Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Necrozze
05.02.2017 , 03:39 PM | #601
Well atleast we are getting somewhere, hoping it will be up and running soon. Want to get my daily fix in and it's currently 11:38 p.m here but thankfully I'm not starting work until 12 p.m tomorrow and who needs sleep right?

Bloodgodness
05.02.2017 , 03:39 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiana View Post
I'm just thinking that there has to be a better way to pad the timing for updates like this. The European market shouldn't be down and entire Prime Time day of gaming. I know there are people all over the world playing at all different times; I for example work nights, so my normal playtime is 3am - 8 am CST, but there has to be a way to more appropriately insert server downtime to reduce overall lost play time.

Of course, that being said, I know Sith does happen sometimes...it just kinda stinks.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
true i play on my day off all day (BST) or after work 5pm -11pm BST lol and now i did removed bitraider and redownloading game lol

Earlchaos
05.02.2017 , 03:40 PM | #603
Roll the crap back for f*** sake, almost 6 hours late now. Solve your problems later and test them on PTS. This is getting beyond ridiculous...
Known as Earlchaos, Anirab, Dharia in many worlds...

T3M4 - Trinitas Sancti: Maeverick, Hehith, Radusía, Scoltus etc.

Mongorr
05.02.2017 , 03:40 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by Michaelos View Post
"Did you try turning off then on again?"
Some footage from Bioware calling the data center:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqnF...youtu.be&t=34s

Bodhisfattva
05.02.2017 , 03:40 PM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
If you haven't got an ETA how do you have any idea if you are getting closer or not?

All The Best
that is what we call in the industry a lie to the player base. They do have an eta it just might not be very accurate...I have never had a boss that took no eta as an acceptable answer...

Epoah
05.02.2017 , 03:40 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by cambw View Post
for every hour of server downtime my autism increases.
^^^
This cracked me up.

Blade_Redwind
05.02.2017 , 03:41 PM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
So you voluntarily pay for and agree to something you don't like? And then are willing to let others know that you pay for and agree to something you don't like. /boggle
I pay for a service. Honestly, I'm not even bent out of shape about this. I'm just pointing out that people aren't happy about the fact that they can't play right now for various reasons, some of them not even reasons one might consider stupid. (For some people this might be there only day off for the week and they were genuinely looking forward to playing. And when you bust *** at work all week and you wanna play the one thing you paid for and it doesn't work? Leaves a bitter taste.)

And also--because pointing out that 'we' don't have to like it is just as silly as pointing out that people agreed to hiccups when they signed on to play the game and paid the sub fee.

NeoBlakkrstal
05.02.2017 , 03:41 PM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
This thread right here?

Exactly why Bioware shuts down the forums while servers are being patched.

No chill in yall's game. You're out literally 50c. If the servers are still down tomorrow, you're out a dollar. Like, get over it.
It isn't the money, it's the lost game time. For some people, today may have been one of those days when they can devote several hours to game play, when on other days they don't have available time. Perhaps, this was the one day of the week when they have that time, and now it is gone. This "inconvenience" deserves compensation. And I don't mean monetary, I mean game time. At least extend all subs by 1 day. I know it won't be much, or make up for the lost time, but at least it shows that BW/EA give a rats behind about their subscribers.

GORILLAMANPWNAGE
05.02.2017 , 03:41 PM | #609
Bioware owes us free cc for this

Chunkyseven
05.02.2017 , 03:41 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by DrKlep View Post
Yes.

Not only is it money I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving (or at least that's the case for the Euro players - whether we East Coasters get to play today is still in the air), but it would be an indication from Bioware that they take this matter seriously, take their customers seriously, and have respect for their customers' time and loyalty.
EA: Screw them, give us their money!
BIoWare: We are working to fix this so players can play.
EA: Get them to pay more!

EA all about money.