Flash point difficulty and tunning

I feel that the flash points aren’t tuned to well in terms of difficulty. Black Talon is way too easy, whereas, Hammer is way too hard. It seems that at 2 level 10s can go through BT while unless there is full group of 18+ Hammer is not possible to finish. Flash Points should be a viable alternate to questing and pvp. You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances aren’t viable to pvp and questing.

I, personally, didnt' notice that. Hammer was pretty easy also and we finished it at lvl 15-16. The only hard flashpoint part is second boss at Mandalorian Raiders, it's somehow unbalanced, died there many times. Edited by Tokayz

The first 4-5 flashpoints are pretty easy, I did them first try with random players around the correct level (some being lower).

If you don't have a few deaths then it's to easy. The flashpoints at later levels are a LOT harder, so better get some practice at teamwork and using your class (especially if your a tank or healer) :p

Edited by NasherUK

I have to agree with the original poster. These first flashpoints are basically presented to the players at what would be level 10 and as a Group 2 difficulty. Clearly Hammer is not that where I am almost able to solo BT with a 10th level Sith Inquisitor.

I see power tuning for the individual play and quest chains needing some attention, so I expect to see a lot of tweaking in the months to come.

That said, for having just launched it's a very impressive play experience. I also like the idea that their is some diversity in the difficulty, so that some battles you can roll through and get some momentum and a few present some real difficulty from time to time.

So hopefully they don't overtune it. I like to still see some real challenges and even some fights that I avoid to make to single player questing experience a bit more engaging.

Flashpoints arent tough actually, you need to gather decent and necessary party members preferrably with a tank and healer.And you have to be well-organized.Otherwise its getting overwhelming and most deadly:) We did hammer station, 2 ppl (1xjedi sage/seer + 1x commando) to last spot with no failure, and 4 ppl (3x jedi sage + commando) on last spot with 1-2 times failure:)

But teamwork practice and experience will be most useful even you havent proper class party members.

Have fun.

I, personally, didnt' notice that. Hammer was pretty easy also and we finished it at lvl 15-16. The only hard flashpoint part is second boss at Mandalorian Raiders, it's somehow unbalanced, died there many times.

That's the one with the 4 enemies with around 20k health each right? That one was a pain until we realized it was the perfect place for cc.

I feel that the flash points aren’t tuned to well in terms of difficulty. Black Talon is way too easy, whereas, Hammer is way too hard. It seems that at 2 level 10s can go through BT while unless there is full group of 18+ Hammer is not possible to finish. Flash Points should be a viable alternate to questing and pvp. You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances aren’t viable to pvp and questing.

I am republic, so not sure if we have the same flashpoints and they are just a mirror, or if yours are diff...but...

We do all flashpoints while they are yellow/green to me (my friends that are 1-2 lvls higher then me) Vanguard Trooper and 2 Jedi Consular (1 DPS and 1 heals) and my DPS pet.

2-manned Hammer at lvl 16-17, 3-manned all other flashpoints to date (up to and including Mandalorian Raiders we are lvl 25-27 atm)

Make sure you are using all skills at your disposal as well. Alot of people ignore CC or other class abilities that aren't DPS and those really help. Also use your cooldown abilities frequently.

Remember Flashpoints are optional content, they are meant for a group and in no way hinder you from advancing your characters story arc or your quest to lvl 50 should you not participate in them.

Anyways keep at it, you should be able to do all flashpoints while they are relevant.

Is there a way to see a list of flashpoints and the recommended level for each? I may have missed it. I enjoy the challenge in the flashpoints and some of the unique mechanics, but a few of the fights can be down right brutal. I have a L40 juggernaut that has done some but not all flashpoints to date. Some were cake others my group had to abandon.

I tried hammer station with my L20 BH merc and we kept wiping on the first boss. I was healing and the tank was pug'd and L22. I don't know if our group was just not skilled enough or not but we just couldn't get past this first pull.

<snip>You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances aren’t viable to pvp and questing.

That would bore me to death. I don't even like doing them until the loot I am there for drops. BW made a pretty fantastic world of story lines here, unlike any other MMO and it would be a shame to miss all that because of being stuck in a raid raid raid only raid mentality.

If you feel Hammer Station is too difficult, FPs are not for you. Also this game may not be for you as well.

If you feel Hammer Station is too difficult, FPs are not for you. Also this game may not be for you as well.

This lol.

I have done BT, Hammer, Athiss, and Mandalorian so far and they have all been ridiculously easy.

Did have problem with last boss in Athiss because our healer kept dying during the dodge-the-fireball phase.....

we kicked him and 3 manned the boss on first try. rofl.

When you go into Black Talon, it says it is designed for 2 people.....

I have to say that I think the Flashpoints are all really well done.

They're not faceroll easy and require that the players review their skills (interrupts are SO important!). They're not terribad hard so that players ragequit.

Black Talon is simple, yes; Black Talon introduces the Flashpoint concept and bridges players to the second planet. The intention is that the players complete a chunk of the second planet before getting a mission to another Flashpoint: in this endeavor, everything has fallen into place.

If players simply want to jump from Flashpoint to Flashpoint without visiting the corresponding content on the planets, then perhaps TOR isn't for them.

• 2 weeks later...
1 vanguard, 1 consular 2 pets. 45 mins. 1 wipe.

Did it once with 18th Powertech and 19th Inquisitor Sorc. I think we must have just gotten really lucky because we tried it again and gave up after wiping about 10 times on last boss. Rest of it was pretty easy, but that last boss is really tough with only 2 peeps. My wife was playing the Inquis and just couldn't dps down the adds and heal at the same time. Tried again at 22nd with the addition of an Inquis Assas and it was a piece of cake. Almost too easy.

I would like to see more flashpoints as the two that I've done so far (BT and Hammer) are pretty short, although I'm sure that will come with time and/or levels.

One thing we did learn for anyone trying to two man it, don't let a pet tank that last boss. I think that was the biggest mistake we were making when we were trying to two man it. We were letting the Inquis pet tank it while the two of us burned down the adds. It's much, much better if a player tanks him 100% of the time because you have to keep him turned away from the group so his machine gun blast doesn't hit the group.