Snipers still facetanking melee

varietasplus

Title says it all, same old story. Remind me what the basic idea is supposed to be of ranged in the rock-paper-scissors? Because they still seem to have it all without disadvantages.

Shooters have a lot of tricks up their sleeve. Accuracy debuff, 8 sec blind, hightail, dampers, KB, etc... Yes very hard to kill and have a ton of dps. With a quick mind they are machine. I see them becoming more of fotm once they are learned to play. I myself am now dusting off my 70 that I once mained during hybrid for an alt.

Yeah i had the same issue in pvp 2 days ago the sniper took one whole minute to notice me and then just rolled away or pushed me away.Granted i was playing Annihilation mara but there is that little fact that i am basically full gear min/maxed aside from the BiS augs.He should at least need to notice my existance.Then again i was litteraly tripplekilling snipers in pvp today with fury so idk. Edited by Spasi

@ OP: yeah... they are still facetanking melee...

I am bewildered that even the medicores now can ignore melee dps for atleast first 10~15 sec b4 they notice and roll away, holo-locate or pulse melee dps away...

I wonder how troublesome they will get after dust is settled and good snipers starts hunting... :(

I still think Sniper need more. Yes in Regz we just dominate not only players, but also the area.

In ranked it is a problem with stealth classes and I die (globaled) especially the current bursty Operatives and Dec Sins. Possibly I am the problem, cause I am more used to healer kiting mostly with Sage. Sniper kiting is totally different, in the sense that is more about slowing who is following you.

I am not a fan of the new ability to be fair, I think it suits more Sages. It is useful but not a big deal, since we do remain in combat when used and really we cannot heal up. Also clever guys usually know where u do it in Ranked.

In Regz the new ability is useful, especially in defending nodes and turrets.

I still think Sniper need more. Yes in Regz we just dominate not only players, but also the area.

In ranked it is a problem with stealth classes and I die (globaled) especially the current bursty Operatives and Dec Sins. Possibly I am the problem, cause I am more used to healer kiting mostly with Sage. Sniper kiting is totally different, in the sense that is more about slowing who is following you.

I am not a fan of the new ability to be fair, I think it suits more Sages. It is useful but not a big deal, since we do remain in combat when used and really we cannot heal up. Also clever guys usually know where u do it in Ranked.

In Regz the new ability is useful, especially in defending nodes and turrets.

Sniper's Ballistic Shield needs to work like Responsive Safeguards or be an AoE reflect for all those inside the shield... it just lacks the necessary DCDs to deal with all those teams of stunlocking stealthers...

Sniper's Ballistic Shield needs to work like Responsive Safeguards or be an AoE reflect for all those inside the shield... it just lacks the necessary DCDs to deal with all those teams of stunlocking stealthers...

I'd assume you are joking.

Because snips already has an off heal utility + plethora of talent/abilities + root/cc immunity + uninterruptible actions.

The only two thing they are lacking now is insta-heal and burst spam. (Yeah, they got holo-locate to retreat to safety :rolleyes:)

People make a big deal of holo locate, but it really is not that much of a thing for Snipers. A clever player will know where you are, everyone who uses it (Sages Sorcs first) knows where you will put the HC.

The reality is Snipers never asked for HL, it is BW who gave it to Snipers. And unlike Sages we cannot really stay in a corner and heal to full. I would have preferred some better dcd to be honest.

I was thinking to be original and start to think out of my head where to place it, but yesterday I was seeing a Twitch Stream from Cola in ranked vs Yugi, this last is one of the best Snipers on our servers if not the best. And every time he holo-located they got him in 5 - ten seconds most.

For Regz holo-locate is king, but Snipers never really had problems in Regz, and even in 1vs1 situations and even vs 2 with all CDs and even above average players you can still turn out a winner. Even I manage this and I am Worst-SniperEngineerEu.

Edited by limenutpen