Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Veterans punished.. again?


LordMilitus's Avatar


LordMilitus
10.04.2015 , 05:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordElpus View Post
In the blog post around the level adjustments it was clear it would be a reverse bolster. This would not affect your skills so it's probably safe to assume that your damage output will still be higher than the a toon of the correct level of that area/planet. All the little extras you get as the skill rank goes up *should* still counts as all the reverse bolster does is nerf your current gear to a set level.

As to the crafting system, it needed something doing. Whilst levelling there was holes in the moddable gear components (ie lack of tanking mods, large level gaps between some mods so you'd have to use commends) and the rng for reverse engineering was often felt completely broken. Not felt the need to craft anything for quite sometime esp as the likes of Armourtech and Armstech becoming almost useless (although the recent agent craftable gear was a nice move forward)

Will these changes be good? Who knows, Until we hit the early access in 16 days time we won't know. In theory it sounds like a lot of the moves are in the right direction, the proof will be in the pudding as they say. Do feel punished as a Vet? No. I've experienced much more of this game than future players will have access to. I've had the elation of beating both Lost Island SM and HM before they nerfed hacked the difficulty do. I've had early access to Makeb and whilst it was clear we had something of a beta testing role we paid for early access. I've been able to experience all the OPs before people knew how to complete them and have to figure out how ourselves.

After a couple of years of players blitzing Denova whilst over levelled and geared, I think some teams are going to have a rude wakeup call when EC HM gets boosted to 65.
Even with just debolstering, it still ruins the point of RPers. For example, last night there was a roleplay event in House Rist, with lots of NPCs there, who respawn VERY quickly. They'd just kill people in the middle of emotes etc. It's the main reason roleplayers level their characters, to NOT have to deal with that.

I won't argue something had to be done about crafting, I'm glad they're fixing it, but it again punishes people who spend time and effort on it. They get nothing new while new players don't have to deal with old hassle.

As in experiencing things, sure, we did that, and definately with Ops.. When we do Ops, I still explain tactics, even if they're irrelevant at level 60. Just incase, aswell for old times sake. New players will just shrug off anything we've done because that's MMO attitude.

Quote: Originally Posted by IronGalaxy View Post
Would this not improve roleplaying because now you will feel more immersed in the world and feel threatened by your environment?
Not at all. Roleplayer is often done with RP NPCs that aren't there, in character the place isn't what is actually is, for example the House Rist I mentioned earlier in this post was in character just an abandoned base. There shouldn't be tons of enemies there. Immersion is how the guild master or event leader writes it, not chosen by OOC NPCs being there.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordElpus View Post
Surely your massed group of minions can hold them off whilst you do whatever it is you are doing in the first place? Remember, your active and passive skills do not lower. Any damage, crit buffs you get from passives still apply as does damage boosts from skill ranks. It's just your gear that gets nerfed down to appropriate grade for the planet.

It's not enough to be unharmed in the middle of roleplay while typing, or if you want to pass through a Heroic to get to a gorgeous area.

LordElpus's Avatar


LordElpus
10.04.2015 , 08:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMilitus View Post
RP Related stuff.
Valid points, perhaps they need to bring back a pure RP server with the Level Matching switched off?

LordMilitus's Avatar


LordMilitus
10.04.2015 , 10:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordElpus View Post
Valid points, perhaps they need to bring back a pure RP server with the Level Matching switched off?
That'd be pretty cool, yeah. With how servers and population is atm, seems a tad unlikely though.

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
10.04.2015 , 12:45 PM | #14
1. SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP. I have been playing as a subscriber non-stop since beta, so my slaps are very potent. SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!. Want me to slap you again?

2. Have any of you actually watched the most recent livestream where Eric Musco goes to do a Heroic on Dromund Kass on his 60, hasn't spent any of his utility points and isn't even using a proper rotation, yet he STILL facerolls elites? If not, you might check that out before yo complain about how hard it's going to be to solo low level heroics at 60 when level synced.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

LordMilitus's Avatar


LordMilitus
10.04.2015 , 02:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
1. SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP. I have been playing as a subscriber non-stop since beta, so my slaps are very potent. SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!. Want me to slap you again?

2. Have any of you actually watched the most recent livestream where Eric Musco goes to do a Heroic on Dromund Kass on his 60, hasn't spent any of his utility points and isn't even using a proper rotation, yet he STILL facerolls elites? If not, you might check that out before yo complain about how hard it's going to be to solo low level heroics at 60 when level synced.
Nobody is complaining about soloing heroics. It's unrelated.

LordElpus's Avatar


LordElpus
10.04.2015 , 11:22 PM | #16
The point he is making is the same I was, you will not have any issues taking down mobs or elites whilst level matched.

LordMilitus's Avatar


LordMilitus
10.05.2015 , 06:00 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LordElpus View Post
The point he is making is the same I was, you will not have any issues taking down mobs or elites whilst level matched.
Standing still in the middle of an emote or long message and actively fighting things are a /huge/ difference though. :P
And how will this even work for bonus areaS?

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
10.05.2015 , 06:58 AM | #18
RoTHC became free after like a year or so. At that point, how is having paid for it relevant anymore?
You're saying you would have waited a year with playing the expansion if you knew it was going to be free at that point?


Don't be ridiculous.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

PavSalco's Avatar


PavSalco
10.05.2015 , 07:42 AM | #19
It's the gaming industry. Don't like it? Play chess. Veterans are not punished. I gathered datacrons and leveled up my first character in 2013 and four other in 2014 before any X12 and shorter QTs. I maxed out all crew skills and got many schematics. I don't have a single problem with the upcoming changes. IMO the problem lies in those no-life veterans that feel entitled to a certain part of the game and believe that others shouldn't get an easier path to it. They want to make it exclusive to that minor part of the community and force Bioware ignore a high demand for e.g. legacy datacrons.
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it

LordMilitus's Avatar


LordMilitus
10.05.2015 , 09:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
RoTHC became free after like a year or so. At that point, how is having paid for it relevant anymore?
You're saying you would have waited a year with playing the expansion if you knew it was going to be free at that point?


Don't be ridiculous.
It wasn't nearly that long. I'm ridiculous for having an opinion? Good for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
It's the gaming industry. Don't like it? Play chess. Veterans are not punished. I gathered datacrons and leveled up my first character in 2013 and four other in 2014 before any X12 and shorter QTs. I maxed out all crew skills and got many schematics. I don't have a single problem with the upcoming changes. IMO the problem lies in those no-life veterans that feel entitled to a certain part of the game and believe that others shouldn't get an easier path to it. They want to make it exclusive to that minor part of the community and force Bioware ignore a high demand for e.g. legacy datacrons.
"Don't like it? Play Chess". What kind of bogus is that? If you want to tell me to F myself, do it frankly. I did the same as you, as did others who posted here, they /do/ have problems with it. People feel different about things. I never said others shouldn't get anything, did I? Incase you didn't read it, I did say the datacrons, and most other changes, are a good thing, but it feels like punishment to those who already did it. So before you throw an absolute anger fit, please read properly. Thank you.