Which class can cleanse our dots?

Highsis

In ranked, I see some classes easily cleansing my DOT effects and as a result, I'm usually the one forced to cloak and retreat against those classes, especially operative; they make knock-kick sounds and my HP goes down by 6~7k with each hit even if I put up my defenses, and I never seem to be able to kill them one on one. A good guaridan is also very tough to kill, but I guess it will get easier once I'm in full dark reaper.

So what are the classes that can cleanse our dots, and what are the classes that can effectively counter us? I would like to know how the cleansing/counter mechanics work so I may be able to deal better with them.

Edited by Highsis

Operatives (Twice for DPS, ~Read juggs)

Snipers

Other Sins (Twice)

Sorcs (Bubble)

Tanking Juggs (If they have the utility for it, DPS could too theoretically.. but you won't see many taking it)

PT's (If they have the utility for it)

Edited by Evolixe

Do you play Operatives? If so, I wouldn't feel as insulted. But if you are a sin, that was utterly uncalled for.

I know Hatred Sin is OP at the moment.

That's not the point of this thread. I do have difficulties against certain classes more than others and I want to know how to counter them rather than quitting the class I'm playing because somebody told me to quit on a forum, thank you very much.

I have an operative, a marauder, and an assassin, as well as a near max level jugg, PT, and sorc. It doesn't matter how you look at it, sins are superior to operatives in the dps category, ESPECIALLY hatred.

I have an operative, a marauder, and an assassin, as well as a near max level jugg, PT, and sorc. It doesn't matter how you look at it, sins are superior to operatives in the dps category, ESPECIALLY hatred.

Even now you comment is still not helpful and off topic. When did I ever dispute the fact sins are OP?

I know Hatred Sin is OP at the moment.

Do you even read? You are effectively talking to yourself. And no, I'm not going to quit because sins are better than Operatives and I still have difficulties with Operatives, so please just stop commenting.

Edited by Highsis

Operatives, sins, and sages have a purge. If an operative is attacking you pop shroud. There goes all their damage for a few seconds. If they have evasion up don't try melee attacks on them. Stick with force attacks. I'm guessing it's a concealment op that you were fighting. They can hit pretty hard. Try to get in all your burst when they have roll on cooldown.

Concealment ops can still kill hatred sins. I do it all the time. Timing rolls is a key factor. I can also purge dots more often than any other class. Concealment actually has a lot of counters to hatred. Not saying concealment is better. I believe hatred takes the gold medal for faceroll spec between the two (and most others for that matter), but concealment can still win a 1v1.

Edited by Saikochoro

Oh and one more thing for OP. I'm not sure how familiar you are with damage types. But don't expect deflection to help you against a concealment op. It's worthless versus them other than having cc immunity if you take that utility. They can still root you though. So take root break on force speed.