Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unlocking flagship rooms

ceryxp
07.18.2019 , 09:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
I am sorry but isn't this the same argument as:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=965535

They can't make guild ship unlocks so cheap that solo guilds, or guilds with like 5-10 people can have unlocks for practically no cost, when since the ships have been launched, everyone has had to save and work to pay the existing price. They lowered the cost of the ship by like 32 million, I think that is extremely helpful to people that have "small guilds". I mean now what, they are suppose to make unlock prices so low as to provide for the lowest common denominator?

What about the people that saved, and worked their asses off to get the credits to open unlocks? I guess they are just out of luck huh?

This argument is the same exact thing as the link above, how it is conquest is unfair etc etc...
Argument A:
  • I want the same benefits, and to receive the same rewards for doing less work all on my own that others have to either work with others to acquire or do the work of several people to acquire on their own.

Argument B:
  • The process for acquiring an item from a specific guild activity for a specific guild purpose is quite a bit grindy. I think the need for that item should be removed so that specific guild purpose is more streamlined, benefiting all guilds.

Yep, totally the same argument.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Visorknight
07.19.2019 , 02:06 AM | #22
If they make commanders soloable with companions, it may make it easier to farm the keys instead of buying them from GTN. Also, this won't really affect the total items gained by that much since commanders are on timers as well.

TheCardinal
07.19.2019 , 07:39 AM | #23
Well.

I bought my ship for private use Ooooo 4 years ago or so.

Since then, I've unlocked ZERO rooms.
Not due to the 5 mill cost, simply due to NO Frameworks.

With the change to CQ I've invaded small planets for a month now and with some effort I made the 170K goal.

I know it's not HARD, point is, for it the have any value you want as many BLUE as you can get that means get 1 to 15K log off said char and REPEAT.

Now that's NOT fun what so ever.

Last week I did 16 of them, fun hell no, I did it this week too, but for me that's IT!!!!!

Soon my free time is up and work comes along, Family, RL things that needs to be done.

Playing this game just to cap as many char as you can for the REMOTE possibility to one day open a room........

4 years later I have 2 Purple, 1 was a gift many years ago, and around 80 Blue ones.

That means I will shy 60 Blue for ONE single room, and that's not much to write home about.

They need either make us an option to get the frameworks we need in another way or simple have them removed in 6.0.

The money sink is still there 75 mill for the ship unless they change that.
To me that's good reason as money sink as any.
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

http://www.c-system.se/swg/cardinal.png

TheCardinal
07.19.2019 , 07:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreyRanger View Post
Actually a small guild can just buy the frameworks on the GTN, thus making it yet another needed credit sink.
How is Moving money from one char to another char a money sink ???????????????

Beside that totally wrong logic explain to us with apparent less IQ how 1 room can be worth 400+ Mill to unlock ?

More so, what you just said so if I shell out 400 mill on GTN that money is gone form the game then ???.

WE both now it's a NO!
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

lightSaberAddiCt
07.19.2019 , 02:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCardinal View Post
How is Moving money from one char to another char a money sink ???????????????

Beside that totally wrong logic explain to us with apparent less IQ how 1 room can be worth 400+ Mill to unlock ?

More so, what you just said so if I shell out 400 mill on GTN that money is gone form the game then ???.

WE both now it's a NO!
The rooms are priced so that a guild has to work together to unlock it. when 20-30 people donate credits, it is only usually about a month for a semi active guild to save that amount of credits. There are a number of tutorials on this forum and other sites on how to make credits. The credit sink is not for purchasing from GTN, it is from the cost of the unlock.

Not everything is meant to be handed to you, some things you have to work together for, and achieve the goal. There is also a few ways to get those plans then purchasing them. Meeting conquest goals, hunting officers, Operations just to name a few.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

lightSaberAddiCt
07.19.2019 , 02:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Argument A:
  • I want the same benefits, and to receive the same rewards for doing less work all on my own that others have to either work with others to acquire or do the work of several people to acquire on their own.

