How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

Lhancelot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious what can players do to prepare for the new mats and crafting etc. that will be introduced? Anyone want to share how they plan to prepare for the new expansion to hit the ground running once it drops?

The best way to to explore it on the pts, not sure when it's going to be live there though. Also Vulkk and a couple of the other content providers usually have info up as soon as the PTS goes live. Not sure if it will have anything about the crafting, but hopefully :)

The best way to to explore it on the pts, not sure when it's going to be live there though. Also Vulkk and a couple of the other content providers usually have info up as soon as the PTS goes live. Not sure if it will have anything about the crafting, but hopefully :)

Thanks I will check out Vulkk then.

The purple and blue exotic mats which are used in crafting 234 and above gear and mods will all be going “away.” It’s about 98.999% likely they’ll be converted directly to credits, maybe 1% chance that the devs won’t automate but will allow conversion to credits at a vendor, and nearly zero chance they’ll convert to something useful like the tier 1 blue prototype grade 11 exotic material that is basically 6.0’s version of refined isotope stabilizers. My opinion of course, but the devs said in a livestream that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of some of those materials and they have no intention of granting those stockpilers an advantage.

For prep, I would save up as many credits as possible. Save up the stacks of legacy bound Jawa junk etc. to buy materials in the new expansion. Consume/use the bound-to-legacy looted CXP packs, but boosts will transform into something else for renown, so they can be stored or used as you see fit. Use up unassembled components. Masterwork Data Crystals will also be going away, so either use them for 258 gear or for the decorations on Ossus.

Save up any Experience Point boosts you have, they will help you earn renown faster so you actually don’t even want to use them to level from 70 to 75 ... as far as we have been told.

I am strongly considering spending all my remaining command tokens to get CXP boosts, but I’ll probably wait until just before the expansion to do that. Iokath recombinators are not likely to be used in 6.0 and CXP boosts will, as far as we know. It would be nice if the devs would just convert all our remaining command tokens into CXP boosts automatically but I’m not expecting that to happen, and I would hate to have my thousands of tokens converted into credits and miss out on a few dozen CXP boosts.

The myriad of set boni and tactical items on PTS is both interesting and overwhelming. Things are definitely going to be radically different however. Amounts of accuracy and alacrity to achieve goals are substantially higher at level 75 than currently on Live at 70. There is also a type of level-sync being implemented for older operations. Therefore, those facts combined with the vastly different item rating in green 6.0 gear (270) vs Ossus 258 gear, all means I don’t think 258 gear will give you any advantage going into 6.0, unlike previous expansions.

I expect many seemingly unrelated things will break... for example, I expect that the alliance supply crates will erroneously vanish for some time until the devs figure out how to restore them as mission rewards. Much like the datacron decorations and the Star Fortress decorations/Conquered Exarch bracers broke. So, maybe stock up on them before they break. But that’s my pessimism talking.

Best thing is to stack credits from current crafting items and run down grade 10 mats because they will be replaced by grade 11 and maybe 12.

hey ... Trixx .. do you have any characters on SF ? If so let me know... I have been accumulating a bunch of stuff that you might can use. Either that or I need to start crafting as well. Some of the items I have are rare .. (purple) items.

Drop me a PM if interested !

Thanks !

The purple and blue exotic mats which are used in crafting 234 and above gear and mods will all be going “away.” It’s about 98.999% likely they’ll be converted directly to credits, maybe 1% chance that the devs won’t automate but will allow conversion to credits at a vendor, and nearly zero chance they’ll convert to something useful like the tier 1 blue prototype grade 11 exotic material that is basically 6.0’s version of refined isotope stabilizers. My opinion of course, but the devs said in a livestream that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of some of those materials and they have no intention of granting those stockpilers an advantage.

For prep, I would save up as many credits as possible. Save up the stacks of legacy bound Jawa junk etc. to buy materials in the new expansion. Consume/use the bound-to-legacy looted CXP packs, but boosts will transform into something else for renown, so they can be stored or used as you see fit. Use up unassembled components. Masterwork Data Crystals will also be going away, so either use them for 258 gear or for the decorations on Ossus.

Save up any Experience Point boosts you have, they will help you earn renown faster so you actually don’t even want to use them to level from 70 to 75 ... as far as we have been told.

I am strongly considering spending all my remaining command tokens to get CXP boosts, but I’ll probably wait until just before the expansion to do that. Iokath recombinators are not likely to be used in 6.0 and CXP boosts will, as far as we know. It would be nice if the devs would just convert all our remaining command tokens into CXP boosts automatically but I’m not expecting that to happen, and I would hate to have my thousands of tokens converted into credits and miss out on a few dozen CXP boosts.

The myriad of set boni and tactical items on PTS is both interesting and overwhelming. Things are definitely going to be radically different however. Amounts of accuracy and alacrity to achieve goals are substantially higher at level 75 than currently on Live at 70. There is also a type of level-sync being implemented for older operations. Therefore, those facts combined with the vastly different item rating in green 6.0 gear (270) vs Ossus 258 gear, all means I don’t think 258 gear will give you any advantage going into 6.0, unlike previous expansions.

