm... Let's nerf core ability for Vengeance.

-BRILLIANT!!!

Ravage/Blade Barrage is just so pathetic now... almost every other ability in the rotation out damages it. Impale/Overhead Slash, Shatter/Plasma Brand (counting the DoT), Hew/Whirling Blade (formerly Vicious Throw/Dispatch), Force Scream/Blade Storm... Hell, even a good crit on Saber Throw is better! And at least that has range!

WTH, Bioware? Why would you do this to us?

Yeah.

Now Ravage can be re-named into "Wet noodle".

In my humble opinion, Bioware tryed (in their special manner) to balance Rage and Vengeance.

Just look at this:

-Damn, Rage is not perfoming well enough compare to Vengeance! What should we do?!

-Umm... Let's nerf core ability for Vengeance.

-BRILLIANT!!!

I really miss it - two ravages back to back (with reset) used to be scary in PvP. But now it's just a meh... :(

I'm hoping someone can explain these changes to me? I played when the game first came out, and I stopped a few weeks in and recently came back about a month ago. I was having fun with a Juggernaut and Guardian, both Vengeance/vigilance. So, clearly I'm not an expert in this.

I was marginally able to tank smaller things before, and when I used the group finder people would complain if I wanted to be DPS because supposed Jugg/Guardian DPS was mediocre. As far as I can tell with the changes, my DPS has gone down because the new ravage/blade barrage is a lot worse and I lost Soresu form, so I basically can't tank either.

I don't get the changes. Ravage went from an ability that was situationally good, to an ability that's just bad. Maybe if I completely ran out of other things and I was out of rage it might make sense, but that never happens.

What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Wraeththu

I actually really like the animation. Though I'm thinking of the Blade Barrage version. It's something that I can picture my Jedi doing. I always had little irks with the animations for Master Strike and Ravage anyway (I never liked the "turn your body around and do a backstab" thing that Master Strike does).

The "idea" of it is a step in the right direction since we no longer have to worry about standing still for 2.5 seconds as melee combatants. It's just going to be a matter of how it balances out as a whole.

Ugh just this morning I realised our AOE Vigilant Thrust does more damage then Blade Barrage does.....what the hell Bioware?

After all this time, my inner idiot still giggles at the Vigilant Thrust ability name...

On-topic, I dislike the Ravage/BB change. Used to be a high risk, high reward ability with some psychological effect on the enemy players. Previously a high point in fights, now it's a simple filler/root.

Very disappointed in this regard.

After all this time, my inner idiot still giggles at the Vigilant Thrust ability name...

:D

On-topic, I dislike the Ravage/BB change. Used to be a high risk, high reward ability with some psychological effect on the enemy players. Previously a high point in fights, now it's a simple filler/root.

Well, I do like the fact that it's no longer a channel. But the damage nerf was just too much. A nerf on it to compensate for the additional fillers this allows, okay. But they overdid it, like they always do when it comes to nerfs/buffs.

I really miss it - two ravages back to back (with reset) used to be scary in PvP. But now it's just a meh... :(

Not really. It was one of the easiest abilities to shut down, because people were expecting you to use it, and it was vulnerable to stuns and knock-backs, because it was so slow. Now you can use it on the move, still root people, and use it quite frequently if you spec into vengeance.

I consider this a major buff in pvp, but sort of useless in Rage spec.

But I will agree, the animation is ****.

Edited by cool-dude

Not really. It was one of the easiest abilities to shut down, because people were expecting you to use it, and it was vulnerable to stuns and knock-backs, because it was so slow. Now you can use it on the move, still root people, and use it quite frequently if you spec into vengeance.

I consider this a major buff in pvp, but sort of useless in Rage spec.

But I will agree, the animation is ****.

Nah not in regs, at least not in my playtime. Maybe i was lucky who knows. :D

Edited by Glower

The spec is perfect rn, don't touch.

Cool! Looking forward to your new guide when it comes out.

Although I'll likely never be a competitive parser, knowing that there *is* a correct rotation or two to shoot for makes the game a lot more fun.

:csw_bluesaber: