Duo coming back

Tricare

Hi, I reposted here because majority class questions.

So i am in a MMO rut and have been bouncing around a lot. Did some inner soul searching and ended up here! One of the main reasons is the 8/16 man operations (raids). My second best raiding experience was 10 man heroic content in WoW. (During WOTLK). Not comparing the two because I can't but my end goal is to play in a guild that does at-least 8 man content (hardmode style). With that said..I saw they are coming out with a nightmare mode for the War machine zone but my question is how often are they bringing out Operations? With the upcoming patch bringing out an extreme mode (good stuff) ...how big of a gap is it normally between raids. 6 Months? 1 Year?

Second question. Which DPS class is considered one of the easiest to play. My play-style is about usually hitting abilities as they come off cool-down. I don't prefer classes that have to add stacks to a boss before you use a "spending" action. So not looking for a combo system...more of a I have "mana" I use mana kinda dps class. If that makes sense? I don't like to manage 5 Dots and 4 debuffs to maximize DPS. (debuffs are fine as long as I can just use it off cooldown in my rotation). Hope that makes sense.

I also might play a tank and curious which tank is considered best currently in War machine. I have a ranged Vanguard tank thats around 40 but nothing I am super committed too. How are they for raiding atm?

My wife normally likes to heal...which healer is needed/wanted for raids atm ...and which is considered decent at solo/duo offensive content.

We dont plan to PVP and don't care if we are light or dark!

Last question. Anything we should focus on as we level up? Any must buys off the store? Plan to take this game serious for the next year or so while get a grasp on everything! Thanks

Hi, I reposted here because majority class questions.

So i am in a MMO rut and have been bouncing around a lot. Did some inner soul searching and ended up here! One of the main reasons is the 8/16 man operations (raids). My second best raiding experience was 10 man heroic content in WoW. (During WOTLK). Not comparing the two because I can't but my end goal is to play in a guild that does at-least 8 man content (hardmode style). With that said..I saw they are coming out with a nightmare mode for the War machine zone but my question is how often are they bringing out Operations? With the upcoming patch bringing out an extreme mode (good stuff) ...how big of a gap is it normally between raids. 6 Months? 1 Year?

Second question. Which DPS class is considered one of the easiest to play. My play-style is about usually hitting abilities as they come off cool-down. I don't prefer classes that have to add stacks to a boss before you use a "spending" action. So not looking for a combo system...more of a I have "mana" I use mana kinda dps class. If that makes sense? I don't like to manage 5 Dots and 4 debuffs to maximize DPS. (debuffs are fine as long as I can just use it off cooldown in my rotation). Hope that makes sense.

I also might play a tank and curious which tank is considered best currently in War machine. I have a ranged Vanguard tank thats around 40 but nothing I am super committed too. How are they for raiding atm?

My wife normally likes to heal...which healer is needed/wanted for raids atm ...and which is considered decent at solo/duo offensive content.

We dont plan to PVP and don't care if we are light or dark!

Last question. Anything we should focus on as we level up? Any must buys off the store? Plan to take this game serious for the next year or so while get a grasp on everything! Thanks

To your first question, new content is very slow and usually comes in trickels. New Raids are extremely rare this meta and even before to a certain agree. The last raid they did finish this meta it came out by boss additons, 1 boss, 3 months later 2nd boss etc.

There are alot of doom and gloomers, constantly saying "game is dead" or dying, but theyve been saying that for the last 7 years and here we still are. Games gone through some rough times do to EA wanting BW to priortize Anthem and so SWTOR gets a lot less resources right now and that's why theyve been slow in releasing new content. They do release new content tho even if a bit slow, which means its not in maintance mode. The population isnt as big as it use to be, thats beyond question, but there are still more than enough players on all server to do any content in the game at a reasonable time start. - I'd urge you not to buy into the notion that some say game is dying or dead, its just going through a rough patch since 5.0. There are legitimate concerns, but this game isnt going anywhere any time soon. Trust what you see, not what people say about the state of things. I am personally very happy with my experience in end game group content, I have no complaints. Class balance is god awful though in PVP.

