New WoW expansion announced! Any hurry-up for SWTOR?

SaerethDL

Well, I suppose I wanted to specify it, since there probably are more new players than old players by now, who don't know the SWTOR history if you will.

It's been my experience that if you tell Bioware I would like 10 but I'll accept 5, they'll give you 4 and hope you'll learn to live with it since you were willing to accept 5 if you know what I mean.

So yeah RotHC was better than what we get now as far as content value is concerned but at the same time I don't want to aim low since I really want more. I'm sure you're no different in that though :)

Yes, you definitely want to ask for double or triple with Bioware because you know you’ll get less than half. At least if you ask for more than double, you’ll end up with what you would be happy with.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - but I agree. WoW announces things YEAR in advance with a lot of details and information about changes. EA/Bioware halfway announces "Something is coming..." and provides little to no details except a month or two before it happens. Even then the marketing suits seem to shutdown any sort of information on things that might or might not happen beyond 5 months out in this game. It's a little sad from a user standpoint and one of the reasons folks leave this game. (No content, no communication, no pulse)

Don’t forget they also hide things that will be unpalatable or outright deceive of lie about them now.

There is no player trust or good will remaining. Even the white knights are becoming cynical and their expectations have dropped so low now that they can white knight being kicked in the guts.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What WoW is implementing is akin to level sync but not quite. Zones dynamically adjust to the player level rather than the player being scaled down. If you're level 20 and still somehow questing in Elwynn Forest, mobs and quest rewards will scale up to level 20 as well so you can finish the zone out at your own leisure without feeling you "must" move on to a different zone in order to get the amount of XP/rewards appropriate to your level. Similarly, if you hit level 60 and you hate Outlands but love Northerend, you can now head to Northerend at level 60.

There will be base limits though, a lowest and max level cut off. I think they stated that Westfall for example will not scale higher than level 50 tops, and at level 5 you can't just wander into Eastern Plaguelands expecting everything to be at your level. It's also not the way it is in SWTOR where if you're level 50 but the zone you're in is 40-43, that you end up still being 5 levels higher than the mobs. If the Legion precedent is followed, there will never be more than a 1 lvl difference at most between you and the npcs/mobs and thus keeping it 'challenging'.

It basically adds some flexibility and variety in choosing your leveling path, without turning into a roflstomp fest. Which imo is quite nice.

Which is how swtor should have handled lvl sync

I don't think this (the no voice acting part) would be well received by a significant number of players.

The "classic KOTOR" style conversations in KOTFE rubbed some people the wrong way. So, I don't think people will be willing to go along with no voice acting.

While I concur it could be a way to save time and money, I don't know if the community as a whole is ready to give up voice acting.

The game could sure use the other things you mentioned though. While I would be more than glad for any and everything you mentioned, I want to give a special call out to

We really haven't had a big, fully explorable planet since launch. Makeb could have been that if it was all connected instead of it being chunks of isolated islands only connected by speeders. Rishi was heading in that direction it felt like, but it was little small, imo

Probably because lack of VA isn't offsetted by a good amount of contents, if you made it the price to pay for 4-5 fully explorable and 3d planet, a good number of FP and OP a new class etc. I'm pretty sure 90% will be glad, maybe a bit sad but would thrown 50 buck ot bioware to buy this xpack.

Then when the resource allow it they can reintroduce VA for special quest chains or events.