Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

Apparently it seems the new "thing" is to stay perpetually at level 49, twink your toon to all hell and stay in level 1-49 warzones in perpetuity. This is done by exiting the warzone before it completes (some times at the cost of team play). You don't level if you do this.

I play on an RP server and it's become a significant problem. To the point where people will leave warzones when they see a team of these level 49s. And if it's a problem on a RP server, I'm sure it must be on others.

Oh I am sure there will be people who are fine with this, in fact - who engage in it themselves. Time to move on - buck it up - take your medicine like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure the ability to do this is not part of the intended game mechanic. It needs to be fixed. I am tired of teams giving up before the wz starts and of people exiting the wz before it finishes (and sometimes contributing to losses in Huttball when scores are tied).

If this has been addressed - my apologies. I read through some threads and tried a search, but came up with nothing...

:;edit:: To be clear - this isn't an "anti twink" post. It isn't an "anti-premade" post. There is NOTHING wrong with twinking a char in the absence of (mis)using a game mechanic to artificially hold yourself at a certain level. This also isn't a "Level 50 PvP is fine - and absent of it's own problems" post. Clear?

Edited by Seena

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been going hard on my alts to get some flavor at 50 and have yet to run into a "twink". If they want to do that then eh I rather PvP with the 50's.

I've seen it a couple of times. Irony is, a lot of times they are not that good. My theory is they allow their advantage to take over and get lazy.

Every once in a while, I have seen one here and there which seems good; but it seems those people get bored and move on.

What is exactly the problem? The game is about gear especially in pvp. It is the same at 50 and at 10-49.

You put on crappy gear and you will die. The people that spend a lot of time using purple gear dominates.

I level my characters only in pvp. They always have up to date equipment and purple item mods. I don't find any problems fighting level 49s that are geared out.

You are the same as those people that thinks that new 50s should be equal to people that have been pvping for months. This game is about gear. You need to spend time acquiring gear if you want to dominate. If you are just in the warzones for the daily, then you don't need to gear up. Use your green level gear that is 5 levels below your current level, join alderaan or nov coast, go to a node and sit there.

Ask yourself this? Do you join warzones to pvp or to get exp for the daily? Look at your gear. The answer is right there. If I'm level 14, and I have 8ish gear. I'm not there to pvp. I'm just there to leech and get the daily while people that bother to gear up do the work.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

Getting bored and moving on hasn't happened on my server. In fact - it's getting more common.

If it wasn't a recurring issue - affecting 2 or so wxs daily - I wouldn't say a thing.

But it is. And it's getting worse. Time it was stopped.

The good news here is that there is literally no reward for doing this, no WZ comms, no credits, and you dont get to see the score card at the end.

I have run into a few people doing this, i have found that using /say to let them know the game is almost over and that they should leave before accidentally hitting 50 (over and over) is enough public shame to get them to stop (sometimes)

The good news here is that there is literally no reward for doing this, no WZ comms, no credits, and you dont get to see the score card at the end.

I have run into a few people doing this, i have found that using /say to let them know the game is almost over and that they should leave before accidentally hitting 50 (over and over) is enough public shame to get them to stop (sometimes)

That technique isn't effective on my server - these people are determined to dominate the WZs. And it is becoming a more common practice - again. 2 weeks ago I didn't know of it. Now I encounter it a few times daily. I PvP daily.

I cannot imagine it is part of the intended mechanic. And until it's fixed - I think, should it follow the current trend, it is only going to get worse.

Funny -- you can see in this thread who isn't willing to put their big boy pants on.... lol

I'm presuming XP gain is awarded at the end of the warzone? I only play my main character, not much for alts.

Make individual kills grant x amount of xp in a warzone, so they can't stay 49 forever.

Yes - at the end of wz. And this would fix it , definitely.

Edited by Seena

As long as there's a 200 hour plus grind to gear up to be on a level playing field at 50- don't expect people to be so eager to get into this. Especially players who might only play one or two hours a day due to work, family, etc....- for them that grind can take months.

There will always be twinking in any game that has absurd gear discrepancies- and even so, level 49 twinks still have a far less significant advantage over level 20-25ish players (frankly, entering pvp before 20 is asking to get served) than optimized, augmented WH versus new recruits.

