Stuck at 38

killuchen

if you've done every quest (not including heroics) you will be level 10 or 11.

On Typhon my Jedi Knight was lvl 9 when I left. I did every mission on the system other then the heroics. At that point it was my 3rd or 4th run though on Typhon so I knew all the quests.

The amount I was short was so small that doing 4 of the crew skill quests was enough to get me to 10.

On the other hand on Hutta and Ord Mantell on my BH, and Trooper I was lvl 10 without doing the heroics.

My experience:

Commando --

Left Ord Mantell at level 12

Left Coruscant at 18

Did some space missions and generic stuff to hit 20.

Left Taris at 25 (did bonus)

Left Nar Shaddaa at 29 (did bonus at 34 after leaving Tatooine)

Left Tatooine at 34 (did bonus)

Left Alderaan at 37 (xp was really low on this world due to being so high above it -- most missions were gray by 37)

Left Balmorra at 41 (did bonus)

Currently on Quesh, still 41

Vanguard --

Left Ord Mantell at 12

Left Coruscant at 19

Skipped Taris, just did class quests. Left there at 20.

Left Nar Shaddaa at 24

Left Tatooine at 31

Did about half of Alderaan, then blasted the class quests since I'd made it to 35 there and was getting bored.

Did the Quesh planet quests and got to 38.

Went back and just did the Balmorra class quests and made 39.

Did the 1 class quest on Quesh.

Went to Hoth and finished it up at level 43.

Now just landed on Belsavis already 2 levels high and I have skipped 2.5 planets.

Sage --

Left Tython at 11

Left Coruscant at 18

Left Taris at 25

Left Nar Shaddaa at 29

Left Tatooine at 33

Left Alderaan at 38

Just landed on Balmorra

2nd Sage --

Left Tython at 11

Left Coruscant at 19 (did heroic repeats)

Left Taris at 25

Left Nar Shaddaa at 29

Currently on Tatooine at 29. Has completed Anchorhead area, but nothing from the 2nd hub yet.

Shadow --

Left Tython at 11

Left Coruscant at 18

Skipped Taris, except class quests. Left there at 20

Left Nar Shaddaa at 25

Currently on Tatootine, doing bonus quest series. Level 29

Scoundrel --

Left Ord Mantell at 12

Left Coruscant at 19

Dinked around with friends, did a few space missions here and there.

Currently on Taris at 22, still in the 1st section.

Assassin --

Left Korriban at 12

Left Dromund Kaas at 19

Left Balmorra at 25.

Still level 25, hasn't done anything on Nar Shaddaa yet.

TL;DR -- Every toon I've got is massively over leveled for the planet they're on, with the exception of my Vanguard which skipped 2.5 planets and is therefore only 2 levels above, rather than "massively."

OP at anytime did a 50 drag you through quests? That would explain a cut in experience. I have never been underleveled for any planet and normally just do every quest minus Heroics unless they can be soloed. Just a thought, maybe we aren't getting the whole story?

My experience:

TL;DR -- Every toon I've got is massively over leveled for the planet they're on, with the exception of my Vanguard which skipped 2.5 planets and is therefore only 2 levels above, rather than "massively."

Nice breakdown.

Yep, that's my experience too. On all characters I've had to skip something to stay within the realms of 'on level'. First character I only did class quests on Alderaan and ignored everything else, second character got to play alderaan so skipped a bunch of Nar Shadaar. My char who has just arrived on Quesh as a lvl 41 did the single class quest and one quest picked up on arrival and has now left the planet. Without the skipping I'd end up doing grey missions, which is also a complaint seen in these forums!

Two completely conflicting reports ("always over level" and "always under level") which can't be reconciled, but I know which version of reality I suffer from!

On Typhon my Jedi Knight was lvl 9 when I left. I did every mission on the system other then the heroics. At that point it was my 3rd or 4th run though on Typhon so I knew all the quests.

The amount I was short was so small that doing 4 of the crew skill quests was enough to get me to 10.

I guess if the amount of XP to get you to lvl 10 was that small that it simply came down to how many trash mobs you happened to kill while doing your missions. I don't generally go out of my way to kill everything in sight, but equally I don't try and walk around and avoid enemies. If there's a group in my way then I'll take them on. I suppose some people may be trying to avoid fighting as much as possible, which would lead to the situation of being under levelled a little. I suppose if they did that on every planet then maybe that difference gets magnified, but I'm not sure it could be so magnified as reported by the OP!

After I was done with Hoth on my Shadow, I was level 39, and Belsavis is 41-44, I've been playing PvP and gotten a lot of experience, so a tip do that. Now I'm almost level 41, although I'm "Supposed" to be level 43:D.

THe space missions help alot especially if you do them periodically or after each planet when i got my ship on my consular i was level 17 by the time i actually went to nar shadaa i was level 19 from doing the space missions like 3 times each. (EDIT:: actually now that i think about it i probably did them like 6 times each since it was my first character i got a ship with)

Now after each planet i do the space missions that are yellow and orange and if you do them at the right levels the first time you complete it you get over 10,000 exp and around 3-5k after that along with the mission exp and the exp from destorying ships and turrets.

Also, I did this on taris on my sorcerer and i may be the only one but, i didn't pick up the quest on the space station at first cause i didn't notice the guy so there was nothign but, my class quests on the planet. (I quickly realized i had missed that) Do all the mission do the staged bonuses and do the bonus series for each planet and you should be perfectly fine. Also, 2+ Heroics if you are 3-4 levels above it shouldn't be too difficult just require some skill.

Edited by azulotu