Noob question about stims and medpacs

skipperdarrell

Hey, Hi. How do stims and medpacs work? Here is what I observe: it appears that it is superfluous to have more than one of any particular spec, as when I apply one any duplicate is also used up. Is this correct? In other words, I should have these handy, but not more than one of any "model".

Appreciate some guidance. Enjoying the games.

The difference between Stims and Medpacks is pretty simple.

Stims: These are combat enhancers and aid you in combat, they provide extra stats that can help a little bit with your combat performance. What type of Stim you'll be using depends on your Advanced Class and Discipline, Stims can be either bought from the GTN or crafted with Biochem.

Medpacks: These are pretty much just healing items, they provide X amount of healing plus the higher level ones also slightly heal your over time in addition to the X amount of healing. Much like Stims it can be bought from the GTN, or crafted with Biochem.

Hey, Hi. How do stims and medpacs work? Here is what I observe: it appears that it is superfluous to have more than one of any particular spec, as when I apply one any duplicate is also used up. Is this correct?

No, that is not correct, only the one medpack or stim that you clicked on is used but all medpacs or stims share a cooldown, anyone of them can be used again when their cooldown is over.

To put it simply... stims = buffs. You can keep only 1 type active on your character. they usually last a few hours, though some are shorter duration.

Med packs are instant heals. Generally you can use only 1 in a fight. They do not leave a long lasting buff, but some will heal you for few seconds after the initial heal. Also some types heal your companion as well.

There are also adrenals that have varying effects that last a few seconds.

I appreciate the reply. I guess what I'm seeing is the cooldown. But I do seem to remember that if I have two or more of the same medpac in my inventory, with their 1, 2, 3 etc in the corner, when I select any one of them they all countdown to the next digit down.

That's one of those "these items share a cooldown" things. It makes sense for medpacks, since there's a one-use-per-fight rule *and* a ninety-seconds-between-uses rule, and having those rules be per-type would render them much closer to irrelevant than they are supposed to be.

I appreciate the reply. I guess what I'm seeing is the cooldown. But I do seem to remember that if I have two or more of the same medpac in my inventory, with their 1, 2, 3 etc in the corner, when I select any one of them they all countdown to the next digit down.

When you use a medpack every medpack in your i inventory will go on cool down. For example let’s say you have a war zone medpack and a advanced polybiotic medpack. You use the war zone one the advanced poly one will go on CD as well for the same amount of time. Adrenals work the same as this, except unlike medpack a they can be used multiple times per combat while medpack s and once per combat.