Blog: This Week in Aurebesh

Galandro

The last couple weeks I continued to translate signs that can be see in the Cademimu flashpoint (and other Republic worlds).

The first sign contains an easter egg reference that recalls not only other Star Wars movies but also one of George Lucas' biggest influences as a filmmaker.

Your Number is 2187, Isn’t it?

Next up I recreated a large, fairly complex warning sign:

Watch (Your) Step

Check 'em out if you have a moment!

I gotta admit, the time you take to actually try and translate and succeed in these all across the game is incredible and very interesting.

Keep it up!

First and foremost, thank you for the kind words! I can't begin to say what a difference they make, but I do very appreciate the feedback!

This week, in honor of the CXP bug, pay a visit to Corellia's Black Hole daily quest area and uncover the meaning behind the unique Aurebesh signs and posters that can be found there!

Back in Black

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to proudly say, that This Week in Aurebesh just celebrated its first birthday.

To mark the occasion, I recreated three wanted posters that first appeared in the Overwatch Headquarters during KotFE's Chapter 10, "Anarchy in Paradise". One poster in particular features a familiar name from recent Star Wars lore.

I’m a Space Cowboy, on a Steel Bantha I Ride

Finally, just tonight while anticipating a certain new movie trailer, I jotted down some thoughts on SWTOR's latest roadmap and other news of the week.

Where We’re Going We Don’t Need Road Maps!

Once you've warn out the replay button on the trailer, feel free to stop on by!

• 3 weeks later...

After a short break, I'm back with one of my occasional dumb top five lists. This time I thought I'd highlight five of my favorite Dye modules that don't come from the Cartel Market and won't break anyone's piggie bank of Cartel Coins or credits!

A Little Splash of Color: Top Five Non-Cartel Market Dyes

Edited by Galandro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year! This Week in Aurebesh made the transition from 2017 to 2018 with two new posts. The first is my short, but spoilery review of the most excellent The Last Jedi.

The Last Jedi Review

Next up, I offer predictions that run the gamut from bold to ridiculous for what I expect to see in SWTOR this coming year.

Always in Motion is the Future: Five Predictions for 2018

• 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh: I recreate and translate the Planetary Sign decoration which also appears in the Black Hole on Corellia as well as other spots around the galaxy.

In addition I share some quick thoughts on the latest Star Wars news including SWTOR's Game Update 5.7, the Han Solo trailer and the announcement yet another trilogy of movies.

A Mote of Dust Suspended in a Sunbeam

Edited by Galandro

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh I celebrate the improbable return of Jaxxon and Amaiza in the comic book pages of the Star Wars Adventures' 2018 Annual. I addition to paying tribute to the great, green rocket-rabbit, I've recreated and translated a sign from the Black Hole that, in a roundabout way, relates to Jax and Amaiza.

Jax's Back

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh is a busy one! I share some love for Rose Tico, briefly review Solo: A Star Wars Story and finally finish a recreation of Aurebesh poster that I've been tinkering with for more than a year.

A Rose By Any Other Name

Also check out my previous post in which instead of recreating an Aurebesh sign in English, I flip the script and recreate one of in the infamous Solo teaser posters in Aurebesh, but with a SWTOR twist, that fans of Darth Marr might enjoy.

Revenge, Money or Something Else

• 2 months later...

Greetings, I thought I'd pop in for a late summer bump of my TWIA blog. My latest entry is a first my semi-review of the new Rishi stronghold. Other recent post include translations of Shae Vizla's pop-up display from the Deceived cinematic and the massive Obelisk from great hall in the Sith Academy on Korriban. Check 'em out!

Beach Front Property

• 4 weeks later...

I'm proud to announce that This Week in Aurebesh has just celebrated it's second birthday! To mark the occasion, I've returned to the Justicar Sector of Coruscant to translate and re-create two propaganda posters from the zone.

Justice Has a Mustache

Also check out the previous entry which is my top 5 (ish) list of my favorite non-cartel market decorations:

Design on a Dime: Top Five Non-Cartel Market Decorations

I can't wait to see what the terrible twos have in store!

Edited by Galandro

• 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh I skip the Aurebesh translation on account of last week's holiday and instead present a list of the top five features I'd like to see SWTOR borrow from its older sibling, World of Warcraft. Don't worry, this isn't a post about tearing down one game to build up another.

