Quitting Warzones

Srooc

I haven't played yet post patch, but it's seems that this is some sort of concern.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of PVP is to engage against other players and attempt to complete the objective or win. Getting medals, money, comms, etc... is just a by product of the enjoyment of PVPing.

If another team appears to be better than you, up your game and bring it, don't walk away and quit like a loser!

I came into the middle of a civil war last night and all my team was sitting at the cannon we owned doing nothing - it was pathetic. At least get out there and try. Why try? Because you que for PVP because you enjoy the thrill of engaging other players in combat.

If you PVP strictly for the rewards, go do dailies on Belsavis, they give guaranteed rewards everytime.

If you que to PVP, you should give it your all from beginning to end because you enjoy the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat. You do it because you like the competiteness of it not just the rewards.

Edited by Srooc

I just played a match (the new warzone, which I like). I got top healing (just over 220k) and two mvp votes, but we lost pretty badly (I'm Republic, non-premade).

My rewards?

0 valor, 0 comms, 0xp (level 50 though), 0 credits.

forgot to look at whether I got legacy xp.

one thing to note: the problem will likely be much worse for the new warzone than the old ones, due to the mechanic.

you get 0 rewards if you lose very badly and get few medals. this is more likely in the new warzone, becuase, unlike alderaan, you get 0 score for having just one of the three turrets. you only damage the enemy's ship with two or more turrets.

so you are much more likely to get a score of 0 and 0 rewards in the new warzone, which for me as a non-premade healer, usually will mean 0 rewards, which means I will now quit any time i get the new warzone (despite liking the new warzone).

I haven't played yet post patch, but it's seems that this is some sort of concern.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of PVP is to engage against other players and attempt to complete the objective or win. Getting medals, money, comms, etc... is just a by product of the enjoyment of PVPing.

If another team appears to be better than you, up your game and bring it, don't walk away and quit like a loser!

I came into the middle of a civil war last night and all my team was sitting at the cannon we owned doing nothing - it was pathetic. At least get out there and try. Why try? Because you que for PVP because you enjoy the thrill of engaging other players in combat.

If you PVP strictly for the rewards, go do dailies on Belsavis, they give guaranteed rewards everytime.

If you que to PVP, you should give it your all from beginning to end because you enjoy the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat. You do it because you like the competiteness of it not just the rewards.

Totally agreed!

btw i myself have learn that i actually «can quit the WZ» only just a week ago! it was accidentally while reading this forums...

I hope all the «WZ spectators» will unssubed in short time from now.. as they threatening at the forums..

Edited by Missandei

Why try? Because you que for PVP because you enjoy the thrill of engaging other players in combat.

There is absolutely no thrill in fighting premades or teams with half more players than yours.

At least before patch you would get SOME reward for playing a losing match with the medals, but now it just seems pointless to stay in a match where you're having no fun at all and you know you are not getting anything by the end of it.

I PVP for the gear. I play on a PVP server, so I want to be geared up for that reason. I do not generally enjoy War Zones. I have not yet played 1.2 WZ's, but if the quiting ratio is worse now, then we have a massive problem on our hands.

I don't understand BW's direction with PVP. They really seem to be jerking it around in every direction, and its killing the WZ's. People are quiting WZ's for a lot of reasons. They aren't fun for a lot of people. They arent productive when losing. They are played a lot simply to just grind gear.

This is a lose-lose scenario for everyone involved. people who do enjoy WZ's have their experience ruined by people just grinding gear out, and people grinding gear our are stuck on a hampster wheel just grinding. Not fun there either.

I just played a match (the new warzone, which I like). I got top healing (just over 220k) and two mvp votes, but we lost pretty badly (I'm Republic, non-premade).

My rewards?

one thing to note: the problem will likely be much worse for the new warzone than the old ones, due to the mechanic.

you get 0 rewards if you lose very badly and get few medals. this is more likely in the new warzone, becuase, unlike alderaan, you get 0 score for having just one of the three turrets. you only damage the enemy's ship with two or more turrets.

so you are much more likely to get a score of 0 and 0 rewards in the new warzone, which for me as a non-premade healer, usually will mean 0 rewards, which means I will now quit any time i get the new warzone (despite liking the new warzone).

You get 0 Valor? That would suck BAD and if that's the case I may be one of the people soon leaving.

The brainiacs at BW now incent bad behavior.

Your team over matched?

A. Stick it out for the good of the game and get zero return on your time

B. Leave WZ

What do you choose?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Join a WZ late?

A. Try to contribute

B. Leave because there is no reward for participation

What do you choose?

i could go on and on but you should have already gotten the point.

The brainiacs at BW now incent bad behavior.

Your team over matched?

A. Stick it out for the good of the game and get zero return on your time

B. Leave WZ

What do you choose?

Join a WZ late?

A. Try to contribute

B. Leave because there is no reward for participation

What do you choose?

i could go on and on but you should have already gotten the point.

So you only PVP for the rewards, not for the thrill of it. You have no desire to engage in actual PVP. That's fine, at least your honest!

