Flashpoints and F2P players - Lost Island GF Pugs

As the title suggestions, this question is directed to the F2P players out there. Does just entering a flashpoint count toward your 3 flashpoints per week or does it count only once its completed?

The reason I ask is because of the recent influx of the players who show up in HM Lost Island less optimally geared than what I would expect them to be. I'm all for and sometimes a bit expectant of fresh 50's to be decked out in a full set of recruit or even the occasional level 48 / 49 green in a normal HM flashpoint... whatever. When it comes to HM Lost island, if your geared with said items above, please do yourself a favor and dont que up for HM Lost island in this. You will save yourself the time you spent in group finder to show up on HM Lost island just to be kicked out of the group and you will save the time having the group which will be kicking you to have to look for a replacement.

Almost everyday, I log on to do at least 1 run of HM Lost Island for our guild with my shadow so those who need the Rakghoul weekly can complete it. My tank set is a mix of Campaign/BH/Rakata and my DPS set is a mix of Rakata/Columi so I end up queing for both. On almost every occasion, I have seen either the tank or Healer show up in full recruit. THIS WILL NOT WORK in HM Lost Island when pugging a group threw groupfinder. You will be kicked from the group 99% of the time. With some guilds, it will work since the flashpoint can be 3 manned but not all guilds can pull this off so ill put out the "don't try this at home" disclamer unless you know your 3 players are decked out in the appropriate gear for the occasion.

Even though this goes for both F2P players and subbed players as far as the gear goes for HM Lost Island, If just entering a flashpoint counts toward your 3 per week and your not geared for the content, please que up for the normal HM flashpoints instead of HM Lost Island and save yourself that 1 que that could have gotten you into another Tier 1 flashpoint. HM Lost Island is a Tier 2 Flashpoint requires better gear than your recruit and green 49's or less.

Gear wise for HM Lost island if you are wondering (in my opinion) should be:

- For pugs, a full set of Columi or better which can be received by doing the regular HM flashpoints.

- For experienced groups who know the fights, a full set of Tionese or better would work.

Edited by haliy

"if" we end up pugging people for this in GF i personally dont even bother inspecting them if their health is below 18k, they just get insta kicked. the amount of times we have to kick people who turn up with 14k health is just insane. Edited by snowmon

I have no problem pugging groups since our guild is Casual and limited on players since were scattered all over the place between times and a sister guild on the imp side. I've made a couple friends who ask me to tank for HM ops for their guild when they need a filler when one of their tanks cant show up for raid nights so it works out well for me.

The original post was primarily directed to not have the F2P players to not waste a FP on one that will get you kicked out of right away since they are only limited to 3 per week. That could be 1 extra HM FP to get gear out of to be ready for more demanding content.

As it is for a geared F2P player, the 3 FP's they would be doing are the following:

1. 1 HM FP with all selected for the daily (for BH coms)
  2. HM Kaon - for Rakghoul conflicts weekly
  3. HM Lost Island - for Rakghoul conflicts weekly

For the F2P players who are still gearing their 50 up, the 3 FP's they should be doing would be:

• 1 Tier 1 HM FP with all selected for the daily (for BH coms)
  • 2 HM FP's except for Kaon or Lost island for the Galactic Conflicts weekly. Kaon nor Lost island go toward this weekly so they shouldn't be queing for it anyways.

Yesterdays conversation went like this with a guildie when I logged in with my Shadow tank (hes Shadow DPS spec).

Me: Hi everyone. Anybody need HM Lost island for the weekly (Posts rakghoul conflicts weekly in guild chat)

Guildie: Dude, mind if drop this team and group with you for it? Our tank is sporting 18k hp

Me: Sure thing. Fresh 50?

Guildie: <drops his team and joins up with me> Everyone in the team had more HP than him... we didn't even make it past the first miniboss

Me: Alright, queing us up

<Enter Commando & Guardian>

Commando: Sorry guys, im not a healer and GF pulled me into that roll <Commando leaves team>

Me: guess i could pull out my companion to clear out some of the trash on the way to not be too bored waiting for a healer.

<inspecting the Guardian - He has a mix of purple tank and blue dps gear with a green rated 110 lightsaber which he got from questing>

Me: Why are you half decked out in Tank gear and queing up as DPS and please tell me that you have a better saber than what you have equipped.

Guardian: Well, i have this lightsaber instead <states that he has another saber probably of equal or lesser quality>

Me: <Sending tell to guldie> This guy scares me

Guildie: <in tell back to me> Yep, this is what ive been dealing with all day and the reason i wanted to group with you to hope i got some better sucess

<cleared some trash and after 10 min of waiting>

Me: sorry but doesn't look like this gonna happen without a healer. Companion healers tend to be stupid when standing in the bad stuff

<me and guildie drop team>

Stuff like this is exactly what i was talking about. When my companion has more HP than you at 18.4K HP (Speaking specifically of tanks and DPS wearing tank gear), you should not be queing for HM Lost island

Please Please Please -

• If your going to que for DPS, then be wearing DPS gear
  • If your going to que for Tank / DPS, Then make sure you have a Full Tank and Full DPS sets. Please don't be 50/50.
  • if you know you are not geared for the content, then don't que up for it hoping to be carried threw.

Edited by haliy