Pay2Win Space Missions ???

Dirtyshadow

Am I reading and understanding the following right....

The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.

Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.

The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...

circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...

is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???

:rak_02: :rak_02: :rak_02:

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I reading and understanding the following right....

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...

circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...

is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???

:rak_02: :rak_02: :rak_02:

To me, yes that is pay2win. But to a lot of other people it won't be because you never interact with players during the space missions.

but if I understood correctly you can now earn BH comms doing space missions, as well as some nice amount of space comms, both of which will result in the same... getting top-end pve gear faster and easier. So it's p2w, even if a bit indirectly.

To me, yes that is pay2win. But to a lot of other people it won't be because you never interact with players during the space missions.

the completiion of said space missions results in daily, blackhole and fleet commendations, and credits... ingame currency farming.

Also just saw them ingame. I feel really sick in my stomach.

Thats just plain disgusting... 2nd interation of cartel market, and its already taken a shady turn.

Even if its just the space "mini" game, thats just plain wrong, selling the items that require large volume ingame grinding... I hope this is something they STOP here and never repeat again, cause if it turns up again.

The only thing the store should be selling is new ships, ship skins, colour crystals for ships imo... not usable, and top level space combat gear.

Edited by Dirtyshadow

I don't consider it to be P2W unless you're actually competing with other players i.e. PVP.

My only concern is if the cost they set for going the grinding route is being influenced by trying to get subbers to pay cash instead to obtain these items. That... I would consider to be despicable.

Edited by UCKFred

what a sad path this game is walking, like I anticipated all the shiny fun stuff from now on will be available mostly on cartel shop. only 3 ship upgrades available from vendor, rest are only from cartel shop..

pay2win garbage, last time i resubd.

Edited by tzagheru

what a sad path this game is walking, like I anticipated all the shiny stuff from now on will be available mostly on cartel shop. only 3 ship upgrades available from vendor, rest are only from cartel shop..

pay2win garbage, last time i resubd.

a

Pay 2 win what??

is there leader boards?

are you playing against other players?

does the way someone else plays space missions affect your ability to play the game??

You play the way you want to play and they play the way they want to play.

Quit crying over something that has utterly no affect on your enjoyment of the game.

Nobody cares about Space....

I Care and I was hoping to get back from job and play some new missions but it seams that addionaly to the sub I will need to pay once again to be able to play them or grind for atleast a week. :(

This kind of bevahior will not keep me here for long. I just started to regret for resubing...

I hope they will change their altitude quickly because I would like to play SWTOR and pay sub for it but I'm just loosing motivation.

B.R.

Leigabar

I don't consider it to be P2W unless you're actually competing with other players i.e. PVP.

My only concern is if the cost they set for going the grinding route is being influenced by trying to get subbers to pay cash instead to obtain these items. That... I would consider to be despicable.

What would be the difference then with buying full Dread Guard set with cartel coins ? That would be P2W. And so it's this.

EVERY f2p game eventually slides towards p2w. It's just the reality of the genre/industry. EA is a slimier company than most...look at their other F2P games (like the EAsy ones). If you are surprised it happened or even that it happened this fast -- well, you were being foolish.

Enjoy. It's just the beginning. :D

I Care and I was hoping to get back from job and play some new missions but it seams that addionaly to the sub I will need to pay once again to be able to play them or grind for atleast a week. :(

Oh noes you will have to play content that you say you enjoy for a whole week!!!! How dare they!

I am sure if you open a CS ticket they will just send you everything you are entitled to for free with no effort on your part.

Pay2Win is when the best things are ONLY on the market. This is just another option designed to milk the greedy and impatient "Must have it NOW!" crowd and there is nothing wrong with that.