So Rakata Prime... The wrong direction in difficulty

Toweleeeie

Seriously, this new FP is completely solo-able. The bosses lack anything resembling mechanics. I am REALLY hoping that the HM versions of Forged Alliance are on par with original Lost Island in difficulty or harder.

It is a beautiful landscape but it is way to easy.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same with Maanan, you can solo that as well.

Manaan actually provided some interested and challenging mechanics outside the 1st boss the other 2 are essentially tank and spanks with little to no added mechanics, love the enironment and the storyline is awsome but in terms of boss mechanics this is the weakest of the Forged Alliance saga

Keep on trollin' on.

:rolleyes:

Try it, quite a few people in Drop it Like it's Hoth have solo'd it, I know of both Jugg DPS and Merc healers who have done it. Required geared companions but then there is no real reason if you raid to not have a companion in at least full 180's with some Dread Touched with the amount of that that goes to waste.

Same as Manaan? Yeah you're trollin. Ok, trash pulls never have any more then 1 gold and 2 or 3 silvers.

Worst Tactical yet IMO, but it is beautiful.

HM's, as the word does imply, are supposed to be challenging.

Tacticals on the other hand, at the time they were first introduced, were designed to be easy, a fun kind-of playthrough for the most part, which only changed ever slightly at the time Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython were released.

Why do you deem relevant and / or try to sound like a total bada*s over the fact a Tactical is - apparently - easy is quite frankly beyond me.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It is the same with Maanan, you can solo that as well.

That said, why do people hold Lost Island up on a pedalstall. That FP was also a piece of piss to run, harder than the rest but still faceroll...

The original Lost Island had more mechanics and tighter DPS checks than other flash points. For many it took hours and countless wipes. Nevertheless once you mastered/understood it, it became easy just like other content. Still, wouldn't you like more flash points like it than like Maanan?

Tacticals on the other hand, at the time they were first introduced, were designed to be easy, a fun kind-of playthrough for the most part, which only changed ever slightly at the time Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython were released.

Why do you deem relevant and / or try to sound like a total bada*s over the fact a Tactical is - apparently - easy is quite frankly beyond me.

I am just disappointed, that is all...

The original Lost Island had more mechanics and tighter DPS checks than other flash points. For many it took hours and countless wipes. Nevertheless once you mastered/understood it, it became easy just like other content. Still, wouldn't you like more flash points like it than like Maanan?

But that's like any type of game content. Once you understand the mechanics of it its really simple. I know people spent weeks some even months on Operator XI HM or Kephess HM because of the mechanics but once you got a stragety in place it was a 1 shot for them. Anybody who says Lost Island was a faceroll either didn't play it when it first released or trolling

I don't mind its difficulty as it's a tactical flashpoint after all, but I don't accept the fact that the final boss, the final encounter of the Forged Alliances has no mechanics whatsoever. That's a huge disappointment. I was positively surprised by the Manaan Flashpoint and it made me believe that tactical flashpoints can be entertaining for noncasuals as well. I was looking forward to Rakata Prime but it didn't deliver. It's beautiful but in terms of gameplay it lacks quality.

The 1st boss has some basic mechanics - ok.

The 2nd boss summons a large group of mobs - ok and fun (at least for me).

The 3rd boss that you expect to be the most interesting has nothing, just close your eyes and smash buttons :(

Edited by PavSalco

I am just disappointed, that is all...

I have to agree with Toweleeie here. The dissapointment of Rakata is not it's difficulty but the simplicity of the boss fights. all the other forged alliance had at least some interesting mechanics to them. Outside of the first boss (and that's stretching it) the other 2 fights were simply dull. Wanted to see more fights similar to Manaan.

I don't mind that it is easy as it's a tactical flashpoint after all, but I don't accept the fact that the final boss, the final encounter of the Forged Alliances has no mechanics whatsoever. That's a huge disappointment. I was positively surprised by the Manaan Flashpoint and it made me believe that tactical flashpoints can be entertaining for noncasuals as well. I was looking forward to Rakata Prime but it didn't deliver. It's beautiful but in terms of gameplay it lacks quality.

The 3rd boss that you expect to be the most interesting has nothing, just close your eyes and smash buttons :(

There were mechanics. It's just that they weren't too complex and you were likely way over geared for the fight. But when you down one the other one becomes more powerful, so you're supposed to switch back and forth and bring them down together.

I have to agree with Toweleeie here. The dissapointment of Rakata is not it's difficulty but the simplicity of the boss fights. all the other forged alliance had at least some interesting mechanics to them. Outside of the first boss (and that's stretching it) the other 2 fights were simply dull. Wanted to see more fights similar to Manaan.

I haven't checked it yet so I wouldn't know.

Regardless, my earlier point remains. Also...

Same as Manaan? Yeah you're trollin. Ok, trash pulls never have any more then 1 gold and 2 or 3 silvers.

Worst Tactical yet IMO, but it is beautiful.

This is just nitpicking.

I don't mind its difficulty as it's a tactical flashpoint after all, but I don't accept the fact that the final boss, the final encounter of the Forged Alliances has no mechanics whatsoever. That's a huge disappointment. I was positively surprised by the Manaan Flashpoint and it made me believe that tactical flashpoints can be entertaining for noncasuals as well. I was looking forward to Rakata Prime but it didn't deliver. It's beautiful but in terms of gameplay it lacks quality.

^Pretty much this. The only thing I will say about the last boss is Arkous can sometimes hit like a truck but easily managable. Story is great, Scenery is Beautiful but it fails in terms of boss fights.

The same problem like in Manaan, bosses are easy but you have to spend a lot of time and it is boring.

For 55 lvl's this new FP is unbelievable boring and loot is worst i ever seen.

Why this FP is for lvl 55? First bosses drops blue lvl 53 gear and only last boss drops one belt 162 rating. No point to do this FP except for daily.

I haven't checked it yet so I wouldn't know.

Regardless, my earlier point remains. Also...

This is just nitpicking.

So you're disagreeing with me and you haven't even run it yet? You present great evidence to your're argument, you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Oh wait you're just trolling...

Edited by Toweleeeie

So you're disagreeing with me and you haven't even run it yet? You present great evidence to your're argument, you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Oh wait you're just trolling...

Do I need to run the flashpoint to point out the obvious?

That tacticals are not exactly supposed to be challenging? That complaining over the fact some enemies are Strong and Elite is not hardcore enough for the likes of you is silly?

No, I do not.

Before accusing others of trolling, I suggest you look at the mirror.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

While I loved the environment and cutscenes, I have to agree with these "complaints".

Manaan provided at least some interesting tactics that could cause easy deaths if someone was doing stupidities.

But this, I was hoping for a bit more, especially on the final encounter (something like using those conveniently placed turrets the camera spend some time on}. But instead we got a boring spank fight (I will not even say tank and spank, because there is no way to tank there) with someone getting pulled randomly and briefly stunned...

I do hope we will get HM versions of these flashpoints at some point, with much better tactics.

Lost Island difficult? Doesn't look that difficult tbh.

This is after nerf with character at level 55 in good gear (looks 180-ish, assuming from HP). It was a real nightmare when it got released (gear recommended/required was Columi gear, a gear that dropped only from operations).