New tank gear advice for HM tanking

haliy

So, I know that I am not reaching a lot of the playerbase but for the few of you new tanks out there which actually do read these forums, please take the time swap out your 43 and 47 greens for at least at a minimum of 50 recruit tanking armor from the PvP vendor even if you only plan on PvEing.

I just ended up finishing up a HM Kaon with a tank with 13k hp and that was including the fort buff. Even after taunting, once that 6 second taunt wore off, it was a toss up who was tanking between myself and the guardian dps which wasn't guarded. There was absolutely no way he was holding aggro. I'm just glad the tank found himself in a team which was willing to carry him threw and had a decent healer in order to get a couple pieces of upgraded gear.

Commando healer - 21k hp

Guardian DPS - 22k hp

Sentinel DPS - 20k hp

Guardian Tank - 13k hp

Edited by haliy

same goes for dps. last night I had run false emp with 2 marauders, one half green half recruit, L 20 relics, other, even worse, full greens... good me and my friend tank were good eq...

first boss was a dissaster, second was me dpsing with tank as they got one shot from boss, 2 robots switched 6 or 8 times I belive, could misscount as I was facepalming alot, enraged on hk-47, enraged on malgus...

horrible expierience.... to make it worse, I missjumped with trash, and caused a wipe... mentioningit, to be fair....

Edited by Atramar

Recruit gear should really be everyone's first thing they do once they hit 50. I haven't hit 50 on another character since it was added, but I thought everyone got a free set of recruit gear at 50.

If that's the case, then I see no reason why anyone would stroll in to anything at 50 with greens / leveling gear. Unless, of course, you gave your fresh 50 a set of Columi+ PVE gear through the legacy armor.

Edited by CharlieBrown

Having 20-22k HP as a dps, i imagine you both were BiS or rather close... so it wouldnt of matter if the tank were naked or in rakata gear you and the other dps would of been pulling agro off of him.

No... my Shadow Tank (current gear) is not BiS but at least decently geared for HM tanking is able to hold aggro so far from any class which i have run into. This includes Sentinels in full Rakata/BH/Campaign.

My Sentinel is a bit more geared than my Shadow however, still not BiS but regardless of any of that, my original point was for those who plan on tanking, Have at least some form of tanking gear on which will allow you to somewhat look like you are trying.

Recruit gear should really be everyone's first thing they do once they hit 50. I haven't hit 50 on another character since it was added, but I thought everyone got a free set of recruit gear at 50.

If that's the case, then I see no reason why anyone would stroll in to anything at 50 with greens / leveling gear. Unless, of course, you gave your fresh 50 a set of Columi+ PVE gear through the legacy armor.

This goes hand and hand with my point exactly. Once you hit 50, you should not have any excuse to be wearing anything lower level than you currently are unless you are still sporting the orange custom gear and plan on upgrading the mods inside of those pieces.

You do get a token from a quest given by the PvP terminal which grants you a full set of Recruit. With this set, you will be able to put yourself into a better situation for tanking rather than ending up in HM's with 43 & 47 GREENS

Edited by haliy

Well the truth is Recruit gear isn't free; the "opportunity" cost of picking the recruit gear is 320k. Most people just take the money and force other people to suffer while they get carried through the fresh 50 stage.

Well the truth is Recruit gear isn't free; the "opportunity" cost of picking the recruit gear is 320k. Most people just take the money and force other people to suffer while they get carried through the fresh 50 stage.

Actually the truth is that it is FREE. Do you not remember when the option to get recruit gear was to purchase each piece? Now as soon as you hit 50, the "Option" you talk about is given to you outright. It is up to the individual whether or not to take this option for the FREE gear or get a FREE 320K credits. If the option by the individual is to just take the 320K credits, then they should take it upon themselves to gear them selves up the harder way before taking on some challenges which they should not step into. I've even started doing dailys again on Ilum and Belsavis just for the heroics so i can deposit the Armoring/Mod/Enhancments from the rewards into our guild bank to help the players which will be hitting 49/50 soon so they just have to worry about getting the rakata earpeice, implants, and relics if they choose.

This week was HORRIBLE.

2-3 days totally undergeared DD´s, it REALLY sucked.

Yesterday Tank with 13,5k HP buffed. ***?

Are u not able to get some Equip? Dont understand it really...

I had just yesterday in a HM Lost Island a tank with 12.9k hp FULLY BUFFED... the dude had 1 peice of tanking gear (which happened to be a green 47 pair of boots) and didn't even have any relics. When asked where the relics were, he responded with a "where do you get those?" Just because you que up as a tank does not grant you the ability to become immortal and able to tank anything which gets thrown at you.

Ended up logging on my shadow tank because we were waiting for a tank to que up for some time. Unfortunately on the way to the droid boss, the wife ended up kicking my power cord out of the wall which shut off my laptop since i don't use the battery in it when its at home since its always plugged in. Oh the dirty looks I gave her from that....

Edited by haliy