Argument B:
  • The process for acquiring an item from a specific guild activity for a specific guild purpose is quite a bit grindy. I think the need for that item should be removed so that specific guild purpose is more streamlined, benefiting all guilds.

Yep, totally the same argument.
Actually they are, both are focused on destroying benefits of being in an actual guild. Try looking at the whole picture rather then trying to cherry pick to try and prove a point. There is NOTHING about guild ship unlocks that is not achievable even for a semi active guild. Instead, people want things basically handed to them with no investment in time, credits or otherwise.

TheCardinal
07.19.2019 , 02:37 PM | #27
The rooms are priced so that a guild has to work together to unlock it. when 20-30 people donate credits, it is only usually about a month for a semi active guild to save that amount of credits. There are a number of tutorials on this forum and other sites on how to make credits. The credit sink is not for purchasing from GTN, it is from the cost of the unlock.

Not everything is meant to be handed to you, some things you have to work together for, and achieve the goal. There is also a few ways to get those plans then purchasing them. Meeting conquest goals, hunting officers, Operations just to name a few.
Ooo I fully agree with your there. They shouldn't be free.

But since it's been years since they came out with the ships.
They lowered the cost from the 50 mill I once paid, to 8 today.
They haven't changed the unlock cost or way to do it.

I don't mind to have some way to get items to unlock them, or cost
I have an issue with the time it does take for small guilds or private ones to do it.
There is really no harm in change how it's done, since to get the benefits they added you need to grind levels anyhow.
I on my own have gotten to level 5

I just hope they do alter it so I might unlock and deco it.
I use it as a private SH for my Imp char.

Don't hurt to ask now does it
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

TheCardinal
07.19.2019 , 02:40 PM | #28
Forgot to add.

Going away for a week, so next replay is next weekend for me.

Until then take care.
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

lightSaberAddiCt
07.19.2019 , 06:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCardinal View Post
Ooo I fully agree with your there. They shouldn't be free.

But since it's been years since they came out with the ships.
They lowered the cost from the 50 mill I once paid, to 8 today.
They haven't changed the unlock cost or way to do it.

I don't mind to have some way to get items to unlock them, or cost
I have an issue with the time it does take for small guilds or private ones to do it.
There is really no harm in change how it's done, since to get the benefits they added you need to grind levels anyhow.
I on my own have gotten to level 5

I just hope they do alter it so I might unlock and deco it.
I use it as a private SH for my Imp char.

Don't hurt to ask now does it
And did you give any thought to all the guilds (and please do not play this off as mega guilds v small guilds) who worked their butts off, saved the money and purchased them at full cost (including the full guild ship purchase price)? It doesn't matter that the ships came out a while ago, what matters is everyone being held to the same standard. Small guilds got a deal when they cut the price of the purchase by more then 75%, I guess that wasn't good enough, and it was only a matter of time before someone tries to push for more.

I have been in 2 guilds, both small to medium, never the "mega conquest guilds" (well I was in one for a little while with an alt), and we worked and saved for months to open our guild ship, but all our work should be meaningless now? Sorry I don't think so.

What it comes down to, at least for me and I am sure others, is that everyone be held to one rule, and not having that established rule be cut at the knees because anyone, wants to get what others have worked hard for, struggled for, for practically nothing. Does it suck they cost so much, yeah I will agree with you on that , but that doesn't mean one group should get preferable treatment over another.

InfamousDolphin
08.08.2019 , 02:44 PM | #30
I have been in 2 guilds, both small to medium, never the "mega conquest guilds" (well I was in one for a little while with an alt), and we worked and saved for months to open our guild ship, but all our work should be meaningless now?
"I suffered. Therefore, others should suffer."

This is one of the worst arguments ever made. But every time someone wants to make the world a little bit better, someone else says this. It makes me sad.

For the record, I am one of those guild leaders who worked for months to open up all of the rooms on our flagship. I would prefer that no one else have to go through that.