Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vaylin

BenKatarn
10.29.2015 , 09:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarkashae View Post
Something tells me that she is the real threat here. Even seems that Arcann tries to keep her placated.

I think she's scheming, or biding her time. She is just waiting for him to be killed so she can take the throne. Also, she reminds me of DS Jaesa.

What does anyone else think? Any theories?
So far, Vaylin to me is about 10 times worse than anything I had ever imagined that dark side Jeasa could become. Jeasa is a disturbed child with a loaded gun. In Vaylin's case, that gun seems to be a nuclear missile, if not a Death Star. Arcann comments in one of the cutscenes that she is "still spreading [her] wings, testing [her] limits". Her power is incredible and even Arcann seems to fear her. When he said the whole Empire was in jeopardy was in jeopardy because the Outlander escaped Vaylin's pursuit, he had to quickly add that he wasn't blaming Vaylin for it, and she responded with "No, I didn't think you did.".

The big question is what will become of Vaylin's psyche as time goes on. Her mind is pretty warped and she has no remorse about killing people that serve her for the most trivial of reasons (killing 3 Knights to make sure they weren't lying to her, and then killing 3 more because she doesn't like odd numbers). She is obviously more dangerous than Arcann, but one has to wonder why she hasn't tried to kill Arcann yet and take the Throne for herself. Does she not care? Is she using Arcann for her own agenda? Only time will tell.

... on a related note, I want her lightsaber on the Cartel Market.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

ChaosIsGolden
10.29.2015 , 09:38 AM | #22
Have to admit I don't think she's truly on Arcann's side, I mean look at how she responded to the Thexan comment, and how she's only given their mother more of a reason to want her son stopped/dead. I get the feeling Vaylin just wants to watch everything burn or bring as much chaos that pleases her disturbed mind, either way I'm very intrigued to see where the story takes her character.

Damask_Rose
10.29.2015 , 11:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
All I want to do with Vaylin, is find a way to squelch that hideous voice...and can we say uuuuugly? Fugly even! I like her armour though...but that's all.
She looks like a young nosferatu.

Garruk
10.29.2015 , 02:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
I personally think they are going to make her a LI in the same-way Bastila and Revan were lovers as well as enemies during his time as Sith.
Why not she is spicy. Valkorion once cut off her OP Force power why we can't did it again? And with limited power she will recognize our leadership

Darth Befouler - wrath of the Emperor

SidehVelsan
10.29.2015 , 03:32 PM | #25
I sort of regard Vaylin the same way most people look at X-23 from X-Men (though Vaylin seems to have more agency/power in her situation). Something about her is broken because of the actions taken by her authority figures.

Spoiler

It's also interesting to look at how her story is similar to other class stories from the base game (Mostly the Sith Warrior from what I see). The idea of being held back and deceived by
Spoiler
for both characters has actually led my warrior to sympathize with her a great deal. Which is saying something.

I think they may well go the redemption route with either character, I also think we may be presented with a choice of who we get to save.

I'm also sure any of the writers who read these thread are chuckling away as we all speculate.
Sideh, Human, Maurader--- Aldrion, Human, Guardian
Eskiel, Cyborg, Powertech---Davaron, Zabrak, Commando
Soloniex, Pureblood, Assassin---Runassa, Miraluka, Sage
Denac, Chiss, Sniper---Eganen, Cathar, Gunslinger

Sotof
10.29.2015 , 03:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
he had to quickly add that he wasn't blaming Vaylin for it, and she responded with "No, I didn't think you did.".
Personally I just took that as a quick "I am angry at them and the situation, not you" since he actually cares about his sister.

Sinapus
10.29.2015 , 03:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
She's Italian?!

(Okay, I watch way too many Mel Brooks films. Or clips from ones I haven't seen yet.)
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Lunafox
10.29.2015 , 05:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
A young nosferatu...with hair.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Dan_Loto
10.29.2015 , 05:32 PM | #29
I get the impression that Valkorion's 3 children represent light, gray, and dark. Vaylin is the dark. She might kill Arcann, but I don't think she's very well suited to the leadership role of being empress. If she kills Arcann and force ghost Thexan kills her somehow, we might have some kind of yin yang thing (but in a triangle?) going on.

At the same time, she says she misses Thexan, but I have reason to doubt her honesty. I also thought it was really interesting and funny when Valkorion said that she was his favorite.
JC: Villd 70 van, Pyu-pyu 55 com, Cybals 57 scoun, Rais'ins 65 gun, Bruckis 65 sent, Y¨ki 14 guard, Purrjury 18 sen, Elabos 65 shad, Ranies 65 sage. Reckorb 70 jug, Fect 58 mar, Zolba 65 pt, HaruhÝ 60 mer, Fundark 25 op, Muttons 27 sni, Satoshinakamoto 65 op, Premacy 33 jug, Modules 15 pt. HB: Accident 70 sor. SL: Vival 55 sin.

CrutchCricket
10.29.2015 , 06:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SonzeK View Post
would bang.
This one understands.
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"