Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Felix Iresso vs Doc romance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Felix Iresso vs Doc romance

Ponku
01.06.2015 , 10:09 AM | #1
Hello! I've been thinking of starting a plathrough as Jedi Knight or Consullar and one of the factors in the decission is a romance option. Could any kind player tell me their thoughts about Felix and Doc, without being too much spoilery?

Amadahy
01.06.2015 , 11:46 AM | #2
I really enjoyed Doc's romance. I thought it was hilarious, sweet at times, and not overly sappy. I really, really liked how Doc and my Jedi stayed true to their characters, and didn't do or say something that wasn't them. There are a couple of nice surprises thrown in there too. He does come on strong in the beginning which can rub some people the wrong way. It seems people love him or hate him.

As for Felix, I found the romance a bit boring. I still haven't gotten all the way through it because of this. Don't get me wrong. Felix is an awesome character, sweet, respectful, and very soldier like without being an uptight jerk. He does something just before Corellia that made me like him even more. He just comes in a bit late in the story, for me.
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

DomiSotto
01.06.2015 , 06:31 PM | #3
Out of all official romances for a female PC Felix Iresso so far was my favorite. I’ve played the toons who romanced Quinn, Vector, Iresso, and Riggs. I have toons that met and finished Friendship sequences with Aric and Andronikos. I saw a lot of Doc’s content.

Iresso is the only character that does not try to unload his psychological baggage onto the PC, making her break out that well-worn textbook Psychotherapy 101 (AGAIN!) Bio handed us out with Anomen’s Romance back in 2000. In fact, he is adamant about being perfectly capable of managing anything that comes his way, and he doesn't agonize one single time about his past! He doesn't have a dead lover, wife, sister or daughter!

One winning thing about Iresso is that his dialogues with the PC are extremely natural/real. He talks like a man would. Or should. Or whatever. It’s just… right.

One of his letters is the best piece of romantic writing imo in the game.

His voice is not as good as Riggs’ or Zenith’. His customizations unfortunately do not respect his default looks and the fact that he should be more mature, but one of them is very attractive to me.

If all his dialogues were as strongly personal as the letter was; if his back-story was complete; if he did not give up on his carrier; and if they bothered to fix the ‘don’t show the headgear’ in the cutscenes; if he did not have that line about ‘all that staring is getting weird’ after marriage; and if he were customizable to a Togruta or a Mirialian… Oh, my! I’d consider him an actual competition for Zenith.

Doc… not my cup of tea. And he looks like a pimp. And he is the only option in the Universe for a female Knight. With Scourge on the crew!!!

Ideally, I wish I could romance Iresso and Scourge with the Knight, and Zenith with the Consular.
Deal.

BrianDavion
01.06.2015 , 10:06 PM | #4
in fairness given what we know about scourge romancing him would be odd. when the emperor prolonged his life, he's basicly lost the ability to feel. thus romancing him would be silly

Amadahy
01.07.2015 , 10:21 AM | #5
I would pay for Scourge to be a romance, though. Along with Pierce, Zenith, and a new companion for my poor smuggler.
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

DomiSotto
01.07.2015 , 05:29 PM | #6
The world literature is rife with the mystical and magical ways in which love conquers all. I am all for a romance that is Very and Totally Special for a female PC, seeing that the male of the class gets one, and males on the whole get so much more. Not that it’s going to happen, but if I could, I absolutely would.
Deal.

BrianDavion
01.07.2015 , 08:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
The world literature is rife with the mystical and magical ways in which love conquers all. I am all for a romance that is Very and Totally Special for a female PC, seeing that the male of the class gets one, and males on the whole get so much more. Not that it’s going to happen, but if I could, I absolutely would.
whats special about the JK males relationship? remember, the issue yoiu're talking about is dealt with by both genders and isn;'t really part of the romance. (part of why I like Kira is she becomes your partner and friend first and your love intreast later)

ScarletBlaze
01.07.2015 , 08:24 PM | #8
Though I don't do companion romances, I can tell you that Doc was the only companion (so far) that my boyfriend honestly wanted to shoot when I met him on Balmorra (and I didn't even chose the flirt options)
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

DomiSotto
01.08.2015 , 05:03 PM | #9
Quote:
whats special about the JK males relationship? remember, the issue yoiu're talking about is dealt with by both genders and isn;'t really part of the romance. (part of why I like Kira is she becomes your partner and friend first and your love interest later)
I disagree. The relationship with Kira is by far more special, and it has all the heroics in the very special places, and the whole JK story is very much about the male Knight and Kira, with the whole forbidden romance between the two Jedi, and Kira’s formidable, plot-important background; and Kira being there from Tython on, and in the Fortress Kira’s being all in need of a rescue, and Kira’s having funny soundset; Kira’s being brave; Kira’s being perky; Kira’s being all that and more; and Kira being the only not the First Recruited Companion that has her own personal quest, and the game for the Knight basically finishing with Kira’s Quest to save….

The female Knight?

After being outright ignored by every male she runs into, at the end of Chapter 1 (that’s weeks into playing a game), finally a shifty-looking guy says he’d take that only speeder, buy-buy, without even a token nod to chivalry. That screams the romance, right there! And, he tries to get under her skirts!!! Oh, and he is a sissy healer with a blaster! And has an ex-wife! Then after a series of quickies, he decides to marry her! Woo-hoo! But he’s Okay if she’d rather not. So very special. Totally like Kira! High adventure! The stuff of legends! Worth playing a fantasy game for! Cannot be found anywhere else! What every woman secretly dreams about!

And that’s after the male Knight can flirt from Tython on, from a shy Twi’lek to Satele and Saresh. Males get to flirt with women in position of authority, powerful, attractive and cool, be that Larchys, Satele, Zash or Saresh. But when it comes to the female toons… the entire Jedi Order cannot field one powerful and sexy male that is interested in women. And their nemesis beat them in that department... by one lousy flirt with Arkous.

The HUGE Star Wars game, 8 Class stories, 40 joinable NPCs, thousands upon thousands of NPCs and not one developper thought that there are might be female players out there that would find a dashing Jedi knight or a dangerous Sith lord alluring? Or did they pondered it, and decided that their audience is too sophisticated for such a cliched choice?! And went with a drunk cowboy, a termite at heart, and a bunch of broken soldiers instead?

And, no, the game is not about a romance specifically, and there are tons, and tons of other stuff, and all that, but I play males now.

SWTOR finally convinced me to stop playing my own gender. I just want very different romantic interests that are on offer for all 8 classes as a female toon.
Deal.

Preston_Violent
01.08.2015 , 07:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Amadahy View Post
I would pay for Scourge to be a romance, though. Along with Pierce, Zenith, and a new companion for my poor smuggler.
Scourge sadly can't satisfy anyone anymore