Game quits to desktop when mouse hovers over map icon or text in quest tracker

MiniBeas

Good Morning,

I have been trying to diagnose and fix this issue. First thing is first. Here are my specs for the machine where this problem occurs.

XPS 13

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English

16GB LPDDR3 1866MHz

Backlit Keyboard, English

Intel® HD Graphics 5500

512GB PCIe Solid State Drive

DW1820A 2x2 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz + Bluetooth4.1

6th Generation Intel Core i7-6500U (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

13.3” QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display

I am able to login to the game without issue. When I hover my mouse over the map or quest tracker the game quits to desktop with no error message. Here is a link to a screenshot I took to help you guys out.

http://imgur.com/3G1sQtQ

I have downloaded the game twice. I have tried removed the BitRaider folder multiple times to verify the files. I have made sure that all of my computers drivers are up to date, including the newest BIOS update. I have also tried a clean boot and had no success fixing the problem. I have also run the game on the absolute lowest settings and the problem still occurs. I am pretty sure there is some sort of issue with the API or driver issue as my desktop has none of these issues. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Andrew Beasley

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the latest driver or different versions of the Intel drivers , this appears to be unique to Intel cards

As exhibited here they sorted it by not using the Intel card and switched to the NVidia card , which unfortunately whilst great in that instance doesn't help those that only have Intel video cards.

best is to report it to intel as a bug so they can include a fix in a future version , off hand I would imagine an older version may help just which I am not sure.

Will try and flag for further attention in any case as this maybe something that can be passed to Intel by the studio

Edited by OwenBrooks

So I tried the beta driver which was installed by Microsoft automatically when I updated the driver in device manager. Still the same issue as before. One thing I find interesting is that linux users are having a similar issue when trying to run in WINE. Here is the link.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5654104

Do you have any recommendations on which logs I should look through, either Windows or TOR?

Edited by MiniBeas

To add to the diagnosis, the crash ONLY happens when there is an active quest where there is a spinning icon on the map. If you hover over the quest associated with the spinning icon in the mission tracker, or hover the mouse over the actual spinning icon on either the minimap or the main map, the game quits to desktop. Everything else works perfectly. My question is who do I go to for support, the Game Developers or the Hardware manufacturer because I am not seeing any error logs in the Windows Event Viewer. Please advise.

Can see if anything is listed in the reliabity monitor in windows

can also see if any dumps have been created with say this

So I tried both of these, and I have had no success with either the Windows Reliability Monitor nor have I had success with WhoCrashed. So I am not sure if it is a Driver issue.

• 2 weeks later...
I put in a support ticket in game for this issue because I am having it too but they just copied and pasted a link to the forum and the EA Support site and closed the ticket. Didn't even try to help. My other computer is having the AMD issue where lightsaber blades and force lightening don't show up. That is supposedly and AMD graphics issue and this is apparently an Intel graphics issue. Is there any graphics card this game does work with anymore?:mad:

I am on Windows 10 (which is BootCamped, but it shouldn't matter) and I installed the driver version 10.18.10.4252 for my Intel Iris 5100 card using an Intel utility.

I did however notice a very small issue today where some of the eye textures went all black for a while, but it seemed to sort itself and is certainly not uncommon with Intel cards.

Edited by airsnipers

Using a Lenovo laptop with HD4600 recently updated to Windows 10, with the same minimap issue afterwards. Reverting back to a manufacturer's Windows 8.1 display driver (from 2013) no longer causes the game to quit to desktop when hovering over quests with area indicator on minimap. Rollback does appear to be on the right track.

Been having and trying to deal with this issue. Was excited to hear rolling back seems to fix the issue. As I had recently updated my drivers I thought it was a logical fix. But I can't rollback. Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do?

just Uninstall them. you should be able to uninstall any drivers you want and then add the version you are interested in, methinks. At least in windows 7 and 8 u can do this.

~Koko

Been having and trying to deal with this issue. Was excited to hear rolling back seems to fix the issue. As I had recently updated my drivers I thought it was a logical fix. But I can't rollback. Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do?

You went into device manager, brought up graphics card drivers and couldn't roll back?

Having the exact same issue... been trying to install different driver versions of the Intel Graphics Driver. I found out I can do this by first installing the driver from Intel's website, disable the driver, update driver then choose from a list of driver versions installed. I'm running 10.18.0015.4256.

Here's some basic information on my laptop... (laugh it up if you want but it's a great laptop that was given for me for Christmas a year ago)

0101 - Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.160104-1507)

0102 - Language : English (Regional Setting: English)

0103 - BIOS : A01

0104 - Processor : Intel® Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

0105 - Memory : 8192MB RAM

0106 - Available OS Memory : 8096MB RAM

0107 - Page File : 4915MB used, 4460MB available

0108 - Windows Dir : C:\WINDOWS

0109 - DirectX Version : DirectX 12

0110 - DX Setup Parameters : Not found

0111 - User DPI Setting : Using System DPI

0112 - System DPI Setting : 96 DPI (100 percent)

0113 - DWM DPI Scaling : Disabled

0114 - DxDiag Version : 10.00.10240.16384

A full system info report generated by Razer Cortex is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7s0tjlmjcme2t5/Razer%20Cortex%20Diagnostics%20Report.txt?dl=0

Using a Lenovo laptop with HD4600 recently updated to Windows 10, with the same minimap issue afterwards. Reverting back to a manufacturer's Windows 8.1 display driver (from 2013) no longer causes the game to quit to desktop when hovering over quests with area indicator on minimap. Rollback does appear to be on the right track.

Which driver version did you roll back to?