So what is everyone switching to?

ArcherOrant

Not switching to anything, tho for sustained fights i'll probably go virulence now which is fine. Might go engi for some fights but will have to see.

On fights where marksman is "required", i'll still go marksman and try to be better then i was before. Obviously i'll never reclaim that dps and the nerf sucks but i'll still make it work. EC nim is gonna be tricky tho

I will stay engineering. Yes, it's neutered, but still viable. The nerf is ridiculous though because there's very little chance in practice to hit dummy numbers as engi (in contrast to PT which does more in actual fights) because you can't place all roll bombs in one place like on dummy and if the boss moves even slightly we lose out dps.

That does warrant engi a bit higher dps than the rest because practically the engineer can't de facto hit his theorethical numbers.

I play Sniper because I like the class, not because of its DPS potential, though that was a nice bonus. Probably gonna have to figure out how to awkwardly do Engi on some fights that I used to do Marksman on(some like Brontes and Styrak are still probably marksman-optimal though) and do more tank and spanks in Virulence over Engineering. Edited by OMGITSJAD

I will stay engineering. Yes, it's neutered, but still viable. The nerf is ridiculous though because there's very little chance in practice to hit dummy numbers as engi (in contrast to PT which does more in actual fights) because you can't place all roll bombs in one place like on dummy and if the boss moves even slightly we lose out dps.

That does warrant engi a bit higher dps than the rest because practically the engineer can't de facto hit his theorethical numbers.

Exactly this too. Having more DPS on a dummy is how Enginerring should work because you can't always keep a target in your multiple AoEs, and when they're taken out the DPS is way lower. People who don't understand the spec whine when they see big numbers and got us nerfed anyway though.

Nothing. Game is definitely dead now. What is the point? Bioware doesnt want anyone to be able to do the hardest content without using the nightmare crystals. No new PvE or PvP content for ages or anytime soon in the future. But hey, atleast cartel market is releasing new items on a regular basis!

Nothing. Game is definitely dead now. What is the point? Bioware doesnt want anyone to be able to do the hardest content without using the nightmare crystals. No new PvE or PvP content for ages or anytime soon in the future. But hey, atleast cartel market is releasing new items on a regular basis!

that being said, every returning player who never played the gree event before is most likley screwed since they never get to legend standing in those few days.

you better be wrong at this point :confused:

Edited by Zanthrax

No intention of switching because of this, I really haven't noticed any significant difference (though, I only PvE). I do plan on starting the character over at some point, though. More for RP and story reasons than mechanical.

I'll probably stay in Marksman (though I was enjoying Virulence for a while too), if only because it suits the character better. I only wish some of the animations were better, and that I could figure out a good way to arrange my skills on my bars.

I don't do PvE outside of solo stuff to feed my PvP habits; but either way, I don't change. Have mained sniper or slinger since launch and had a sin I played a lot early, an operative that I had as an alt in stead when legacy gear became a thing. Have played all the classes and have flirted with maining something different numerous times and honestly have been better at some other classes than my sniper and slinger at times and have quit the game and come back more times than I can count; but I wind up back on my sniper and slinger. I just like the class.

No intention of switching because of this, I really haven't noticed any significant difference (though, I only PvE). I do plan on starting the character over at some point, though. More for RP and story reasons than mechanical.

I'll probably stay in Marksman (though I was enjoying Virulence for a while too), if only because it suits the character better. I only wish some of the animations were better, and that I could figure out a good way to arrange my skills on my bars.

The difference for MM is significant. However outside of ops - and specifically hm+ - and dummy parses I suspect one wouldn't really notice much change unless the overall dps would start to creep down towards 70-80% of current capability. Chiefly because any pve content outside of aforementioned, and perhaps heroic SF solo, is so mind numbingly easy that even a 50% dps nerf would render it easy.

Edited by Eksenia

So, I have spent significant time in pvp with my sniper post 4.0.3 in all 3 specs. They all have their purpose and I still do pretty well.

MM - Head Hunting for Healers. Still has the best burst of any of the specs. Has the downside of being the most LOS unfriendly.

Virulence - Best pressure spec. If you want to top the dps meters this is probably the way to go. Downside is weakest burst.

Engineering - Somewhere in the middle. EMP discharge gives you a shot at healer kills (with the stun component). More mobile than MM.

I think the best comparison for snipers should be marauders. I think that the challenge that MM snipers had (from a Bioware standpoint) is that they had the burst of a Fury Mara (their best comparison). Fury Mara is the lowest dps spec in the game from a pve standpoint. So, I suspect the patch was to align things more along the lines of:

Annihilation - Virulence: Best PvE spec. Passable PvP spec

Marksmanship - Fury: Burst Spec - not viable in PvE (except for overmatched content)

Carnage - Engineering: Because their has to be 3 specs...a middle ground.