I expect many seemingly unrelated things will break... for example, I expect that the alliance supply crates will erroneously vanish for some time until the devs figure out how to restore them as mission rewards. Much like the datacron decorations and the Star Fortress decorations/Conquered Exarch bracers broke. So, maybe stock up on them before they break. But that’s my pessimism talking.

Nice thanks for all this! I read it after I asked Trixxie the question. :o

I am curious what can players do to prepare for the new mats and crafting etc. that will be introduced? Anyone want to share how they plan to prepare for the new expansion to hit the ground running once it drops?

Personally I'm doing nothing to "prepare" for 6.0. When it drops, I'll just stumble my way through as usual.

I don't even quite understand why you would want to prepare to "hit the ground running". It's not a competition**. The more you prepare, the less there is to do later. The less to do later, the sooner you get bored and then complain that there's nothing to do.

** I do understand that there are people who want to be "first" and/or want to get any upgraded armor etc, to get to endgame. These people don't actually like to play RPGs, they just want to PvP, etc. Me, I like to play the game. :)

You were mostly on point. However experience boosts will only boost the amount of xp you earn (level 1-75) and does not effect renown at all. That's what the renown boosters are for once you get to 75 as renown is not available until lvl 75

stabilizers. My opinion of course, but the devs said in a livestream that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of some of those materials and they have no intention of granting those stockpilers an advantage.

I am one of these persons. It will probably be time to tinker. ;):D

so if we got grade 10 mats, they will be turned into grade 11-12 when the expansion drops?

Nope. They will stay grade 10, the same as when we had grade 9 as the highest and then grade10 was added.

Basically, most of the grade 10 mats will become redundant for end game stuff. They will only be useful to people making things like dyes, strong hold or conquest stuff.

I’m currently running mine down because I had stacks of 9999 grade 10.

You were mostly on point. However experience boosts will only boost the amount of xp you earn (level 1-75) and does not effect renown at all. That's what the renown boosters are for once you get to 75 as renown is not available until lvl 75

Actually, you are incorrect.

Question - “What will happen to CXP packs? Will CXP boost consumables still be a thing? If so, will they be refreshable (the current ones aren’t, which often leads to them falling off at the worst of times). Will XP boost consumables impact Renown gain? More generally, how will all of the various boosts interact?”

Answer -

• CXP Packs: Use these before 6.0! CXP Consumables will be going away. This delivery mechanism was a byproduct of the original CXP 5.0 launch that we weren't able to move away from. In 6.0 CXP (Renown) will be generated via content rewards, not consumables.

• CXP Boosts: Rebranded to Renown Boosts. Everything they currently do stays intact in the new system. I'll try to get some eyes on the refresh-able issue and see what we can do here.

• XP Boosts: Will impact Renown gain! Let me explain a little how this works below:

A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!

As an aside, this new interaction between Experience and Renown was recently a hot topic of debate.

Regardless, as far as we know at this moment, XP and Renown boosts will stack in some way.

Carefull with that one. Numbers are still in the air, but from what people tested on PTS up to 1.5 the value of a single Jawa Junk, etc will be a lot less in 6.0. Reason is they will be more common than they are now so prices of current grades will increase by a magnitude. Currently, grade 1 to 9 cost just "1", but on PTS values were one PER GRADE, so grade 8 might have a value of 8.

If those prices are to be confirmed, then it might be better to spend current stacks of them and horde the mats (lots of low grade mats a very valueable) than to save them. We will have to wait a little more and see.

Carefull with that one. Numbers are still in the air, but from what people tested on PTS up to 1.5 the value of a single Jawa Junk, etc will be a lot less in 6.0. Reason is they will be more common than they are now so prices of current grades will increase by a magnitude. Currently, grade 1 to 9 cost just "1", but on PTS values were one PER GRADE, so grade 8 might have a value of 8.

If those prices are to be confirmed, then it might be better to spend current stacks of them and horde the mats (lots of low grade mats a very valueable) than to save them. We will have to wait a little more and see.

Given the comment about some people having "thousands" of the various jawa junk, I suspect the new exchange rate will stay level based instead of the static 1:1 for mat grades 1-9.

There's no way to know for sure, however, until 6.0 drops.

Given the comment about some people having "thousands" of the various jawa junk, I suspect the new exchange rate will stay level based instead of the static 1:1 for mat grades 1-9.

There's no way to know for sure, however, until 6.0 drops.

any grade below 11 is basically only for conquest though. Will we still be trying to craft our way to conquest or will the best use of those materials be changing to crafting for players to use in regular content?

There's always a ton to think through and without exact math it's hard to say.

Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments. I'm guessing that I won't be able to get the more advanced mats as a solo player so I wasn't even considering making anything with grade 11 materials, the same way I haven't bothered with the recipes available on Ossus because of the mats.

