Tracking planetary story chains

Zenni

Now that we will permanently lock ourselves out of some content when starting Fallen Empire could we please get easier way to track the planetary story quest chains.

It's pretty easy to check legacy interface if you have completed all story missions (this should be obvious anyway), and maybe even the old companion story lines (not sure about this), but I don't see / haven't found any way to easily check if we still have some uncompleted planetary story chain missions that will be locked out.

I have been running around the planets checking for purple icons, but this is pretty tedious not to mention it's not foolproof if I have abandoned the chain in midflight.

Please anyone tell me if there's a better way, and if not could we please get a better way? Planetary story achievement in legacy interface?

Also I'm not sure but I think "Bonus series" are not "purple" story quests, so does that mean that those won't be blocked out if I start Fallen Empire?

All planetary chains are started by talking to first quest dude you see when you land on spaceport.

So, when you land, look at that guy and if he doesn't have a purple icon above - you have probably done it.

For Bonus series, i'm not sure, would have to check it...

Edited by Pavijan

All planetary chains are started by talking to first quest dude you see when you land on spaceport.

So, when you land, look at that guy and if he doesn't have a purple icon above - you have probably done it.

For Bonus series, i'm not sure, would have to check it...

Yes, like I said, this is what I'm doing at the moment, but with like 20 planets and multiple characters this isn't the "easier way" I was asking for. Also this doesn't work if one has abandoned the quest chain after doing some of the missions, the "active" quest giver might be anywhere on the planet.

Also, the planetary and class quests show up in your quest log (L) with their names in purple-pink.

Yes, but again, with level 60 character that has supposedly (can't be sure) done everything and only has flashpoints and some such in quest log this is of no help at all.

Yes, like I said, this is what I'm doing at the moment, but with like 20 planets and multiple characters this isn't the "easier way" I was asking for. Also this doesn't work if one has abandoned the quest chain after doing some of the missions, the "active" quest giver might be anywhere on the planet.

Yes, but again, with level 60 character that has supposedly (can't be sure) done everything and only has flashpoints and some such in quest log this is of no help at all.

Well, as I remember, if you abandon the planetary quest chain it's gone forever. There's no way to continue, or reaquire that with that toon ever again. There is no "active" quest giver to coninue that on the planet.

It's stupid , yes, but that is the way it was.

I am doing the same thing, but my issue is I didn't abandon my quest. I was on Lord Vivicar's ship, he killed my companion and I, it was almost 2 in the morning and I was very sleepy, so I went to bed. Logged on next day and I am standing outside of his ship, but I am ineligible to go inside at the moment. Countless players have told me to just restart it, but it's not even in my quest log to start. I have gone back to Tython and Alderaan, but haven't found anything that leads me back to the actual storyline. I am going from planet to planet, I find the main Story Arc NPC at the beginning and do the quests offered, but they end and I am back to square one. Riding all over the planet is not an effective way to get my story back on track. Need some advice or a devs response.