Lok’tar Ogar: Five Things SWTOR Should Steal from WOW

While you're there check out some other recent posts including my opinions of the news from last month's Developer Livestream, a review of the first few episodes of Star Wars: Resistance and my recap of the SWTOR Unite event. As always, there are Aurebesh translations sprinkled throughout!

• 4 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh, read my review of Game Update 5.10 Jedi Under Siege, SWTOR's best story update in years. Beware of spoilers!

This Is Not Going to Go the Way You Think

Recent post also include the secret origin of Don the Exiled Knight and my translations of a pair of signs found on Corellia.

See you in 2019!

Edited by Galandro

• 2 months later...

This Week in Aurebesh: I tweek my graphic settings to uncover the writing on a very bright sign on Corellia and hop on the hype train for Star Wars Celebration's Community Cantina!

And We’re in Bloom

Other recent posts include my almost certainly wrong predictions for SWTOR in 2019 and

an overview of the questing and exploration on the new planet Ossus.

Feel free to stop on by!

• 1 month later...

In honor of the Star Wars Fan Community and Star Wars Celebration, This Week in Aurebesh I share three of my favorite memories of SWTOR's community. In addition, thanks to the good people at Bioware and the great Sworista, I am able to run my first ever raffle. If you'd like to win 30 days of free SWTOR sub time, check out my latest post and leave a comment below it.

The deadline for entries is Conquest reset, Tuesday, April 16!

Community and Raffle Time

Edited by Galandro

• 4 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh: Defend the Republic! I translate the first of the four propaganda posters awarded to players as a part of Star Wars Celebrations' Community Cantina Event! In addition, I describe the process I follow to recreate SWTOR's amazing aurebesh signage!

How It's Made

Last week, I shared a short story about the time I almost met the late, great Peter Mayhew.

• 4 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh: I discuss Onslaught's new gearing system: Spoils of War. Amplifiers and Tacticals and Charles Points, oh my!

To the Victor Go the Spoils

My previous post breaks down my top five-ish favorite non-Cartel Market pets in the game. Find out about some of the best plastic pals, fine feathered friends & very good boys & girls that the game has to offer!

If That Orobird Won’t Sing: Top Five Non-Cartel Market Pets

Edited by Galandro

• 2 months later...

I'm a little behind in these posts so here's a quick catch up of what's been going on This Week In Aurebesh since June:

To the Victor Go the Spoils - My overview of the announcement of Onslaught's Spoils of War gearing system.

Conquest! What is it Good For? - My reaction to the recent double-xp-fueled conquest changes.

Dantooine, We're on Dantooine - My review of the Pirate Incursion event on Dantooine.

Gravity Wins Again: The Best Worst Ways to Die in Star Wars: The Old Republic - It's not just the lightsabers and blasters than can do you in, beware killer elevators, bottomless pits and ravenous ancients beasts.

Orange is the New Red - Fight for the Empire! I recreate in english one of the Imperail propaganda posters awarded to players during Star Wars Celebration.

• 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh just celebrated its third birthday, somewhat to our surprise, as Vector might say! To mark the occasion, I've translated the ancient Jedi runes near Ood Bnar's datacron on Ossus. I also examine the meaning of the text and the origins of the runes themselves. I hope you'll check it out!

Cracking the Jedi Code

• 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh's 100th post is a slightly overdue overview of my first month in SWTOR's new expansion Onslaught, another reason why it's a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

First Impressions: Onslaught

My previous entry is a look back at a selection of my favorite previously translated holographic and neon signs that you might spot on your journey into the underworld of Mek Sha!

Clip Show

Also don't miss my recreation of a simple poster that has long been one of my favorites. In addition I discuss my visit to October's SWTOR's Community Cantina event in New York City!

Buy n Large

Finally, this week, to celebrate the imminent release of Rise of Skywalker, I will be beginning my most epic and personal Dumb Top Five list: My Top Five Favorite Things about Star Wars that aren't movies. I hope you'll come check it out. By the time you read this, the first entry should already by up,

This Week in Aurebesh

Edited by Galandro

• 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh kicks off the roaring 20's with my now traditional list of almost certainly wrong predictions for the coming year. Why go for a single when I can swing for the fences?

A Mug’s Game: Five Predictions for 2020

Finally, this week's post is a very non-click-baity review of The Rise of Skywalker, a fun movie I mostly liked.

The Rise of Skywalker Review