Given the new 'exchange rate' with the jawas on the PTS I've just been having my characters gather a lot of mats and spending all the jawa junk I have on grade 8 - 10 mats that are needed for the dyes and other things I make for my own characters. I'm guessing that there are going to be a lot more players fighting for the nodes after 6.0 goes live and I want no part of it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Actually, you are incorrect.

As an aside, this new interaction between Experience and Renown was recently a hot topic of debate.

Regardless, as far as we know at this moment, XP and Renown boosts will stack in some way.

I think I’m correct in saying XP boosts don’t currently increase any XP you’d get from activities once you reach max lvl 70. Which makes them redundant when you hit lvl 70.

Why would that change when the new highest target lvl will be 75.

I’m not sure XP boosts will be any more relevant towards renown than they are to CXP.

Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments.

We don’t know that exactly. At least I’ve not seen any confirmation on those mats.

What we do know is they will be adding new Augments for lvl 72-75. This will mean new mats will be required and not the old ones. So unless you want lower lvl Augments than lvl 72-75, you don’t need to go on a max crafting binge,

I’ve made a bunch and already got most of my Alts equiped till I get to lvl 75 and craft newer ones. But if you’ve already equipped them all, you don’t need to make extras.

I would expect Bioware probably just increase the frequency or places you can get the CMT and stabilisers. So their value will drop regardless. If you’ve got a heap, then I’d start off loading those instead of making Augments. It’s part of the reason why CMTs have dropped to 300-400k on the GTN. People are dumping them before the price drops more.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think I’m correct in saying XP boosts don’t currently increase any XP you’d get from activities once you reach max lvl 70. Which makes them redundant when you hit lvl 70.

Why would that change when the new highest target lvl will be 75.

I’m not sure XP boosts will be any more relevant towards renown than they are to CXP.

Because of this part from the quote.

A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!

What happens and the way things work now are irrelevant because 6.0 is making some major changes to GC. Its been confirmed that Renown is only at lvl 75, so the above means that with 6.0 using an XP boost at lvl 75 will increase one's Renown gains.

We don’t know that exactly. At least I’ve not seen any confirmation on those mats.

What we do know is they will be adding new Augments for lvl 72-75. This will mean new mats will be required and not the old ones. So unless you want lower lvl Augments than lvl 72-75, you don’t need to go on a max crafting binge,

I’ve made a bunch and already got most of my Alts equiped till I get to lvl 75 and craft newer ones. But if you’ve already equipped them all, you don’t need to make extras.

I would expect Bioware probably just increase the frequency or places you can get the CMT and stabilisers. So their value will drop regardless. If you’ve got a heap, then I’d start off loading those instead of making Augments. It’s part of the reason why CMTs have dropped to 300-400k on the GTN. People are dumping them before the price drops more.

Thank you. That clarifies things a little. I don't have all my characters equipped yet completely (some are, some only have a few 236 or 240s) so I'll use up what I have for them.

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that the newer augments will be out of reach because the mats will likely be inaccessible to me as a solo player, just as the Ossus ones are. So 240s are probably the best my characters will ever get.

Because of this part from the quote.

What happens and the way things work now are irrelevant because 6.0 is making some major changes to GC. Its been confirmed that Renown is only at lvl 75, so the above means that with 6.0 using an XP boost at lvl 75 will increase one's Renown gains.

But will the XP boosts apply or not at lvl 75. Because they have been very vague regarding that.

Thank you. That clarifies things a little. I don't have all my characters equipped yet completely (some are, some only have a few 236 or 240s) so I'll use up what I have for them.

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that the newer augments will be out of reach because the mats will likely be inaccessible to me as a solo player, just as the Ossus ones are. So 240s are probably the best my characters will ever get.

Don’t stress too much, I’d assume they will add grade 11 blue items to then reverse engineer to purple items. Only the yellow items will have the hard to get mats. It’s quiet possible you will be alright with the grade 11 purple Augments. But we’ll have to wait and see.

In the mean time to play it safe, just get all your Alts into 236-240 Augments as these might still be better than any grade 11 purple augs.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments. I'm guessing that I won't be able to get the more advanced mats as a solo player so I wasn't even considering making anything with grade 11 materials, the same way I haven't bothered with the recipes available on Ossus because of the mats.

I expect one or both of two things to happen:

1. The schematics for 236 and 240 augments will be changed to use regularly obtained grade 10 stuff
  2. The crafted artifact version of augments at level 75 will be several item ratings higher than a 240 augment

Remember that 236 and 240 augments were an anomaly, brought in to create a gear grind in between 5.0 and the veteran mode of Gods from the Machine. There will probably be an artifact tier of augments, with the blue prototype schematics coming from slicing missions, at the same item rating as the initial level of crafted end-game level 75 stuff. Just like 228 augments came out at the same time as all the other crafted artifact 228 gear at the start of 5.0, and 208 augments before that in 4.0, etc. etc. The legendary 306 augments on PTS may or may not be craftable, but even if they are, they won't use CMTs or memory cores, they will use a grade 11 material.