No more newbies!

BarbarikDave

Nah just kidding. Welcome newbies and welcome back to all you who have returned! Fills me with joy to see the servers so active! There are lots of things that have changed over the years and the game may be confusing to those not familiar but don't hesitate to ask for help in General Chat or on the forums. Lots of folks are willing to give advice, I've even noticed an increase in helpfulness on Imp side too. Stick around, consider subscribing if you enjoy the game and experience some of the best Star Wars stories this game has to offer!

May the force be with you friends!

You ought to change the title to "WELCOME ALL NOOBIES WE LOVE U!!!"

No one reads past titles nowadays. In fact, I can't believe no one has chastised you for hating noobies yet.

For the record I agree, noobies are wonderful. :o

All of us here started playing on line games some where .. at some point in time.

For me that was 15+ years ago.

Trying being the noob at age 55 !!

(come to think of it … I did win the Dyna-Geezer award )

LOL !!

Welcome aboard noobies …

The more … the merrier

Geezer award!!? You're not even a "Senior Citizen" at 55. 😉

But yes - welcome all newbies.

Edit - or were you 55, fifteen years ago?

Edited by JediQuaker

All of us here started playing on line games some where .. at some point in time.

For me that was 15+ years ago.

LOL !!

Welcome aboard noobies …

The more … the merrier

Glad they didn't catch me out for that award, at 57...:eek:

Glad they didn't catch me out for that award, at 57...:eek:

Yeah but were you 57 years old, 15+ years ago? Buzzard is ancient ffs. He's almost 100 now! Nice job Buzzard, you actually from an earlier era than me, and I thought I was pretty old for a gamer. :p

Yeah but were you 57 years old, 15+ years ago? Buzzard is ancient ffs. He's almost 100 now! Nice job Buzzard, you actually from an earlier era than me, and I thought I was pretty old for a gamer. :p

Funny thing .. the award … a 1955 Corvette !!

:eek::eek::eek:

(unfortunately the only thing left .. was the driver side handle !! )

;)

It's actually a lot of fun … (for the most part).

Playing games (like SFC OP and SFCIII ) got me started into learning how do utilized programs like Wings 3-D (generating 3-D models). No training on this stuff at all... just wanted to have fun.

And I do enjoy meeting folks like your self, Cassi … DarkTergon… StevetheCynic … and so many more ! ( hope I don't offend anyone )

This is a really good game with a rich history and lore !

I do kind of wish we had a way of uploading screen shots of stuff more easily off of our HD ..

At any rate back on topic:

For those that are new … welcome! I hope you have as much fun as I do ( and more). Never underestimate where something like this can lead. I would have never even thought about 3-D models on a computer … until I started playing games like this on line (and yes .. ) 15+ years ago now !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Geezer award!!? You're not even a "Senior Citizen" at 55. 😉

But yes - welcome all newbies.

Edit - or were you 55, fifteen years ago?

Ummm … let me see !

Actually .. at that time I was 55. But I had been on line playing that game for right at 2 years (at that time) .. sooo that all took place at or about 13 years ago. (sorry about that chief)

:D

I was the oldest player on line in that community playing that game at that time. (Yes … they took a pole. And it's entirely possible that no one else wanted to admit their age !) It should also be noted that there are at least two (possibly more) that are here that are older than I am.

:eek:

I celebrate my 68th in a few weeks !

;)

To any noobies … Never let your age get in the way of learning something new … and fun !! (Younger or older) .

Agreed! Delighted to see 144 on Ord Mantell this morning; newb or returning or continuing players playing! Hoping it lasts! :D

------======------======------======------======

was just on coruscant, 5 instances open, and it's not even peak times. Great to see again, pain in the *** when doing certain heroics, but a small price to pay for a living game ;)

(sorry about that chief) :D

It should also be noted that there are at least two (possibly more) that are here that are older than I am.

I celebrate my 68th in a few weeks !

I can definitely confirm that there's at least one person here older than you. 🙂

Love the Maxwell Smart reference. 😉

Which makes me think that, given modern cell technology, it would now be possible to make an actual shoe-phone. 😂

Edited by JediQuaker

Hey so a question...why is that? Why are there so many new players? Is it Corona related?

It's great for the game. I do have to get used to doing FP's with newbs again but you can't have it both ways I guess.

Edited by Gokkus

Hey so a question...why is that? Why are there so many new players? Is it Corona related?

It's great for the game. I do have to get used to doing FP's with newbs again but you can't have it both ways I guess.

It's a mixture of things, the new star wars stuff, people having more time at home, plus them reverting back to imp V pubs, and of course CQ has improved, put them all together, and we've a bustling population again, :)