If you are into PVP and Raiding I thin k youll be happy with it in this game even in its current state. Group content at end game is very good, at least on Star Forge. [it is the largest server in the game with the most population. Which doesnt mean the others are dead or dying, they just arent as big as this last merger Star Forge was merged with more servers than the others so it stands to reason it's bigger. The other server are smaller, not dead by any stretch of the imagination. Judge for yourself.

Far as easiest classes to play for DPS. That's an easy one.

Merc for rDPS and Jugg for melee dps. Multiple life classes with simpler play styles than can achieve good results. - If you like simple avoid Marauder [Fury's not bad tho] and Sniper.

Lastly, every class and spec has an optimal DPS rotation. If you just hit attacks as they come off cooldown you will be doing yourself a great disservice in therms of DPS output. It doesn't have to be perfect all the time, but it must work priorities at the very least. Some rotations and priorities are worse than others but you shouldn't ignore them, youll do poorly if you do. In storyline, heroics, and leveling, and planets [solo play] you dont need to even think about it, bash your head on the keyboard that will be enough to kill everything. Don't worry about leveling and dont make any big purchases for it as leveling is very fast and you'll be at end game before you know it and thats where you'll need the better gear and have some wise must haves. That said, the class Storylines are generally considered to be stellar and one of the games great strengths and pros. Enjoy them they're awesome as hell.

For Raiding with regard to Tanks PT isn't the best right now but it can more than hold it's own. The alpha tank is Assassin followed closely by Jugg tanks. If you like your Vanguard Tank you can do all content with it in raiding.

Naturally others might take a slightly different view.

Hope this helps some. The games fun so enjoy it.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Thanks for all the feedback! So been testing rotations on the boosted characters (can delete without using token) and I like the rotation of commando but I don't like the idea of not having a tank offspec. my question is about the Jugg DPS spec. The rotation doesnt seem to bad but I can't find any guides with dps rotations ect. Also can anyone give me an idea where they fair in dps for current content? I like the idea of having a Tank offspec that I can go to for easier queuing and just versatility.

Lastly, Vanguard/Power tech dps specs. How are they? Thinking about going the route also (going to test right after this) and are they wanted in raids?

Thanks for all the feedback! So been testing rotations on the boosted characters (can delete without using token) and I like the rotation of commando but I don't like the idea of not having a tank offspec. my question is about the Jugg DPS spec. The rotation doesnt seem to bad but I can't find any guides with dps rotations ect. Also can anyone give me an idea where they fair in dps for current content? I like the idea of having a Tank offspec that I can go to for easier queuing and just versatility.

Lastly, Vanguard/Power tech dps specs. How are they? Thinking about going the route also (going to test right after this) and are they wanted in raids?

This is a guide for Vigilance Guardian, which is the mirror spec/class for Vengeance Jugg. http://dulfy.net/2016/12/30/swtor-5-0-vigilance-guardian-pve-guide-by-rydarus/. The only thing that has changed since this guide is Freezing Force is no longer viable - it was nerfed heavily. Also, your Focused Defense is basically a heal-to-full now.

Currently, I think Jugg over PowerTech in this meta. But both are fun and play very differently. I don't see too many people play PT, but Pyrotech parses the 2nd highest of all melee dps. Unfortunately though, it doesn't have a good rotation and the abilities are weird. Advanced Prototype is great. :)

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

The current DPS Chart can be found here. Here's how they stack up with each other in terms of potential as well as average DPS output.

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

That isn't to say that just because a class has a lower all around DPS ratio that it cannot do more DPS than a class that has a higher DPS threshold. So The Rank 1 DPS spec can be out dpsed by the Rank 18 spec, player skill and experience plays an extremely large part in DPS output. This is just used as a tentative guide of potentials and averages.

There is nonetheless the consideration that there are certain levels of DPS that can be achieved by some classes but not others. Most people consider the differences in DPS potentials too large of a gap [Rank 1 - Rank18] for essentially the same role.

That being said, there is no spec that is not viable or cannot clear all content in the game in a skilled players hands. Some just have a harder time of it than others with a bit less leeway in performance.

The numbers found are based on parses from actual play and players and the statistics were accumulate and are constantly self updating within the pool of which it's comprised. This is just a general over view but it's quite accurate within a +5/-5% buffer zone.