Edited by Srooc

things change that much from pts to live? I was getting rewards all the time even when losing on pts? Or are the people complaining not actually trying to win , you have to get 3 medals to receive and that's pretty easy O.o . Gonna go give it a try real quick.

So you only PVP for the rewards, not for the thrill of it. You have no desire to engage in actual PVP. That's fine, at least your honest!

Wow clueless.

BW made PVP gear based. I will use small words so you understand

need reward

reward give better gear

better gear, win more

we now have

team good gear beats team bad gear

team good gear gets better gear

team bad gear gets nothing

team bad gear leaves WZ

team bad gear stops playing

there is no thrill to playing the target dummy in a fixed game. if that is what you consider PVP then you have never actually engaged in PVP. Keep drinking the coolaid!

Here is the thing that gets me

They talk about faction imbalance as the reason for no open world PvP. They don't have the technology to fix faction imbalance so were stuck with WZ's.

Fine I can live with that, but why award the dominate side and punish the dominated side? You just made it so the servers with large populations of a particular faction get rewarded for having the imbalance.

I understand winning=rewards. I get that, but not when all things are not equal.

Edited by Ceasaigh

I like to pvp.

however, I don't really have a lot of fun when we get completely rolled.

with the new changes, the gear disparity will continue to get bigger, at an accelerated pace, because my side (Republic) doesn't win much already and will now get far less valor and comms for it, meaning that the Imps will get even farther ahead in gear.

So yes, I like pvping for the sake of it. I don't like basically having no hope before even starting a match 9 out of 10 times.

I PvP for fun, that said I dont enjoy being gearstomped by a team full of people that i can not even scratch, when my previous experience from 20~-49 (pre-patch) saw me taking on anyone and usually winning toe to toe and surviving long enough for help to arrive against 2/3 enemies. Before the patch i enjoyed most warzones even when losing because even if the enemy were premades the games were usually pretty well balanced. There are no lolstats in PvP pre-50, and that for me is what keeps it fun and fairly balanced, this has been the case in every single MMO I have played.

Now that its going to take me some ridiculous amount of time to grind the gear so I even stand a remote chance at 50, I've lost interest completely.

Here's hoping GW2 is all its cracked up to be.

I played an entire PVP match of civil war as a BH merc healer. the enemy team targeted me & every time i showed up they INSTANTLY killed me. i tried everything i could but the slaughter continued.i was in that game the entire time & when it was over I got NOTHING!\

i find out that if you can't earn 3 medals YOU GET NOTHING.

it was badd enough that i got my *** handed to me.

&

tha lack of reward for staying and tring

is like a slap in the face!

F-U 1.2

p.s

1.2 ruined my character

F-U 1.2!!!!

I played an entire PVP match of civil war as a BH merc healer. the enemy team targeted me & every time i showed up they INSTANTLY killed me. i tried everything i could but the slaughter continued.

So enemy team are working as a team and your team don`t bother to help you and provide support?

thats sad.. and thats exactly why your team not deserve any of reward untill they not learn how to play in team..

Edited by Missandei

So enemy team are working as a team and your team don`t bother to help you and provide support?

thats sad.. and thats exactly why your team not deserve any of reward untill they not learn how to play in team..

1) it doesn't mean that HE deserves no rewards.

I played a match this morning where I was top healer on my team and got zeros across the board. I did my part and got nothing.

what fun is getting stomped by a premade? they get better gear cause they always win where you getting nothing or next to nothing causing you to get stomped more

My rewards?

This is INSANITY - how could it have gone live?

The problem is bigger than that. Because of the winers get stronger and the losers stay weak the gap gets to the point where there is no point. Its not fun to lose. No one likes it. and in situations where its hopeless people will only try for a losers rewards.

win or lose every player in the NFL gets a paycheck and gets scouted on their personal performance. In fact if they didn't you can bet that we'd have a lot fewer professional athletes. Its the same for PVP in a game.

to some people it feels like they are a bunch of pop warner children playing against the NY Giants. And people like you are saying stick it out its fun! all the while the Giants get to play with pads because they won the last 3 games but the pop warner team needs to win a few before they can buy their pads. And the pop warner team is still supposed to try to win.

there is nothing wrong with trying your best even when the chips are down. But when it is completely hopeless to win and you get nothing at all for losing even if you are playing your heart out, it's hard to even want to try.

BW has given us rules to PvP As it stands those rules are

#1 you must PvP for gear to PvP in

#2 you must win to complete daily missions that give you more gear faster

#3 you must win to get valor

#4 you must win to get tokens.

#5 personal achievement doesn't matter, you must win as a team.

#6 quitting to find another, better team is acceptable.

Is the result really a surprise?

I haven't noticed any more premades than usual, or more quitters. Oddly, the quiting looks to be down.

I also haven't had any matches with zero reward. I lost all 3 of my matches last night, and I still got XP, Valor (why?) and Comms.

What I have noticed is the DPS is on the wonky side, and my IA healer is significantly more prone to being immediately obliterated in a fight then he used to be. That is the only issue I have right now with the current WZ's that stands out so much I can say with only a handful of matches played.