Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Star Wars novels

Lhancelot
09.08.2019 , 11:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
At least the first Thrawn Trilogy, of course.

I've not been reading SW novels for so many years now I just didn't know that there was a second Trilogy ?
In fact, I stopped reading ... I think it was 10 years ago or so. The Yuuzan Vong invasion was a serious blow to my "headcanon". I stopped there.

Of the books trhere remained only a few in my bookshelf ... The Young Jedi Knights series is one of them. I loved it, because it was something like - non-war , so to say. Seeing a new generation of Jedi coming was something I greatly looked forward. And it was so ... different. Basically non-war, so to say.
It's called Star WARS for a reason, Alrik!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Floplag
09.08.2019 , 01:05 PM | #22
Late to the party, but "Splinter of the minds eye", Alan Dean Foster i believe was the author.
Read that one many years back and its always the first one that comes to mind on the topic.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

ImmortalLowlife
09.08.2019 , 10:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
At least the first Thrawn Trilogy, of course.

I've not been reading SW novels for so many years now I just didn't know that there was a second Trilogy ?
In fact, I stopped reading ... I think it was 10 years ago or so. The Yuuzan Vong invasion was a serious blow to my "headcanon". I stopped there.

Of the books trhere remained only a few in my bookshelf ... The Young Jedi Knights series is one of them. I loved it, because it was something like - non-war , so to say. Seeing a new generation of Jedi coming was something I greatly looked forward. And it was so ... different. Basically non-war, so to say.
While I was hit or miss on the Vong War (I enjoyed some of em, and couldn't stand others) I too was a huge fan of the young Jedi knight's series. I'd hoped Disney was gonna adapt those stories for their new trilogy instead of..... "kill the past Emo guy & proud Mary..... but that's a different rant.

I quoted you to recommend you check out the Legacy of the Force series. As a fan of the young Jedi knight's series, I was completely blown away by what happened to those characters we first met at the Jedi Academy so long ago. Especially at the fact that one of the main characters...(slight spoiler ahead)

Spoiler
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Jett-Rinn
09.09.2019 , 01:02 AM | #24
Thrawn Trilogy Hands down
No one hates Star Wars as much as "Star Wars fans"

antifeminist
09.13.2019 , 04:10 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Late to the party, but "Splinter of the minds eye", Alan Dean Foster i believe was the author.
Read that one many years back and its always the first one that comes to mind on the topic.
is that one any good? I heard it sucks, but it was the first SW novel written

MK-ULTRA
09.15.2019 , 02:10 PM | #26
I'm listening to Star Wars Tarkin audiobook right now(about 3 hours in) and it's really good. Up there with Darth Bane for sure.
You spelled tyranny wrong.

antifeminist
09.17.2019 , 05:35 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
I'm listening to Star Wars Tarkin audiobook right now(about 3 hours in) and it's really good. Up there with Darth Bane for sure.
i thought it was good but not that good. It kind of drags on at points. Nice name, by the way. MK-ULTRA

antifeminist
09.25.2019 , 09:43 AM | #28
Reading Knight Errant now, it's set about 1000 years before the prequel trilogy era. Pretty decent so far