Earth & the Star Wars Universe

Aeneas_Falco

The opening crawl for each Star Wars film firmly sets the Star Wars galaxy as within our universe. "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

Earth exists in the same universe but just lies in a different galaxy. We're also apparently far forward in the timeline from every event in all the films.

So within the Star Wars lore, has there ever been any easter eggs or a bit of lore that suggests how humans got from the Star Wars galaxy to Earth? I'm assuming the Rakata put humanity on Earth, but wondering if there has ever been anything official in the EU.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I recall a book that Lando mentioned Earth and how he got an amazing drink called "hot chocolate" from there.

It was in the Thrawn books, and it does not even hint at Earth, just mentions the drink. There are in fact 8 planets that produce the pods (cocoa), at least until the Vong make a mess of that.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Chocolate

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are best friends. You might notice that in the "original" "Poltergeist" movie the boy is a Star Wars fan. He has toys, blankets, and a C-3P0 light switch cover.

Steven Spielberg even directed "E.T.: The Extraterrestrial." The alien we lovingly referred to as "E.T." crashed landed on EARTH!!! Eliott was showing E.T. his toys. They were Star Wars action figures.

In "Star Wars: Episode I: the Phantom Menace," there is the scene in the Republic Senate building where the Senators and their Representatives are arguing over the blockade in the Naboo System.

Watch it carefully or you'll miss it. You see little E.T.s in a senate box raising their long necks. If you watch the special features, GL himself will point out that he had E.T.s placed in the movie.

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace is canon.

There is your Star Wars / Earth connection

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info

Not to mention that C3PO and R2D2 are in the hieroglyphics near the Arc of the Covenant in the first Indiana Jones

I think Princess Leia is in the hieroglyphics, too.

Best I remember, one of the tanks that the Natzis used in the Last Crusade is also somewhere in the Coruscant traffic scene, so... there's your Space Natzis even before the Empire shows up.

Oh, and the crate that boxed up the Arc of the Covenant in at the end of Raiders? Twas burnt up in the Bespin Uganaught incinerator scene... you can even see the Reichsadler on the side of the box.

So, timey whimey influences/spacetime interactions.

I must have just got the feeling that that's where it had come from when I read the book :p

I suspect that was the intention, kind of a "oooo, I know what that stuff is!"

Everything else is renamed from stuff we are familiar with (caf = coffee, flimsi = paper etc.), but this one is familiar.