I don't even do this twinking thing- I almost do nothing but pvp on my level 20-30 alts because it's fun and feels balanced even at that level after dealing with the extreme TTK of 50 and the marauder root and smash trains. Yet, I see no problem with people that do this- they know full well level 50 pvp is brutal- even level 50 players all agree, look at the forums, you see almost nobody (outside marauders) saying good things about level 50 pvp.

Seems like they're the smart ones actually.

Apparently it seems the new "thing" is to stay perpetually at level 49, twink your toon to all hell and stay in level 1-49 warzones in perpetuity. This is done by exiting the warzone before it completes (some times at the cost of team play). You don't level if you do this.

I play on an RP server and it's become a significant problem. To the point where people will leave warzones when they see a team of these level 49s. And if it's a problem on a RP server, I'm sure it must be on others.

Oh I am sure there will be people who are fine with this, in fact - who engage in it themselves. Time to move on - buck it up - take your medicine like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure the ability to do this is not part of the intended game mechanic. It needs to be fixed. I am tired of teams giving up before the wz starts and of people exiting the wz before it finishes (and sometimes contributing to losses in Huttball when scores are tied).

If this has been addressed - my apologies. I read through some threads and tried a search, but came up with nothing...

Which RP server?

As long as there's a 200 hour plus grind to gear up to be on a level playing field at 50- don't expect people to be so eager to get into this. Especially players who might only play one or two hours a day due to work, family, etc....- for them that grind can take months.

There will always be twinking in any game that has absurd gear discrepancies- and even so, level 49 twinks still have a far less significant advantage over level 20-25ish players (frankly, entering pvp before 20 is asking to get served) than optimized, augmented WH versus new recruits.

I don't even do this twinking thing- I almost do nothing but pvp on my level 20-30 alts because it's fun and feels balanced even at that level after dealing with the extreme TTK of 50 and the marauder root and smash trains. Yet, I see no problem with people that do this- they know full well level 50 pvp is brutal- even level 50 players all agree, look at the forums, you see almost nobody (outside marauders) saying good things about level 50 pvp.

Seems like they're the smart ones actually.

This isn't simply twinking. You don't need to artificially hold yourself at a level using a game mechanic in a way it wasn't intended (which is against the TOS.) to twink.

It also is not good for team play in general. Leaving a WZ in Huttball in a tie can cost the team a win.

I am assuming this is not intended - we'd need Bioware to verify.

Edited by Seena

I try very hard, but I can't find purpose of doing that...

It's called "My epeen is feeling a little teeny ... so, if i stoke it some, it will be the biggest in this group for a long time. But I don't dare go compare it to the big dogs..."

It's called "My epeen is feeling a little teeny ... so, if i stoke it some, it will be the biggest in this group for a long time. But I don't dare go compare it to the big dogs..."

Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.

And you are butt hurt cuz their epeen is so big? lol.

All types of pvp is about epeen lol. People play 200 hours to get top gear. 200 hours of time that could be spent some where more productive. All because of epeen. All to be top dog.

You are just in denial. The fact that you are here is because you are suffering from epeen envy.

Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.

Um no.

I have no issues with PUGs. None. I have no issues with level 50 PvP - I paid my dues (before the free recruit gear) and they are apparently addressing some of the frustrations.

Not the same at all. Not even close.

All types of pvp is about epeen lol. People play 200 hours to get top gear. 200 hours of time that could be spent some where more productive. All because of epeen. All to be top dog.

You are just in denial. The fact that you are here is because you are suffering from epeen envy.

Bwahaha, you nailed it :D

We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". It boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Dude - I have "top gear" On my level 50's and my alts.

This isn't about gear. It's about people stopping fighting, and camping nodes for medals when they see these groups. It's about people exiting warzones before the games are finished - and costing a win.

So no, it isn't about gear -- not for me. I moved on to 50 before the free recruit gear. My lower level toons are all in purple modded gear.

I know the "idea" of why this is not good for warzones will escape you - since you are clearly focused on yourself and not your team.

We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". I boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

Agreed. :)